This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 16:02
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, it is an example of mercy.

a harlot named rehab betrayed her people and harboured jewish spies in return of having her hide spared. she then lied to her people, didn't warn them and hid like a spineless coward in her home while the children of her people and her people were being butchered around her.

wonderful storyπŸ˜€ only where you see mercy i ...[text shortened]... ayal cowardice and murder. poh-teh-to poh-tah-to

totally what jesus would have done as well.
    I use to wonder how you could say so many stupid and ignorant interpretations of the Bible in one day.

Then I realized the answer - you get up early.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 16:02
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==============================
    i don't have a black and white view on abortion, like i am not 100% liberal or conservative.
    ==============================

I respect that. But you seem to have a very "black and white" criticism of God.

You seemed pretty 100% cock sure that God should be condemned for taking a drastic action that some society ...[text shortened]... ce your reading of the book of Joshua with reading the book of Jonah. [/b]
    oh sorry i thought i made myself clear. i am not black and white on criticism of god. i am black and white on criticism of some christians that believe that the OT is 100% accurate. that some passages aren't simply tools used by the israelite kings to control the conquered land and justify the purging of the local population. i criticize those that say that the loving and tolerating god of nt is the same as the god of the ot. either he is not the same or he did change

"If you are willing to give old man at least a benefit of a doubt that just maybe there is some justification for a childs termination, why not an all knowing Creator ?"
    the first is a compromise. the second is not. the second is full acceptance of the omniscience of god. they aren't related and besides, i don't deny the omniscience of god. i deny the thought that god had nothing to do than to smite every bible writer that wrote crp, every vatican dude that included or dismissed a bible book, that god would be capable of letting job suffer in agony(and kill his relatives who had nothing to do with anything anyway) just so to prove a point to satan(wtf?) as if god and satan are playing chicken with the lives of humans

I think the Bible shows us that a society could actually get so bad that the spread of its philosophies could enganger the whole human race.
    you know, this reminds me of a very little known story, you might not have heard of it. It is about a civilization called Nazi Germany that started some obscure war. i am fuzzy on the details but i think the story does not end in the total anihilation of the german people. seems like most of the germans weren't so nazi after all and once some bad people were killed (again, some, not all the population) things got back to normal and Nazi Germany became just Germany, home of nice cars and Oktoberfest.

"In Genesis God told Abraham that He would not bring the Israelites into Canaan because the Amorites had not gotten bad enough yet"
    are you kidding? god knew some people are on a slippery slope. and what does he do? he allows them to further slide into the botomless pit of doom and despair because he has some other barbarians that need their land? god plays favourites? god has not enough places for everyone to settle in? god only needs jews in his plan and scrw everyone else? repent? repent of what if nobody thaught them about god?

it would be like you abandoning your child in a brothel and drughouse then get offended if years later the child grew up to be a pimp, murderer and drug dealer.

that is all i have to say on the subject of wiping a civilization because at some point doesn't share your beliefs

are we talking about the same god? you see, this discussion has no point if you are freakin whorshiping the bastrd jerk from the outer hellish plane of doom and i am whorshipping jesus and his dad who are basically a very nice guys.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 16:04
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I use to wonder how you could say so many stupid and ignorant interpretations of the Bible in one day.

Then I realized the answer - you get up early.
    i am glad we ended this debate in a civilized manner.

nice debate. we shouldn't do this soon
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 17:24
    don't agree πŸ˜€
    in fact there are plenty examples after where god has no problem asking for the death penalty for even the smallest offences (by today standards)...

Which examples, for murder, would you cite?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 22:48
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Which examples, for murder, would you cite?
    here is some about sexual crimes. the punishment is death, given freely

Leviticus.
    20:9 “‘If anyone 17 curses his father and mother 18 he must be put to death. He has cursed his father and mother; his blood guilt is on himself. 19 20:10 If a man 20 commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, 21 both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. 20:11 If a man has sexual intercourse with his father’s wife, he has exposed his father’s nakedness. 22 Both of them must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves. 23 20:12 If a man has sexual intercourse with his daughter-in-law, both of them must be put to death. They have committed perversion; 24 their blood guilt is on themselves. 20:13 If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, 25 the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves. 20:14 If a man has sexual intercourse with both a woman and her mother, 26 it is lewdness. 27 Both he and they must be burned to death, 28 so there is no lewdness in your midst. 20:15 If a man has sexual intercourse 29 with any animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal. 20:16 If a woman approaches any animal to have sexual intercourse with it, 30 you must kill the woman, and the animal must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves.

24:17 “‘If a man beats any person to death, 28 he must be put to death. 24:18 One who beats an animal to death 29 must make restitution for it, life for life. 30 24:19 If a man inflicts an injury on 31 his fellow citizen, 32 just as he has done it must be done to him – 24:20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth – just as he inflicts an injury on another person 33 that same injury 34 must be inflicted on him. 24:21 One who beats an animal to death 35 must make restitution for it, but 36 one who beats a person to death must be put to death. 24:22 There will be one regulation 37 for you, whether a foreigner or a native citizen, for I am the Lord your God.’”
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 22:56
    Man!

I asked a simple question.

Is there anything impossible for God to do?

It's not a trick question you guys.

The obvious answer is no.

This forum has been hijacked.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 23:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    Man!

Can God do things that are logically impossible?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 01:30
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Can God do things that are [b]logically impossible?[/b]
    Yes.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 01:42
    here is some about sexual crimes. the punishment is death, given freely

Leviticus.
    20:9 “‘If anyone 17 curses his father and mother 18 he must be put to death. He has cursed his father and mother; his blood guilt is on himself. 19 20:10 If a man 20 commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, 21 both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to d ...[text shortened]... e regulation 37 for you, whether a foreigner or a native citizen, for I am the Lord your God.’”
    Those are laws, and not for murder. The Cain and Abel story is different in that instead of abiding by an already created codex, God is directly involved. You have not furnished "plenty examples" where God directly asks for death as retribution for murder.
  12. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 01:44
    Man!

You're wrong. You asked if there is anything that God cannot do except lie.

Your thread deserved to be hijacked, Spanky.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 02:51
    Originally posted by Badwater
    You're wrong. You asked if there is anything that God cannot do except lie.

Your thread deserved to be hijacked, Spanky.
    Whatever you say, goofy.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 06:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Can God do things that are logically impossible?

Yes.
    Then logically, your God does not exist. But I am sure you don't mind me saying that because you don't believe in a logical God. I'm sure he can even 'not exist' if he feels like it.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 06:43
    Whatever you say, goofy.
    πŸ™„ Oh, the irony!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree