Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:26
    Originally posted by Churlant
    There are a few ways.

1. The time needed for the Earth's shape as we see it today isn't nearly as long as believed by mainstream science.

2. God created the Earth to seem older than it actually is, including continents which appear to have drifted over millions of years.

3. Tectonics is a myth.

4. "6,000 years" is not the same to us today as it is within the context of scripture.

-JC
    Doesn't it worry you guys a bit, how much your stories have to be modified with conjecture (since there is no evidence on most things the bible says happened) to make them even barely in concordance with the way the world really is?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:29
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    the perfect people to study this would be those Christians who believe a day is longer than a day, as they would be somewhere inbetween. noah's ark MUST be so confusing to them, because it is black or white... seven meters above the highest mountain. it's either a total double-meaning or it happened.
    Creationists do not believe the world is 6000years old because of the bible but because they counted through the number of generations and took into consideration the time of historical events and then estimated the age (I got 3000 years).

Unless you redefine what a generation is, then 6000years is concise.
  5. Gravesend Kent
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:31
    the perfect people to study this would be those Christians who believe a day is longer than a day, as they would be somewhere inbetween. noah's ark MUST be so confusing to them, because it is black or white... seven meters above the highest mountain. it's either a total double-meaning or it happened.
    How do you account for the Sumerian account of Utnapishtim? Several thousand years before the Bible.

Why does the Bible speak in plural Gods in Genesis?

Answers, answers , answers. This fence is uncomfortable.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:391 edit

This post is unavailable.

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:40

8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:441 edit
    Originally posted by mikew195
    How do you account for the Sumerian account of Utnapishtim? Several thousand years before the Bible.
    You should go hang out with Frogstomp. He lives in the "Ox Goad" thread under a pile of wet blankets.
  9. Gravesend Kent
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:46
    the answer is 34
    Mice? Then who designed the fjiords?
  10. Gravesend Kent
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:47
    Originally posted by Halitose
    You should go hang out with Frogstomp. He lives in the "Ox Goad" thread under a pile of wet blankets.
    Sounds good. See you in hell.
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:50
    No seriously, I'm sure the two of you would have one interesting discussion about ancient Sumerian phenomenon and stuff.
  12. Gravesend Kent
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:55
    Just read Frogstomp's posts. He and I are in agreement. I still think we are on the right path no matter what is written here. Watch and wait.

Myth has so often been proven right. Why devalue texts simply because they are older than the Bible?
  13. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 19:59
    Just read Frogstomp's posts. He and I are in agreement. I still think we are on the right path no matter what is written here. Watch and wait.

Myth has so often been proven right. Why devalue texts simply because they are older than the Bible?
    😏
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 20:05

15. Gravesend Kent
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 20:10
    no, you could have something to offer like all people. it just isn't in the area i think should be searched, which is dead bodies.

it is christians that believe a day is longer who would be able to find suitable evidence through dead bodies that the flood happened or not. they would see sense in darwin, so you'd think they would also want to prove/disprove the flood in a similar method.

yeah!
    end game..bye

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree