1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 03:04
    Originally posted by whiterose
    Being a Libertarian, Democrat, Feminist, Gay, lesbian, liberal, or pagan does not preclude being a religious fundamentalist. So my theory that the majority of people (of course not every single one, there are always exceptions) that believe abortion at any stage is morally wrong are religious fundamentalists still stands.
    You forgot the Pro-Life atheists and the Pro-Life agnosts ..... does your theory, well in fact it is an assumption, still stands after you incorporated this notion into your theory ?

Wait a minute ... you changed your theory ..... Whiterose: "So my theory that the majority of people (of course not every single one, there are always exceptions) that believe abortion at any stage is morally wrong are religious fundamentalists still stands."

... the majority .... 😉
  2. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 08:32
    For those who think the world is overpopulated . . .

Assuming there are 6,525,170,264 people in the world (https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/print/xx.html)

and assuming that the area of Texas is 268,581 square miles

then there will be 24,294 (rounded from decimal) people per
    27,878,400 square feet which further simplifies to one person having about 1,147 square feet.

Now let's go to our toy globes and look at the size of Texas compared to the rest of the world.

Conclusion: Overpopulation is hysterical thinking. Just look at the facts.
  3. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 08:40
    So if you don't believe that life begins at conception, then where do you believe life begins and why?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 20:19
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    It is a fairy tale that the RCC does not allow birth control.

The RCC allows birth control, based on the natural infertile period of the woman. The Church objects to unnatural, artificial ways of birth control.
    Indeed. RC's are therefore, very good at limiting the size of their respective families, no? 😛
  5. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 10:01
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The Bible is very clear the life begins at birth, literally, 'away from the womb.'
    No. No. No WAY!!!!

That baby is still a baby once it is fertilied. Embryo, fetus... call it what you want, but it is still a baby. You cannot use the Bible as an excuse for murder.

Also, I think we souldn't have a birth control pill or abortion or anything of the sort. Sex should be done for one purpose and one purpose only. To make a baby. It should not be done when unmarried, this one the Bible says. That is called adultery. You're free to do it when married, but you should only do it if you plan to have a baby.

If everyone followed these simple guidelines, abortion would go down, adultery would go down, and murder would go down.
  6. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 10:05
    Originally posted by whiterose
    Because, in case you hadn't noticed, the planet is way overpopulated with humans at the moment.
    No it isn't. There are plenty of places to live. Much of the American West is unpopulated, as well as big parts of Greenland, Alaska, Russia, Canada, Africa, South America and Australia.
  7. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 10:11
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    For some things in life, there is no Reader's Digest version.
    If you can't tell us where it is in the Bible, Freaky, then don't use the Bible to back up your statments.
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 10:30
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    ....Sex should be done for one purpose and one purpose only. To make a baby. It should not be done when unmarried, this one the Bible says. That is called adultery............
    Two points

1) Adultery is defined as being sexual intercourse (or 'sexual relations' if you will) between a married person and someone other than their spouse. If you are unmarried, you cannot commit adultery other than with a married person.

2) If you think that sex has only one function then you are in for a rather bland existence. I take it you are not married......
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 16:091 edit
    If you can't tell us where it is in the Bible, Freaky, then don't use the Bible to back up your statments.
    If you are too lazy or otherwise disinclined to type in the number of a thread and read the biblically-supported treatment posted here a year ago, I don't know what else to do for ya. My bad.

EDIT: I hooked you up, yo.
  10. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 17:46
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    Two points

1) Adultery is defined as being sexual intercourse (or 'sexual relations' if you will) between a married person and someone other than their spouse. If you are unmarried, you cannot commit adultery other than with a married person.

2) If you think that sex has only one function then you are in for a rather bland existence. I take it you are not married......
    Actually, I was thinking that he's a homeschooled teenager.
  11. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 23:24
    Originally posted by reader1107
    Actually, I was thinking that he's a homeschooled teenager.
    .... even less contact with the 'big bad' than usual, you think?
  12. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 23:46
    Originally posted by eagleeye222001
    For those who think the world is overpopulated . . .

Assuming there are 6,525,170,264 people in the world (https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/print/xx.html)

and assuming that the area of Texas is 268,581 square miles

then there will be 24,294 (rounded from decimal) people per
    27,878,400 square feet which further simplifies to one ...[text shortened]... the world.

Conclusion: Overpopulation is hysterical thinking. Just look at the facts.
    Providing enough food to adequately feed every human being on earth throughout their lives is another matter.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 23:49
    Sex should be done for one purpose and one purpose only.
    The wise words of someone who has NEVER been laid.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 23:51
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Not just "religious fundamentalists" claim that human life begins at conception.

Atheists and agnosts: http://www.godlessprolifers.org/

Libertarians: http://www.l4l.org/

Democrats: http://www.democratsforlife.org/

Feminists: http://www.feministsforlife.org/

Gays and lesbians: http://www.plagal.org/

the liberal case against abortion: ...[text shortened]... ins is one of those people who advocate and promote this simplistic and silly dichotomy.
    Of course, "free will" is all well and good, except when it's a girl deciding something about her own body? Perhaps you also despise people who use antibiotics too?
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 23:53
    No it isn't. There are plenty of places to live. Much of the American West is unpopulated, as well as big parts of Greenland, Alaska, Russia, Canada, Africa, South America and Australia.
    Yes, all those places which are no good to live. Greenland is a big ice sheet, fyi, as is much of Alaska, Russia and Canada. Australia is the hottest, driest, flattest continent on the planet. Most of the "unpopulated" areas of the world are that way for a reason numbnuts, but hey, feel free to move to the middle of the Sahara any time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree