1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 02:28
    As i sit here looking at the photograph of my favorite little tree i begin to think back of how this little piece of nature has grown so close to my heart in such a short space of time. I don't know what date it is, i can't recall the day, i know it's early December, or is it late November? What i can be sure of is the year and a vague location, it's the year 2010 and I'm somewhere on the foothills of the Himalaya in India. With one day to go i'm on the verge of completing a 10 day trek across the Himalaya that has seen me sitting just below the third highest peck on the planet, feeling like a God standing above a sea of clouds as the sun raises only to be thrown back down to earth in awe as i turn around to view the stunning unforgiving pecks of the Himalaya. I've witnessed water turn to ice in my hands while walking, thrown rocks at frozen lakes from high above, had arguments with a guide over wrong routes taken, shared a tent and a little piece of my soul with a young spiritual American woman. Cuddled up around camp fires at night, enjoyed dinners under candle light in freezing cold lodges, cursed the wind and thanked my blessings within minutes of each other, grown as a person, said hello to mountain goats and in general experienced things most will only ever get to dream about.

But here i sit, completely entranced by this little tree, in awe of its surroundings, this lone solitary tree on the edge of the campsite giving out a magnificently peaceful, majestic ora, completely engulfed by rugged terrain around it in all directions from the steep forested cliffs behind to the unforgiving but stunningly beautiful Himalaya in the background and the vast plains leading down to civilization in the distance. All alone in the world but giving me so much as i sit here reminiscing about the past 9 days of my life in the vast wilderness nature has given us to enjoy and gaining a growing sense of appreciation for the small things in life as i sit here contently staring at my little tree. Time has lost all meaning, i could've been here for 5 minutes, i could've been here for 5 hours, i don't know i'm trapped in another world controlled by this innocent looking little tree, a world that i never want to leave, blissfully engaged with my subconscious, drifting in and out from dream to reality, floating in the emptiness of space at one with my human, immortal self.

Where this tree has received it's mind blowing, mind controlling powers is unknown, it could be a combination of tiredness, this half empty bottle of rum sitting beside me which was almost full at the start of the day and from the emotions of an eventful, unforgettable journey coming close to an end or it could come from a deeper supernatural source. Is this tree my cave? Is the bird singing perched on it's branch my power animal? If i close my eyes and think of my precious tree and it's singing bird will my view of my place in the world become clearer? Will it help guide me, enlighten me, open new horizons and transform me? It's unclear but what is for certain as i sit in a trance is that this nonthreatening fragile little tree has captivated my imagination and entered my spirit never to be released for the rest of my short life inside this skin and i can only hope that my tree is still standing in mind, body and spirit on the foothills of the Himalaya enriching other peoples lives as they pass through during a potentially life altering expedition of the Himalayas.

http://api.photoshop.com/v1.0/accounts/e848f3c47e3646a7bdf391a922785f4f/assets/389675af890a48e19126a6619f9a1215/renditions/1024.jpg?md=1318988112000
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 02:35
    Sounds like a real treat , TrevπŸ™‚

Shows you have a sensitive side for the ladies too,eh?
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 03:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Sounds like a real treat , TrevπŸ™‚

Shows you have a sensitive side for the ladies too,eh?
    I didn't say romantic candle lit dinners... she's just a friend. I generally get along much better with woman that i do men. She was awesome though, we had met about 5 days before going on the trek and just hit off an instant friendship.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 06:24
    Originally posted by Trev33
    As i sit here looking at the photograph of my favorite little tree i begin to think back of how this little piece of nature has grown so close to my heart in such a short space of time. I don't know what date it is, i can't recall the day, i know it's early December, or is it late November? What i can be sure of is the year and a vague location, it's the year ...[text shortened]... 5f4f/assets/389675af890a48e19126a6619f9a1215/renditions/1024.jpg?md=1318988112000
    Hi Trev, interesting thoughts; I trust you don't feel an "idiot" for posting them here πŸ˜‰
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 06:551 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hi Trev, interesting thoughts; I trust you don't feel an "idiot" for posting them here πŸ˜‰
    Of course it's idiotic to discount all logic in the form of the half bottle of rum consumed plus the lank of energy after the previous 9 days and think a small tree has some sort of supernatural power that's controlling my mind but does that make me an idiot? πŸ˜‰

At least i know my god, erm i mean tree exists πŸ˜›

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree