A Serious Question: Why God made DNA

A Serious Question: Why God made DNA

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
09 Oct 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
If I may add my 2 cents, genetic mutations would not have occurred if not for the fall of man.

On the 2nd part to your question you assume that God "redesigned". No I don't agree with this. I would propose that another god(satan) corrupted God's original DNA after the fall. That is, indirectly. The bible calls this a "sin nature", which is not i ...[text shortened]... God's original design. Which is what separates man from God, and thus the need for a redeemer.
Satan is a God? I thought he was a fallen angel?

P-

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
09 Oct 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
You thought correctly...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Oct 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
09 Oct 05

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)
Methinks you are both right. Satan is a fallen angel who has become the god of this world.

god - in the sense that he is worshiped

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Oct 05

Originally posted by Halitose
Methinks you are both right. Satan is a fallen angel who has become the god of this world.

god - in the sense that he is worshiped
He also has power. Just watch CNN. Destruction, disaster, etc.

2 Cor 2:11
11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
(NKJ)

1Thes 2:18
18 Therefore we wanted to come to you-- even I, Paul, time and again-- but Satan hindered us.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:9
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
(NKJ)

P

Moves
09 Oct 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I have a question for the anti-evolutionists.

Do you agree with these premsises:

1) God designed animals
2) The presence of genes in the cells of animals is part of that design.
3) The sharing and pairing of DNA during reproduction is part of that design.
4) The possibility for imperfection during (3) is part of that design.

If you do ...[text shortened]... f his design?

If you do not agree with those, which ones do you think are incorrect?

Dr. S
Why God made Doctors?
Why question?
Why not accept that God is most Powerful, most Knowledgeable?

I tell ya why.. because alongside these genes, God made Man and planted
curiosity. Man is never satisfied. Man will digging till he finds himself in a
big grave that will close on him and all his questions.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
09 Oct 05

He also has power. Just watch CNN. Destruction, disaster, etc.

2 Cor 2:11
11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
(NKJ)

1Thes 2:18
18 Therefore we wanted to come to you-- even I, Paul, time and again-- but Satan hindered us.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:9
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
(NKJ)
Just watch CNN. Destruction, disaster, etc.

Natural disasters?

He also has power

He only has power over the human soul/spirit, if you give it to him.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
09 Oct 05

Then you missed the point of the exercise. Regardless of whether the evolutionists' claims about speciation refer to the past or future, and regardless of the amount or lack of evidence behind them, they can only defend and not contradict your belief in intelligent design, given your axioms. The more correct they are, the more support you have to believe in intelligent design.
No. A very good thread, Doc. People might call me arrogant, but I choose to believe that there is something more to mankind than mere mutational intellegence. I believe man was created above the animal, not from the animals.

z

Tsandi

Moves
10 Oct 05
1 edit

1) God designed animals

Dr. S
Interesting points there, especially the fact that imperfections occur.

But let me ask you this.

(1)Can those impereftions result in a new species. Say at a point in time before cats existed, and me and my chick have a major genetical mismatch could we give birth to a cat. Or rather, can a new species be created from that process. I mean the physical shape of any body, is chiefly determined by the layout of the genes. So if you changed the responsible genes (via mutation etc) for the shape of man and replaced them with the ones responsible for the cats shape, one would then have a man in the body of a cat???right.... naah wrong.
(2)When such an instance of a particular species is created via mutation, should that specie not be able to breed with it's parents, or siblings.
(3) Does it then not imply that all species should be able to breed amongst and with each other, since they had a common beginning.
(4) but that just is not the case. Maybe that's because it did not happen like that at all. Well maybe not, maybe it did happen like that, and then for some unknown reason "ALL" the mutated siblings could not mate with their parents, but only with each other, and hence become a new specie, and so it goes on and on, and for some reason they don't die off, because of a limited gene-pool, and neither do the parents. What do you say.

and anyways all mutations of new species will die out unless they meet with a similar mutant, who can actually have their kids, that is if they find each other. And we should be observing such things in todays world. where you would find a cow giving birth to say a bird or something. don't you think.

Anyways the reason we don't have that is, cause God ordained it in the garden where he said,

Genesis 1:11
"Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so."

Well today we have every seed(semen/ovum/seed) yields fruit according to its kind.
and have the species barriers, and every evolutionist must go around that.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
10 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by zombies

(1)Can those impereftions result in a new species. Say at a point in time before cats existed, and me and my chick have a major genetical mismatch could we give birth to a cat. Or rather, can a new species be created from that process. I mean the physical shape of any body, is chiefly determined by the layout of the genes. So if you changed the responsi ...[text shortened]... ey don't die off, because of a limited gene-pool, and neither do the parents. What do you say.
All of these are questions for biologists. I cannot answer any of them.

This thread is an exercise in logic, demonstrating that the creationist must find that the accuracy of evolution supports rather than contradicts his belief in intelligent design. This is true regardless of the answers to your questions.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
10 Oct 05
1 edit

1) God designed animals

Dr. S
I'm surprised that more people haven't shared their thoughts on this matter.

Did Halitose's and dj2's responses summarize everybody else's?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Oct 05

I'm surprised that more people haven't shared their thoughts on this matter.
Perhaps they view your gift with suspicion.