1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 02:04
    There may have been a thread on this topic 2-3 years ago, but anyway...

Originally posted by Pudgenik on another thread
    The bible is not complete. It can never be complete. It is a living book, and something that is living is always growing. If we think of the bible as the Word of God, as John states, then we know God never ends.

If I had a vision in which Jesus told me that he wanted to add some information to the existing bible, how would I go about getting the text that I wrote canonized? What would be the procedure?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 02:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    There may have been a thread on this topic 2-3 years ago, but anyway...

Originally posted by Pudgenik on another thread
    [b]The bible is not complete. It can never be complete. It is a living book, and something that is living is always growing. If we think of the bible as the Word of God, as John states, then we know God never ends.

If I had a ...[text shortened]... ible, how would I go about getting the text that I wrote canonized? What would be the procedure?[/b]
    Jaywill/Sonship can be of help.
    He is of the Council of God.
    Lucky guy.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 03:01
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    In the Catholic Church, you would start by talking with a local Bishop. And eventually it would go to a council. Basically if Jesus wants to add to the bible, it would get there.

Often, people have spiritual experiences. These are known as personal revelations. A good example for you to read would be those of a nun, St. Faustina.

How would the new text being canonized by the Catholic Church affect all the other Christians in the world?
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 03:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]In the Catholic Church, you would start by talking with a local Bishop. And eventually it would go to a council. Basically if Jesus wants to add to the bible, it would get there.

Often, people have spiritual experiences. These are known as personal revelations. A good example for you to read would be those of a nun, S ...[text shortened]... he new text being canonized by the Catholic Church affect all the other Christians in the world?
    Some would accept it, many would reject it only because it would be of catholic origin. I think it would take time for any church or any one for that matter to accept any new books or added to books.

During the Protestant Reformation, 7 books of the original bible were removed. In the Catholic church, the bible still contains those books, while in the Protestant they do not.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 03:23
    Some would accept it, many would reject it only because it would be of catholic origin. I think it would take time for any church or any one for that matter to accept any new books or added to books.

During the Protestant Reformation, 7 books of the original bible were removed. In the Catholic church, the bible still contains those books, while in the Protestant they do not.
    So Christians are able/permitted to reject books in the bible? How does that work with them being the subject of claims that they are divinely inspired?

Are there any that you reject?
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 03:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    So Christians are able/permitted to reject books in the bible? How does that work with them being the subject of claims that they are divinely inspired?

Are there any that you reject?
    I don't reject any of the books of the Bible. Nor do I claim to be a scholar. I read, study and ponder.

Anyone, not just Christians have free will, to accept or reject what is written. For myself, I like what is written, the Bible tells me that God doesn't judge a book by it's cover, meaning you and me. God looks at what is in our hearts.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 03:351 edit
    I don't reject any of the books of the Bible. Nor do I claim to be a scholar. I read, study and ponder.

Anyone, not just Christians have free will, to accept or reject what is written. For myself, I like what is written, the Bible tells me that God doesn't judge a book by it's cover, meaning you and me. God looks at what is in our hearts.
    How does Christians rejecting certain books of the bible work when there are claims that they are all divinely inspired?

I suppose what I am driving at is, is the "divinely inspired" status something negotiable between Christians?
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 03:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    How does Christians rejecting certain books of the bible work when there are claims that they are all divinely inspired?
    As I said before we all have free will. Just because you reject a book or all of the bible, won't stop God from loving you. Why they claim to be divinely inspired, who knows. I can't really answer the question.
    When anyone claims to be divinely inspired, including myself, I say take it with a grain of salt. Pay attention to the person and see if he/she bears good fruit. Be wary.

I can think of a few preachers that had large followings. They all claimed to be divinely inspired. Jim Baker, and there are others I can't think of by name. And it is amazing how badly people want these guys, even after they've been caught. Fools!!!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 04:03
    Why they claim [the bible] to be divinely inspired, who knows. I can't really answer the question.
    But surely everything [and its supernatural-related content in particular] rests squarely upon the claim that it is divinely inspired?
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 04:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    But surely everything [and its supernatural-related content in particular] rests squarely upon the claim that it is divinely inspired?
    Even the scripture warns us to be wary. In the Revelation's it talks of the anti-Christ. He has the power of the devil. "He will try to deceive even the elect".

Just because someone says they are divinely inspired doesn't mean it is true.

And if you are trying to thread this back to Revelations and John who wrote it, remember what I also wrote. If Jesus wants it in the bible it will get there. After all the Bible is Jesus - who is the Word of God.
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 04:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    That is why I said to take it with a grain of salt
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 04:24
    That is why I said to take it with a grain of salt
    Meaning, it probably isn't true to claim the bible is divinely inspired?

Is the claimed divinity of Jesus also 'negotiable' for you in this way?
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 04:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Meaning, it probably isn't true to claim the bible is divinely inspired?

Is the claimed divinity of Jesus also 'negotiable' for you in this way?
    You've taken what I said out of context. Or maybe I didn't explain myself. The grain of salt is for those who claim to be divinely inspired.

I met a man ounce who said he was a prophet of God. I said to him, "let us pray", he wanted nothing to do with it. My opinion, he was no prophet.

The Bible IS divinely inspired, and Jesus IS God.

You may not accept anything I say, that is fine. I am not here to convert you, only to plant seeds.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 04:41
    The Bible IS divinely inspired, and Jesus IS God.
    Were the seven books you say some Christians removed from the bible also "divinely inspired"?
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 04:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Were the seven books you say some Christians removed from the bible also "divinely inspired"?
    yes

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree