1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 07:46
    Astrology is a part of the christian religion.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 07:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Astrology is a part of the christian religion.
    Some believe that way. And they're wrong.
  3. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 10:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    And isn't it odd that with so much evidential truth available to discuss no one in this forum,(I'm speaking about the avowed atheists and naysayers) is willing to engage.

Could it be they are afraid of what they may learn?
    This made me laugh. I don't know whether the humour was intentional. 🙂
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 12:44
    And isn't it odd that with so much evidential truth available to discuss no one in this forum,(I'm speaking about the avowed atheists and naysayers) is willing to engage.

You can almost feel the collective eyes glazing over whenever such topics arise...
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 12:45
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    This made me laugh. I don't know whether the humour was intentional. 🙂
    People have a tendency to laugh in the face of the unknown. Kind of a defense mechanism of some sort.
  6. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 12:54
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    People have a tendency to laugh in the face of the unknown. Kind of a defense mechanism of some sort.
    They also have a tendancy to make up narratives. Kind of a coping mechanism of some sort.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 13:42
    Some believe that way. And they're wrong.
    So you don't believe in the star that led the wise guys to Belehem?
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 16:07
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Just the other day a rainbow led me to a pot of gold.
    That's interesting. Some guys from a collection agency said a rainbow led them to me.
  9. Maryland
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 21:44
    A star can lead you to a house, but a moon can get you arrested.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:53

In my case, once I saw the responses that the question gathered, I feared that further discussion was a waste of time. Even if I accepted the theory you posted, none of it tells me how three guys from a faraway land find a specific house.

Same goes for the 'dude, it's supernatural, and thus too trippy to explain' responses. Let's see you guys use that one next time a thread about Noah's flood comes up. For some reason, you're all too eager to explain that one in detail even though it was supernaturally caused.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 00:03
    They also have a tendancy to make up narratives. Kind of a coping mechanism of some sort.
    They further have a tendency to misspell things whilst attempting to make others appear less ed-u-ma-cated, thus allowing for a complete dismissal of their otherwise-compelling ideas.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 00:21
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    In my case, once I saw the responses that the question gathered, I feared that further discussion was a waste of time. Even if I accepted the theory you posted, none of it tells me how three guys from a faraway land find a [b]specific house.

Same goes for the 'dude, it's supernatural, and thus too trippy to explain' responses. Let's see you guys u ...[text shortened]... u're all too eager to explain that one in detail even though it was supernaturally caused.[/b]
    "In my case, once I saw the responses that the question gathered, I feared that further discussion was a waste of time. Even if I accepted the theory you posted, none of it tells me how three guys from a faraway land find a specific house."

I really do understand were you're coming from.

#1 There wasn't three wise men.

#2 I don't think a star led them to a house. The star could be something much more inclusive. Think of it in more rational terms. A contingent of some very educated individuals arrive in the region following an investigation into things we aren't even aware of. When they get into town as it were, a little more investigation leads them to where Joseph and Mary were. Probably up to nearly two years after Jesus' birth. They recognised the Messiah when they saw Him.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 07:46
    [b]"In my case, once I saw the responses that the question gathered, I feared that further discussion was a waste of time. Even if I accepted the theory you posted, none of it tells me how three guys from a faraway land find a specific house."

I really do understand were you're coming from.

#1 There wasn't three wise men.

#2 I don't think a star ...[text shortened]... up to nearly two years after Jesus' birth. They recognised the Messiah when they saw Him.[/b]
    #1 The number of wise men is really immaterial. Substitute "some" for "three" in my post - I'm fine with that.

#2 Yes, it's probably sensible to abandon the idea of a literal star. I just think it's funny how everyone tends to read that story and never once questions the idea that people are actually following a star to a specific house.
  14. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 10:22
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    They further have a tendency to misspell things whilst attempting to make others appear less ed-u-ma-cated, thus allowing for a complete dismissal of their otherwise-compelling ideas.
    Bah...if it weren't for you pesky kids I'd have gotten away with it...curses! 🙂
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 12:42
    Bah...if it weren't for you pesky kids I'd have gotten away with it...curses! 🙂
    And if Shaggy hadn't insisted on a snack, the whole gang would have missed it, too! Everyone back into the Mystery Van and let's get going to the next pointless thread!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree