1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 12:17
    Do aborted babies go to Heaven or Hell ? Or is it Limbo from the old school Catholic belief ? If they go to Heaven then really what is the big deal ? Going straight to Heaven sounds much better then the earth experience .
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 13:15
    Originally posted by buckky
    Do aborted babies go to Heaven or Hell ? Or is it Limbo from the old school Catholic belief ? If they go to Heaven then really what is the big deal ? Going straight to Heaven sounds much better then the earth experience .
    its the classical problem "if good people go to heaven, lets just kill all the people and expedite their journey". which is not really a problem except that its insane.

life is a gift. an adventure. to deprive anyone of it is criminal. i submit also the idea that without living a full life, one cannot enjoy eternity.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 16:121 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    its the classical problem "if good people go to heaven, lets just kill all the people and expedite their journey". which is not really a problem except that its insane.

life is a gift. an adventure. to deprive anyone of it is criminal. i submit also the idea that without living a full life, one cannot enjoy eternity.
    So you think aborted or miscarried unborn babies are incapable of enjoying their eternity?

Edit: What exactly do you mean by a "full" life? If some kid gets killed in a car accident at age 6, that doesn't sound like a "full" life to me.
  4. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 16:59

Maybe there needs to be some refinement on the system if that is the case . Poor little babies spending eternity not really having a good time sounds mean spirited and in need of repair .
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 17:32
    Noone knows. Christians don't know, Vedic people don't know. Not even the Pope himself knows. Noone knows.
    Everyone who says he knows has just a vivid imagination.
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 17:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Noone knows. Christians don't know, Vedic people don't know. Not even the Pope himself knows. Noone knows.
    Everyone who says he knows has just a vivid imagination.
    I have the feeling we all are in thre dark on these issues. We have no idea if Heaven or Hell really exist. All we have are some Books that all claim to be the word of God and all differ from each other. One mans religion is another mans cult. My football team is the best football team mentality prevails on all issues spiritual .
  7. England
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 19:53
    if as i belive your soul goes back to god for judgement he and jesus never would send the inocent to hell. so i would have to say they go to heaven. and yes it would be good to go direct but then you would be sending the one who sends the child direct to hell
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 20:48
    Originally posted by stoker
    if as i belive your soul goes back to god for judgement he and jesus never would send the inocent to hell. so i would have to say they go to heaven. and yes it would be good to go direct but then you would be sending the one who sends the child direct to hell
    Let's say an abortion doctor repents and becomes a Christian. He stops doing abortions and is deeply sorry for the ones he has done. Would God forgive him of his sins and let him into heaven?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 20:52
    I have the feeling we all are in thre dark on these issues. We have no idea if Heaven or Hell really exist. All we have are some Books that all claim to be the word of God and all differ from each other. One mans religion is another mans cult. My football team is the best football team mentality prevails on all issues spiritual .
    That's right. Noone of us knows. We have opinions but that is all we have. Nothing to start war over.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 20:59
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    So you think aborted or miscarried unborn babies are incapable of enjoying their eternity?

Edit: What exactly do you mean by a "full" life? If some kid gets killed in a car accident at age 6, that doesn't sound like a "full" life to me.
    enjoy it how exactly? as a fetus? do they "grow" in the afterlife? to they go to heaven kindergarten?

i believe reincarnation might be a solution. some cases get a second chance at a full life. some believe you get more than one, that you reincarnate over and over until you get it right.

i dont subscribe to the "eternal damnation" part of christianity. and since i believe that this mortal life is a preparation for eternity in the company of god, its only fair that those that die young or unfulfilled be born again.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 21:37
    enjoy it how exactly? as a fetus? do they "grow" in the afterlife? to they go to heaven kindergarten?

i believe reincarnation might be a solution. some cases get a second chance at a full life. some believe you get more than one, that you reincarnate over and over until you get it right.

i dont subscribe to the "eternal damnation" part of chris ...[text shortened]... n the company of god, its only fair that those that die young or unfulfilled be born again.
    Well, since we're deciding to just believe whatever makes us feel good...

I'll just decide to believe that fetuses "grow" in the afterlife until they reach the prime of adulthood. But I don't like the idea of people growing TOO old in heaven, so I'll just decide to believe that everyone either grows up or reverts to their adult prime state in heaven. After all, we wouldn't want old people stuck in heaven limping along on their canes or scooting in a power chair. I don't like that idea, so I'll just decide not to believe it.

I also don't like the idea of crippled people, parapeligics, etc. in heaven. So I'll just decide to believe that God magically heals them, restores them to full functionality.

Why not? It makes about as much sense as reincarnation. In fact, I like my 'solution' better than yours. I just cut out all that wasted time living all those lives on miserable earth trying to 'get it right'.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 21:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 21:43
    Are you presenting a moral dilemma, a social injustice dilemma or just repeating what you heard in the playgoround that because s h l t happens [a] God can't exist?
  14. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Feb '12 23:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you presenting a moral dilemma, a social injustice dilemma or just repeating what you heard in the playgoround that because s h l t happens [a] God can't exist?
    Sorry but have no idea as to what you are talking about .
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 02:30
    Actually, they go in the dumpster behind Planned Parenthood. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree