Moves
    23 Jul '15 02:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberJerryH
    Hyperbole Happy
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 05:49
    I don't doubt that there are tragic ends. I do doubt that they are easily explained. Did this poor woman die because of a strict Hasidic Jewish upbringing? Did she die because of the loss of community that resulted with the rejection of her faith? Did she die because she had poor coping skills and couldn't find new community?

Did nature err in the creation of a mind that must reconcile the need to survive, nature's highest imperative, with the now clear, impossibility of survival? Is religion a step in our cultural evolution or are religion's roots older than man? Could it be an inheritance along with fire and part of our being even before our being?

For those, how many, that suffer in religion there are also many that find comfort and even joy. If you could take religion from all would you? Would humanity be better off? Religion is so universal, does this hint at some necessity?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 00:261 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree