1. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 08:00
    When did Mr. Almighty decide to introduce racial variation into the world he created?

Back in the day when I was dying of boredom and being brainwashed in my local Sunday School, I remember being taught about Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Now, if my memory serves me correctly, they were both caucasian. Now following on the recent Creationist ideals that everyone's been discussing here recently, ie: there is no evolution, how come when I walk down my local high street I see a whole variety of different skin colours?

If we all come from Adam 'n' Eve gene pool, how did we devolp into such a wide array of racial variation when they were a white couple? When did the G-man darken people's skin, or change a culture's height (such as in the various pygmy cultures around the world)... cos I don't remember any of that in the good ol' Bible!

Is there a particular verse when God decide to mix things up a bit and create some variation in the world?

*** Please note, I am in no way trying to be racist in this post so I apologise if I have offended anyone. I'm simply using race as a discussion point for the thread ***
  2. London
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 08:06
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    When did Mr. Almighty decide to introduce racial variation into the world he created?

Back in the day when I was dying of boredom and being brainwashed in my local Sunday School, I remember being taught about Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Now, if my memory serves me correctly, they were both caucasian. Now following on the recent Creationist idea ...[text shortened]... ogise if I have offended anyone. I'm simply using race as a discussion point for the thread ***
    Natural process of evolution, of course.

After all, if all life on earth originated from unicellular organisms, what's hard about imagining racial diversity from a single set of parents?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 08:14

Back in the day when I was dying of boredom and being brainwashed in my local Sunday School, I remember being taught about Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Now, if my memory serves me correctly, they were both caucasian. Now following on the recent Creationist idea ...[text shortened]... ogise if I have offended anyone. I'm simply using race as a discussion point for the thread ***
    Ever heard of gene mutations?
  4. Joined
    08 Mar '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 08:17
    so going on your idea of adam and eve, where did incest come from since we're all related anyway? Also, how do you explain the evedence of evolution that historians have found? are thay all fakes then?
  5. Joined
    08 Mar '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 08:28
    the theory in adam and eve means evolution dosnt happen??
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 08:33
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Natural process of evolution, of course.

After all, if all life on earth originated from unicellular organisms, what's hard about imagining racial diversity from a single set of parents?
    Nothing at all if you follow the idea of evolution but that's not what I was asking. I was asking for a response from a Creatonist point of view, where no evolution is involved.
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 08:36
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Ever heard of gene mutations?
    Yeah, I've got all their albums and hits from the 80's 😉
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 08:45
    Originally posted by kenxstar
    so going on your idea of adam and eve, where did incest come from since we're all related anyway? Also, how do you explain the evedence of evolution that historians have found? are thay all fakes then?
    Check out the Nebraskan man, and you'll have a pretty good idea
  9. Joined
    09 Mar '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 10:481 edit
    The myth of adam and eve is one of the biggest lies of science. They are pretending that all humans share a common ancestor, but this has never been proven.

In reality noone has ever seen a new race evolve. It's just a big assumption. Fact is that there are no transitional fossils from one race to another in the fossil record.

The evolution of a new race would require an increase in information, something that is clearly impossible. It would also require beneficial mutations, but as we know from nuclear fallout, all mutations are harmful. The evolutionists just make up a just-so fairy tale about this so called "adam and eve". These evolutionists think that something as structured and defined as a race could come about by random chance! But do we look at a car and say it came about by chance??

A far better scientific explaination for races, and one that is getting more and more support from scientists, is that all races on Earth were created fully formed by an intelligent designer. Just because europeans look similar to asians doesn't mean they are related. It just means they were built by the same designer using the same blueprint.

</sarcasm>
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 11:022 edits
    Originally posted by PotatoError
    The myth of adam and eve is one of the biggest lies of science. They are pretending that all humans share a common ancestor, but this has never been proven.

In reality noone has ever seen a new race evolve. It's just a big assumpti ...[text shortened]... built by the same designer using the same blueprint.

</sarcasm>
    Races aren't species though, to get speciation wouldn't you need a much longer time frame than 100,000 years.
    some form of Lamarckian evolution seems to be at play .

If the research presently being done keeps supporting epigenetics it should lead to a theory of environmentally stimuled genome marker changes to add to random mutation as causes of speciation.
    and LaMarckian evolution would produce beneficial changes.
  11. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 11:10

In reality noone has ever seen a new race evolve. It's just a big assumption. Fact is that there are no transitional fossils from one race to another in the fossil record.

The evolution of a ...[text shortened]... ated. It just means they were built by the same designer using the same blueprint.

</sarcasm>
    When did Adam and Eve become Caucasian? Is that in Genesis somewhere, because I missed it.

(Surely you are thinking of depiction in art, and European art at that, which understandably follows classical rules about what constitutes beauty/divine design?)

Following the concept behind the theory of evolution, not only do we share a common ancestor with every other man on the planet, but also with every other living thing, so under that theory the we are all related.

However, I understand evolutionists are rathter old hat in scientific circles these days, so do try and keep up!!😉
  12. Joined
    09 Mar '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 12:05
    did you two miss my sarcasm tag?
  13. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 17:40
    This:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/first/gill.html

will take you to a forensic anthropologist who says that race is an important property.

There's a link there to the opposing view ie that race is merely superficial.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 17:54

The evolution of a ...[text shortened]... ated. It just means they were built by the same designer using the same blueprint.

</sarcasm>
    If you want to believe that we came a some confused "mixed-race" pair of humans, then go right ahead. God made me a pure bred, just like it says in the BuyBull "each to its own kind."
    </HELPING of sarcasm>

15. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 00:27

I think Adam was Swiss or maybe Italian and Eve was a Filipino. :0

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree