1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 14:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No, it isn't between you and me, I get that. Sorry for being unclear on that. I'm eagerly waitng for any christian fundamentalist claiming that I'm wrong and he's right, yet not having enough faith of wanting to jump without a chute.

I think that a christian fundamentalist has stronger religious faith than I have faith in science. He has the strongest ...[text shortened]... igher probability to land safely on the ground. Doesn't this say something about religion?
    even if you are a fundamentalist christian, behaving like the friend is utter idiocy. one thing to believe in YEC(still stupid but, whatever) because it won't hurt anyone. but to believe that
    A God is real
    B God hears every prayer
    C God will go back on his view that mortal life is irrelevant and it is the afterlife that counts
    D God will decide to answer your prayer, when people are dieing in earthquakes, epidemics, wars, etc. to save you when a PHD that will cure cancer is dieing in a car accident or a 2 year old child is beaten to death by a drunk parent,

requires a special brand of sheer idiocy and selfishness.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 14:22
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    I'm a Christian, and I believe that if I jump out of an airplane without a parachute that there is a 99.99999999% chance (give or take) that I will die.

Every Christian physically dies at some point, whether by old-age or falling out of an airplane, or whatever.

I'm don't see the point of the posited hypothetical scenario. (I'm not saying there ...[text shortened]... talist Christians who don't think that they are going to physically die at some point?
    depends if the plane is flying or not 😀
  3. Joined
    14 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 02:44
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Good one. Or try this one.

Here is a verse in the NT about what to do when you are sick:

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
    15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins ...[text shortened]... e sick with oil.

I'll bet the first thing Christians do is to run to the doctor or call 911.
    I have actually done that and have felt better immediately. So has my wife. We also have many friends that have done that same thing and it has helped them as well.

As far as the original poster is concerned, I would have let you have the parachute without question.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 03:00
    Originally posted by stepnkev
    I have actually done that and have felt better immediately. So has my wife. We also have many friends that have done that same thing and it has helped them as well.

As far as the original poster is concerned, I would have let you have the parachute without question.
    I dont think that my post said that it does not work. Did it?
    What I said was that Christians dont normally do that, even though its recommended in the Bible.

So exactly what was your ailment/s if you dont mind telling?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree