27 Jun '13 15:09
    YouTube&NR=1&feature=endscreen

The Instructor
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 23:01
    No way I'm clicking on any link you offer, but I'll bet it doesn't describe Lilith's view.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 01:04
    Originally posted by apathist
    No way I'm clicking on any link you offer, but I'll bet it doesn't describe Lilith's view.
    I wonder if RJH even watched the thing all the way through. This woman in the video, with good credentials, acknowledges early on that she thinks the Garden of Eden story is figurative, not literal.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 02:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I wonder if RJH even watched the thing all the way through. This woman in the video, with good credentials, acknowledges early on that she thinks the Garden of Eden story is figurative, not literal.
    How do you know if RJH is even literal? Maybe everything he says is figurative and you just can't see it.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 05:26
    She puts forth this view as a justification of Eve's sin. She wants to take away any blame leveled at women for original sin. Yes, I did watch it all the we through, and since you are a women, I bet you like her viewpoint very well. Am I right?

The Instructor
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 05:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    She puts forth this view as a justification of Eve's sin. She wants to take away any blame leveled at women for original sin. Yes, I did watch it all the we through, and since you are a women, I bet you like her viewpoint very well. Am I right?

The Instructor
    I think this is called a set up.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 01:121 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    I think this is called a set up.
    I'm used to that from the JWs. They love to ask some innocent question and then when someone answers, they drop the other shoe and spring out, like, "AHA!" I've asked them repeatedly to just 'spit it out' but they persist in doing this.

To Ron, I didn't watch all the way through. I only watched about 1/4 of it, enough to wonder why you were espousing this woman's point of view when she clearly stated that she thought the story was figurative. Maybe I'll catch up when I get more time. The show did seem interesting on the face of it, and I wouldn't mind watching all of it.

Edit: I'm not all about making Eve blameless, much less all women. I'm not Eve, I'm not the one who believed in the lies of the serpent. And she's certainly not all women, so I think men who blame ALL women for original sin are throwing the cart before the horse. Make no mistake, I blame Satan for the fall of man, not Eve, and certainly not ALL women. That being said, I wouldn't have done what Eve did, but I'm also not as innocent as she was (before the fall).
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 03:14
    I'm used to that from the JWs. They love to ask some innocent question and then when someone answers, they drop the other shoe and spring out, like, "AHA!" I've asked them repeatedly to just 'spit it out' but they persist in doing this.

To Ron, I didn't watch all the way through. I only watched about 1/4 of it, enough to wonder why you were espousing ...[text shortened]... ve done what Eve did, but I'm also not as innocent as she was (before the fall).
    "Make no mistake, I blame Satan for the fall of man,.."

You would be mistaken Suzianne.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 16:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Make no mistake, I blame Satan for the fall of man,.."

You would be mistaken Suzianne.[/b]
    How so?

If you don't want to respond here, that's fine, I know what some here are like, you can PM me.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 17:101 edit
    Here's one woman's view of the Garden of Eden.

Mary E. McDonough. My favorite spiritual book by a Christian woman to date.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=2CEBEA
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 22:53
    Originally posted by sonship
    Here's one woman's view of the Garden of Eden.

Mary E. McDonough. My favorite spiritual book by a Christian woman to date.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=2CEBEA
    Can you check this link? It doesn't appear to be pointing to any specific book.

Not for me, anyways.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 01:211 edit
    Can you check this link? It doesn't appear to be pointing to any specific book.

Not for me, anyways.
    Sorry. Try this.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=10FDEC

If not go to www.ministryboks.org and search titles for God's Plan of Redemption By Mary E. McDonough.

You should be able to read some of it online. It is a book written for teachers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree