1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 07:571 edit
    Texas Pastor Electrocuted During Baptism
    Sunday, October 30, 2005

WACO, Texas — A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted inside his church Sunday morning after grabbing a microphone while partially submerged, a church employee said.

The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was standing in water up to his shoulder in a baptismal at University Baptist Church (search) when he was electrocuted, said Jamie Dudley, a church business administrator and wife of another pastor there.

Doctors in the congregation performed chest compressions for 40 minutes before Lake was taken to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center (search), Dudley said. Police said they weren't called and the hospital referred calls to the church.

The woman Lake was baptizing was not injured, Dudley said.

Pastors at University Baptist Church routinely use a microphone during baptisms, Dudley said.

"He was grabbing the microphone so everyone could hear," Dudley said. "It's the only way you can be loud enough."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173958,00.html
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 08:00
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Sunday, October 30, 2005

WACO, Texas — A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted inside his church Sunday morning after grabbing a microphone while partially submerged, a church employee said.

The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was standing in water up to his shoulder in a baptismal at University Baptist Churc ...[text shortened]... microphone so everyone could hear," Dudley said. "It's the only way you can be loud enough."
    You made that up.

Right?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 08:06
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    You made that up.

Right?
    Sorry, I forget the link and added it in an edit. It's Fox News, so it must be true.
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 08:12
    It's Fox News, so it must be true.
    🙄
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 08:40
    Wow.

In a follow up interview, god says "Oops! My bad. I was aiming for the strumpet."
  6. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 16:49
    Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was standing in water up to his shoulder in a baptismal at University Baptist Churc ...[text shortened]... 's the only way you can be loud enough."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173958,00.html
    I think he was Smote for not having a proper licence.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 16:53
    Obviously God hates a moron as much as the next supernatural being.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree