This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 20:15
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Doesn't it worry you guys a bit, how much your stories have to be modified with conjecture (since there is no evidence on most things the bible says happened) to make them even barely in concordance with the way the world really is?
    Why should it worry us? Faith.

Does it worry you to know that if you are wrong and we are right, you are going to Hell?

-JC
  3. Gravesend Kent
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 20:30
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    no, you could have something to offer like all people. it just isn't in the area i think should be searched, which is dead bodies.

it is christians that believe a day is longer who would be able to find suitable evidence through dead bodies that the flood happened or not. they would see sense in darwin, so you'd think they would also want to prove/disprove the flood in a similar method.

yeah!
    the thread is continental drift. Not post drift.
  4. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 22:43
    First the Bible is not a scientific textbook. Its sole purpose is to bring men to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. If it’s not pertinent to that subject, the Bible will not give a lot of detail or answer a lot of questions.

Most Christians I know believe in a literal 24 hr per day, 7 day creation. My experience has been most Christians spend little time reading their Bible and even less time studying it. As a result, they have a lot of misconceptions about what it says.

To have a literal 24 hour day and seven day week, you need the sun in place so the earth can revolve around it. My Bible says the sun, moon and stars were created on the fourth day, and they were to be signs for seasons, days and years. So, there you have it. “Time” as we know it was created on the fourth day.

What does the Bible mean, then, by using the term “day” prior to that? I don’t know, it’s not important. What IS important is: Do you believe the report God gave of His Son?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 23:23
    Originally posted by masscat
    First the Bible is not a scientific textbook. Its sole purpose is to bring men to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. If it’s not pertinent to that subject, the Bible will not give a lot of detail or answer a lot of questions.

Most Christians I know believe in a literal 24 hr per day, 7 day creation. My experience has been most Christians spend little ...[text shortened]... know, it’s not important. What IS important is: Do you believe the report God gave of His Son?
    To have a literal 24 hour day and seven day week, you need the sun in place so the earth can revolve around it.

Not necessarily. A day is one rotation of the Earth around it's own axis.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 23:57
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]To have a literal 24 hour day and seven day week, you need the sun in place so the earth can revolve around it.

Not necessarily. A day is one rotation of the Earth around it's own axis.[/b]
    tee hee hee

now that is embarassing
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 05:481 edit
    Originally posted by Churlant
    Why should it worry us? Faith.

Does it worry you to know that if you are wrong and we are right, you are going to Hell?

-JC
    Heaven is supposed to be spending all eternity around some type of creator who can't even create a descent world? I mean, if his story is right, then the universe he created is hellishly inconsistant.

I'll take my chances.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 05:54
    no, i'm saying there is only one possible answer, for a 6000yr creationist. i want to know how they explain how a flood caused it to happen... continental shift. creation, nah not interested as it's not clear.

i ain't interested in what you want me to be interested in my own thread. simple. this makes sense to both sides and those inbetween. my question was straight-forward, how does a ((6000)) yr creationist explain continental shift.
    Hey, appently this flood can also change the decay constants of every radioactive element just the right amount to give the impression that the planet is 4.5 billion years old, irrespective of the dating method you use. Amazing, huh!
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 06:02
    Originally posted by Churlant
    The flood itself wasn't exactly random, was it?

You place far too much importance on science. This is a matter of faith. It isn't God's job to provide you with sufficient "proof" of His actions.

-JC
    Science tells me I need to breathe and eat. You should try stopping both for a month or two, tell me how well faith does you.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 06:19

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 07:25

12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 14:46
    i'm tired, i've been up all night with only a little sleep today. yes, the hangi was yummy, but i just got back from the party which i couldn't really be bothered with. had a couple of cans, naa i'm going home.

i'm not sure what you mean by decay constants, but dating the earth a 4.5 billion years old does hold uncertainty either way in the fact at what a W ...[text shortened]... tches, and see if we all can fly on our broomsticks. lol, i'm going bed to dream of...
    I think Noah's Flood can explain why quantum mechanics and classical mechanics don't match up. The waves were just so strong that they permanently knocked physics out of wack.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 16:45
    6000 yr creationists
    You know where everything was 6 thousand years ago, or are
    you assuming according to the data you are looking at now that
    you do?
    Kelly
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 17:071 edit

15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 23:10
    That all depends on what you claim evolution is and has done,
    depending on how it is presented I can say I believe in it.

" i'm just bringing up a simple point that it should be provable to all people either way if people wanted to put the efforts in. i think it's a reasonable statement, and one that is possible for someone to make a big change to earth."

A big change in the earth, you are talking about before and after
    the flood? You happen to know what the earth looked like preflood?
    We all know what it looks like today, beyond that it is the imagination
    of man that fills in the blanks.

" where did dinosaurs come from, and more importantly when did they die? dinosaurs really split apart evolution/creation. i guess for myself who is putting my money on the flood happening, dinosaurs would have been killed in the flood, which adds reason that humans, animals etc would have died then also, and their remains should be findable in random, ordered patterns. yet, this makes no sense to evolutionary beliefs. like trying to split the atom."

The dinosaurs were created the same week everything else was.
    They died, when I don't know. Why I don't know. If you accept the
    flood, I imagine some time after the flood they died off. If they
    all really have all died off. They would have had to been on the
    Ark as well during the flood.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree