1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 11:26
    I'm curious about the aborted babies fate in the afterlife. Do they go to Heaven or Hell. Now if they go to Hell, I can see how it would be an outrage, but if they go to Heaven then no harm done right ? I would of loved to bypass the earth experience, and go directly to Heaven avoiding the stress of the physical world.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 11:391 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    I'm curious about the aborted babies fate in the afterlife. Do they go to Heaven or Hell. Now if they go to Hell, I can see how it would be an outrage, but if they go to Heaven then no harm done right ? I would of loved to bypass the earth experience, and go directly to Heaven avoiding the stress of the physical world.
    A far more important question is whether or not they ever develop any intellect and if so, how.

The concept of the soul is at the heart of most religions yet it doesn't really make any sense. Hence most religious people shy away from conversations about it.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 12:38
    They show up at the pearly gates and it just depends on whether its a convenient time for St. Peter to let them in. If not, then they are aborted a second time. 😛
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 18:01
    Great question!
    I'm a Christian man and I don't think all abortion is a sin or that it can be considered murder.
    King Davids first punishment from God for his murder of Uriah was that God killed King Davids new born child with Bathsheba. And since God is incapable of sin this makes certain that not all abortions are sin or murder.
    Also when God told the Israelite s to take the promise-land He told them to kill everything including those innocent little babies that never did anything wrong.
    If abortion was wrong in all cases God would have said round up all the little babies and raise them as your own and make them Israelite s.
    To I abortion is wrong is most cases, but not all.
    Your question really is do they have a soul or not being unborn. Well when God created Adam, Adam was formed by God but didn't become alive until God breathed the breath of life in Him which means to I until they start breathing on their own. But no one but God really knows when a soul enters a forming person. But there's no reason to test God if you're not sure.
    In cases of rape I know for a fact that God is not telling women they have to have a rapists baby no matter what unless God speaks very clearly to a women personally telling her this.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 18:12
    Well in the O.T. David talks about going to were his child is in the afterlife.

YouTube&feature=channel_video_title
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 18:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well in the O.T. David talks about going to were his child is in the afterlife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpyiw6vmHes&feature=channel_video_title
    The delusional concept of an afterlife makes religion very dangerous!
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 19:03
    Originally posted by 667joe
    The delusional concept of an afterlife makes religion very dangerous!
    The delusional concept of no afterlife makes all life worthless, meaningless and even more dangerous.
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 19:26
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    The delusional concept of no afterlife makes all life worthless, meaningless and even more dangerous.
    I would disagree with both of you.

The idea of no afterlife to me means that life is worth even more to me than it would be if I didn't believe in one in some respects.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 20:29
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I would disagree with both of you.

The idea of no afterlife to me means that life is worth even more to me than it would be if I didn't believe in one in some respects.
    Which is why the unbelief in God is responsible for more evil acts upon this planet than that of all of the believers put together. Man, in his limited world-view, actually thinks his unbelief of God sets him free to wreak whatever havoc he may think of to secure more earthly riches for himself. The man who is saved by the Grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ knows he has far more to look forward to than any mere earthly riches.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 20:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Which is why the unbelief in God is responsible for more evil acts upon this planet than that of all of the believers put together. Man, in his limited world-view, actually thinks his unbelief of God sets him free to wreak whatever havoc he may think of to secure more earthly riches for himself. The man who is saved by the Grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ knows he has far more to look forward to than any mere earthly riches.
    Which is why the unbelief in God is responsible for more evil acts upon this planet than that of all of the believers put together.

I've heard this poor argument before and it still sucks. Stalin was an atheist, but that doesn't mean that his atheism was the reason why he had people killed.

Man, in his limited world-view, actually thinks his unbelief of God sets him free to wreak whatever havoc he may think of to secure more earthly riches for himself.

Really? I don't think that at all. I don't believe in god and I don't think that sets me free to wreak any havoc at all. This is yet another canned argument that doesn't actually hold when you look at reality.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 21:13
    the problem arises when belief in god becomes belief in a human who claims is speaking for god

unspeakable horrors happened because the sheep could not distinguish between the will of god and a monster directing people for his own gain (or a madman)
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 21:17
    All evidence points to the contrary.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 22:17
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    All evidence points to the contrary.
    or rather the lack of it. i didn't hear of now evidence to disprove an afterlife. or several.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 23:48
    The Bible says they would go to the grave like all others who die. The bible also says very few humans go to heaven and a burning hell does not exist.
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 01:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The Bible says they would go to the grave like all others who die. The bible also says very few humans go to heaven and a burning hell does not exist.
    Sounds great !

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree