1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    17 Feb '17 18:23
    (Acts 17:31) Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”
    If God calls Jesus a man, who are we to say Jesus is God.
    also,
    If we are Christians, shouldn't we worship the God Jesus told his followers to worship?
    (John 20:17) Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to............. my God and your God.’”
    (John 17:26) I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
  2. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    17 Feb '17 20:29
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Acts 17:31) Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”
    If God calls Jesus a man, who are we to say Jesus is God.
    also,
    If we are Christians, shouldn't we worship the God Jesus told his followers to ...[text shortened]... ake it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
    Great post. Just here in a couple scriptures it clearly shows who Jesus is even by his own words.
    Like these few scriptures there are hundreds that show this same fact that Jesus is God's SON, not God but his SON.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    17 Feb '17 21:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Great post. Just here in a couple scriptures it clearly shows who Jesus is even by his own words.
    Like these few scriptures there are hundreds that show this same fact that Jesus is God's SON, not God but his SON.
    I love to use the Scriptures as they are so clear.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    (Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
    What a wonderful future to look forward to!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    17 Feb '17 21:501 edit
    Stroke me, stroke you, oh yeah...says who?
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    18 Feb '17 01:10
    Originally posted by roigam
    I love to use the Scriptures as they are so clear.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    (Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
    What a wonderful future to look forward to!
    Thanks, this week has been trying....
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    18 Feb '17 01:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Stroke me, stroke you, oh yeah...says who?
    Keep it clean, ok?
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    18 Feb '17 05:59
    John 5:18
    Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

    The Jews understood what Jesus meant. Why can't you?

    Isaiah 9:6
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

    Couldn't be clearer who Jesus is.

    Unless of course one reads a corrupt translation and is brainwashed by false doctrine.
  8. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8683
    18 Feb '17 12:221 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    I love to use the Scriptures as they are so clear.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    (Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
    What a wonderful future to look forward to!
    Those are wonderful promises. But your teachers are inserting into your instruction a rebellion which cries out to God -

    "We do not want this man to reign over us." (Luke 19:14)

    So a paradise earth you like.
    So a pleasant planet you like.
    So tears wiped away from man's eyes you like.
    All these benefits you like.

    But you have a revolt in your heart inspired by the same forces which had Christ crucified.


    " But his citizens hated him and sent an envoy after him, saying, We do not want this man to reign over us." (Luke 19:14)
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    18 Feb '17 20:25
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Keep it clean, ok?
    Eww. What are you thinking of?
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    21 Feb '17 00:401 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Stroke me, stroke you, oh yeah...says who?
    Yes, as Christians, according to the Bible:
    (Romans 1:12) or, rather, that we may have an interchange of encouragement by one another’s faith, both yours and mine.
    I love how clear and true the Bible is and how
    it directs us in the correct course if we read it and meditate on it.
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    21 Feb '17 00:44
    Also, needless to say, if we practice what we are directed to do.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    21 Feb '17 00:54
    Originally posted by sonship
    Those are wonderful promises. But your teachers are inserting into your instruction a rebellion which cries out to God -

    [b] "We do not want this man to reign over us." (Luke 19:14)


    So a paradise earth you like.
    So a pleasant planet you like.
    So tears wiped away from man's eyes you like.
    All these benefits you like.

    But you have a revolt ...[text shortened]... envoy after him, saying, We do not want this man to reign over us." (Luke 19:14) [/b] [/quote][/b]
    I guess this might be the feeling of a literal Jew.
    Spiritual Jews feel differently.
    They welcome the services of the High Priest Jesus Christ,
    even as the 1st Century Jews should have.
    They knew the promises and were expectig the Messiah yet they rejected him when he came.
    (John 1:11) He came to his own home, but his own people did not accept him.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    21 Feb '17 08:17
    Originally posted by roigam
    Yes, as Christians, according to the Bible:
    (Romans 1:12) or, rather, that we may have an interchange of encouragement by one another’s faith, both yours and mine.
    I love how clear and true the Bible is and how
    it directs us in the correct course if we read it and meditate on it.
    I find it two-curlingly nauseating when you JWs slobber of each other's posts, as though each of you posted something that the other hadn't already been told in your church or force fed by your religious organisation. You all do it.

    Wonderful post brother
    Thank you friend
    I love how you pull the true meaning out of scriptures
    It's what we do as holder of god's truth brother
    Yes brother we are truly blessed
    And awesome and beautiful
    Yes brother

    Etc, ad infinatum ad tedium ad nauseum
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    23 Feb '17 08:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I find it two-curlingly nauseating when you JWs slobber of each other's posts, as though each of you posted something that the other hadn't already been told in your church or force fed by your religious organisation. You all do it.

    Wonderful post brother
    Thank you friend
    I love how you pull the true meaning out of scriptures
    It's what we do as h ...[text shortened]... truly blessed
    And awesome and beautiful
    Yes brother

    Etc, ad infinatum ad tedium ad nauseum
    Well, the good side of this is they do show love for their Christian brothers, as Jesus told us to do. Some others here could take a lesson.

    The bad side of this is that they do not consider anyone except JWs to be Christian, which is not just nonbiblical, but anti-biblical at best.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    23 Feb '17 08:561 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, the good side of this is they do show love for their Christian brothers, as Jesus told us to do.
    Except @beauroberts.

    Remember how he was completely ignored by all of them after revealing that he had been shunned by his Kingdom Hall? And they called him a liar too. It was disgusting.

    Sorry, but I didn't not recognise the revolting sycophancy exhibited by them as being "brotherly love".
Back to Top