1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 05:09
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Amen to that, I couldn't have said it better myself. Here is some ammo for you. Muslim's believe that Jesus was a prophet (not the Son of God, just a prophet) So when Jesus said "I AM the Way, the Truth and the Light", and no one can come to the Father except by me. Would that cancel out Mohammed even within their own religion. Since Jesus is believed to b ...[text shortened]... ophet, those two statments cancel out any more use Mohammed the prophet that they believe in
    You aren't even remotely addressing his point nor the issue in the thread. Did you read it?
    Did you understand it?

Nemesio
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 05:13
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Thank God, some of us want a living and loving [b]relationship with a Person rather than a Truth Table of binary 1 and 0s.

If you trust in Jesus everything will pan out alright.

While Nemesio searches for the Ultimate Theological Matrix of binary 1s and 0s to yield him air tight logical answers on all manner of hypothetical situations, som ...[text shortened]... prefer to fall in love with the most precious and attractive one in the universe - Jesus Christ.[/b]
    Interesting that the notion of 'relationship' with Jesus is totally absent for about 1850 years of
    Christianity. All of a sudden (relatively speaking) it's all the rage.

I guess those dummy Disciples didn't know what they were doing, huh?

You don't like to answer questions directly because establishing a coherent statement of faith would
    allow other people to examine it. You want this mealymouthed, nebulous 'relationship' where
    God loves you and you are saved and you get to live forever in heaven and nothing can happen
    to jeopardize it.

In your world, you've met Jesus who is even more real than me. But you won't even define
    'real.'

You claim to be sooooo secure in your theology, yet there isn't even a basic statement of faith,
    other than you want a 'relationship' with Jesus (a concept utterly foreign to the Bible).

So, I'll ask again, was your rambling a yes or a no? Or are you recusing yourself from answering,
    as usual?

Nemesio
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 07:28
    Thank God, some of us want a living and loving [b]relationship with a Person rather than a Truth Table of binary 1 and 0s.

If you trust in Jesus everything will pan out alright.

While Nemesio searches for the Ultimate Theological Matrix of binary 1s and 0s to yield him air tight logical answers on all manner of hypothetical situations, som ...[text shortened]... prefer to fall in love with the most precious and attractive one in the universe - Jesus Christ.[/b]
    What would Jesus do? Would he entertain Nemesio's questions; or would he rather fall in love with himself?
  4. Illinois
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 08:422 edits
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    In three parts:

1) If God made it such that, no matter what you believed or how you conducted your life, when
    you died, you would go to Hell, would you continue to worship Him? Why or why not?

2) If God made it such that, no matter what you believed or how you conducted your life, when
    you died, you would go to Heaven, would you continue to worship ...[text shortened]... d
    purposes would cease to exist, would you continue to worship Him? Why or why not?

Nemesio
    If God gave me the power to worship him, I could do so under any circumstance, including (1), (2), or (3), because genuine worship arises independent of considerations of 'eternal destiny'. Genuine worship is the recognition of and reverence for the Truth (God's spiritual reality). In each case you describe, God, the Truth himself, is the constant; therefore, I can answer "yes" to each of your circumstances, provided God reveals his glory to me.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:12-13).

Jesus: "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24).
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 13:093 edits
    Interesting that the notion of 'relationship' with Jesus is totally absent for about 1850 years of

I guess those dummy Disciples didn't know what they were doing, huh?

You don't like to answer questions directly because establishing a coherent statement of faith would
    allow oth yes or a no? Or are you recusing yourself from answering,
    as usual?

Nemesio
    ===================================
    ========================================

The sole purpose of E.H. Broadbent's "The Pilgrim Church" was to prove that from first century AD down through 19th century there have always been Christians who have had a vital relationship with the resurrected Christ. They were usually off the traditional mainstream - pilgrims on the earth.

If you think you have a span of years in which no one spoke of a relationship with Christ tell me. It should be long enough for me to research on it. That is about 100 years.

Your idea that a relationship with Jesus is only a modern fad is a skeptic's daydream.

============================================
    You don't like to answer questions directly because establishing a coherent statement of faith would allow other people to examine it. You want this mealymouthed, nebulous 'relationship' where
    God loves you and you are saved and you get to live forever in heaven and nothing can happen
    to jeopardize it.
    ===========================================

If you want a statement of faith I'll give you one.

I find your mealybrained skepticism nebulously foolish.

You claim to be sooooo secure in your theology, yet there isn't even a basic statement of faith,
    other than you want a 'relationship' with Jesus (a concept utterly foreign to the Bible).

My security is Jesus Himself.

If you want some concise statement of faith I'll provide you with one I subscribe to.

=========================================
    So, I'll ask again, was your rambling a yes or a no? Or are you recusing yourself from answering,
    as usual?
    =========================================

The clear answer you got above about "relationships" with Jesus being documented and experienced from the first century down to the 20th century is all you get in this post.

Let's see if you can handle that simple correction of your lie that relationship with Jesus is only a recent fad.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 13:201 edit
    a 'relationship' with Jesus (a concept utterly foreign to the Bible).
    ======================================

A relationship with Jesus is utterly foreign to the Bible ?

I think you are getting more and more blind. This is tragic.

"Professing to be wise, they became fools ..."

If the light in you be darkness, how great is the darkness.
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 14:221 edit
    [b]===================================

The sole purpose of E.H. Broadbent's "The Pilgrim Church" was to prove that from first ple correction of your lie that relationship with Jesus is only a recent fad.[/b]
    Summary of Jaywill's post
    I can answer you question. I can, really. I can do it. But I won't because I got Jesus. I don't
    need to answer your evil, skeptical, atheist, antiChrist, neo-Nero, hateful, heathen, pagan, nasty,
    hurtful questions, because Jesus is my pal. Someone wrote a book that said that people had
    relationships with Jesus, but I won't tell you about it, because I have a relationship with Jesus.

And I won't answer your question posed in this thread, though I will continue to pollute it with
    irrelevant rambling.

If you don't like my tone, or this thread, or whatever, then why do you keep posting? Seriously?
    I post in response to your posts because they invariably contain BS, theological infelicity, an
    incoherent understanding of Scripture, or whatever I object to. I address the content of your posts.
    What do you do? You post in here that you don't like me or my question. What are you, 12
    years old or something? I know you're not, but you're sure acting that way.

Man up! Start your own threads if you want to spill your theological seed all over yourself
    and like-minded 'believers.' Or address the actual issues of the thread in question.

So, is it a yes or a no to the question posed in this thread?

Nemesio
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 14:381 edit
    Summary of Jaywill's post
    [b]I can answer you question. I can, really. I can do it. But I won't because I got Jesus. I don't
    need to answer your evil, skeptical, atheist, antiChrist, neo-Nero, hateful, heathen, pagan, nasty,
    hurtful questions, because Jesus is my pal. Someone wrote a book that said that people had
    relationships with Jesus, bu estion.

So, is it a yes or a no to the question posed in this thread?

Nemesio
    [/b]A relationship with is utterly foriegn to the Bible.

The answer to that is no, that is not true. Is that simple enough for you?

Anyone who believes that a relationship with Jesus is "utterly foreign to the Bible" is pretty far gone for any kind of discussion of Christian faith. That is really "evil, skeptical, antiChrist, etc." all that bad stuff you refered to.

As for you three questions above - yes, no, and I forget what the last one was. That is as best as I can recall them.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 15:002 edits
    In three parts:

1) If God made it such that, no matter what you believed or how you conducted your life, when
    you died, you would go to Hell, would you continue to worship Him? Why or why not?

2) If God made it such that, no matter what you believed or how you conducted your life, when
    you died, you would go to Heaven, would you continue to worship ...[text shortened]... d
    purposes would cease to exist, would you continue to worship Him? Why or why not?

Nemesio
    In three parts:

you died, you would go to Hell, would you continue to worship Him?

Probably yes

===============================
    Why or why not?
    =================================

If I explain "why or why not?" you'll probably say I talk too much. Right?

=====================================
    you died, you would go to Heaven, would you continue to worship Him? Why or why not?
    ======================================

I don't know. Probably not. Then again how can I help but worship God?

If I elaborate "why or why not?" you may find it "mealy mouth" or too verbose.

=====================================
    3) If God made it such that, no matter what you believed or how you conducted your life, when you died, you would be put into a state of dreamless sleep for all eternity, for all intents and

Let me put it to you simply. The worship and praise of God really flows out from Him.

Regardless what He does it is hard far me to see not wanting to give thanks and praise and worship to God.

Sorry I intruded on you proposed topic. I'll leave it now.
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 04:361 edit
    In three parts:

you died, you would go to Hell, would you continue to worship Him?

Probably yes

===============================
    Why or why not?
    ============== se and worship to God.

Sorry I intruded on you proposed topic. I'll leave it now.
    Oh stop being a sissy and acting hurt. Thanks for sorta answering the question. Great job.

Nemesio
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 04:38
    Anyone who believes that a relationship with Jesus is "utterly foreign to the Bible" is pretty far gone for any kind of discussion of Christian faith. That is really "evil, skeptical, antiChrist, etc." all that bad stuff you refered to.
    I guess 1800 years of Christianity was really just Satan worship, since the concept of a relationship
    (in those words and with that connotation) is a 19th century convention. Take it to the other
    thread.

Nemesio
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 04:421 edit
    In three parts:

Nemesio
    I would have to agree with Epi. Worship is independent from the knowledge of ones own eternal destiny just as the scriptures state, "EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." That means your knee and tongue as well as mine no matter our ultimate destiny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree