1. England
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 14:13
    first wife was................lilthe [if ive spelt it right] could someone out here give me the passage with this. Im told its the fact he never married eve as she came from him. but i can not recall the bible saying this but open to be corrected.
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 14:43
    Originally posted by stoker
    first wife was................lilthe [if ive spelt it right] could someone out here give me the passage with this. Im told its the fact he never married eve as she came from him. but i can not recall the bible saying this but open to be corrected.
    Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter. God created Adam, Adam and Eve begat all that in the passage that I fell asleep reading, and then bad stuff happened, and then Mohammed dictated the Final Word of God.
  3. England
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 14:45
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter. God created Adam, Adam and Eve begat all that in the passage that I fell asleep reading, and then bad stuff happened, and then Mohammed dictated the Final Word of God.
    it may not matter in the great passage of time but its bugging me.
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 14:46
    it may not matter in the great passage of time but its bugging me.
    I think that the story skips from the "begat" passage to Cain and Abel. The truth must lie in that begat passage, but I never bothered reading that.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 14:49
    I've heard that story about Lillith [spelling] too. But noone has given me any ref for it. I think there is some other book not implemented in the antalogy called the bible where the notion of Lillith can be found, but really I don't know.

Christian people have a tendency to invent things and stories.
  6. England
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 15:16
    I think that the story skips from the "begat" passage to Cain and Abel. The truth must lie in that begat passage, but I never bothered reading that.
    well i have and none comes to mind, that said maybe ive skipped thro it . so wondering if any one can save me reading the whole lot again. not so far tho.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 21:45
    well i have and none comes to mind, that said maybe ive skipped thro it . so wondering if any one can save me reading the whole lot again. not so far tho.
    Reading the passage right now. From what I can tell, Adam apparently reproduced asexually:

From Genesis: "And Adam lived a hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth ..."
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 22:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Christian people have a tendency to invent things and stories.
    As do you in stating this.
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 23:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As do you in stating this.
    No, he's right. The New Testament is filled with contradictions.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 05:22
    Indeed. Nothing before Mohammad amounts to much, eh?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 05:22
    So are you. So am I. So was Mohammad. So is life.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 06:07
    As far as I know Adam and Eve are often used as the perfect example of Gods idea of marriage. Just because they didn't hold a wedding ceremony or have a priest present does not change the fact that they were married - and this applies even if you take it as a parable. It would be rather careless of God to create Adam and Eve in such a way that they would be guaranteed to have sex outside marriage wouldn't it?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 07:20
    And let me guess..um....the koran isn't 😴
  14. England
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 09:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As far as I know Adam and Eve are often used as the perfect example of Gods idea of marriage. Just because they didn't hold a wedding ceremony or have a priest present does not change the fact that they were married - and this applies even if you take it as a parable. It would be rather careless of God to create Adam and Eve in such a way that they would be guaranteed to have sex outside marriage wouldn't it?
    its said that the fact she was from him [rib] that they were one always, and when she died he then married. as god was still a voice speaking to adam guess they were joined by the lord [as he spoke to cain asking were his brother was]. but you have a very questionable mind do you know were his wife llilith is mentioned.
  15. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 14:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    Indeed. Nothing before Mohammad amounts to much, eh?
    The Old Testament does. The New Testament ... although Jesus may have been a prophet, it's just blather. And Revelations is ridiculous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree