1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 00:50
    I just found out that Adi Da died back in November. What a weird and fascinating person he was.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 00:53
    Originally posted by buckky
    I just found out that Adi Da died back in November. What a weird and fascinating person he was.
    He apparently never died, but his divine presence departed from his body!
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 00:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He apparently never died, but his divine presence departed from his body!
    I hear they where hoping his body would not decay, and it would be another example of his divine nature, but he started to stink. So they buried him in a very sacred place. Are you famililar with Adi Da ? He was a very interesting character.
  4. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 01:04
    Ok so help me out here. He created some kind of eastern religion or philosophy, right? Is it kind of a combination of New Age and Hinduism or what?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 01:08
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Ok so help me out here. He created some kind of eastern religion or philosophy, right? Is it kind of a combination of New Age and Hinduism or what?
    i dont know anything about the dude, i just googled him, thats all. sounds as though he is into transcendental meditation, but don't quote me on it.
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 01:32
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Adi Da was born simply Franklin Jones. He changed his name every so often. He started out as Bubba Free John. Then went on to call himself simply Da. He studied with muktananda, and claims to have become enlightened in the early 1970's. He not only claimed enlightenment, he claimed to be the most enlightened person to ever have walked the earth. He's easy to chalk up as another scam untill you read his writings. He had a lot of heavy weight thinkers, thinking he just might be the real deal. Then he went sort of nut's in many way's. His story is one fascinating life.
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 05:36
    Originally posted by buckky
    Adi Da was born simply Franklin Jones. He changed his name every so often. He started out as Bubba Free John. Then went on to call himself simply Da. He studied with muktananda, and claims to have become enlightened in the early 1970's. He not only claimed enlightenment, he claimed to be the most enlightened person to ever have walked the earth. He's easy to ...[text shortened]... the real deal. Then he went sort of nut's in many way's. His story is one fascinating life.
    Another victim of too much LSD, sniffing glue, and snorting rectal suppositories. 🙄
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 05:41
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Another victim of too much LSD, sniffing glue, and snorting rectal suppositories. 🙄
    Is Jesus your favourite political philosopher? How about trying to earn a bit of respect for YOUR belief system by displaying just a modicum of respect for that of others. Sheesh. What a meanspirited, foul-minded little person you are - presumably because of your compensatory fixations. If you are God's messenger, as you incessantly assert, then God is a bumbling fool. Sorry. Had to be said.
  9. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 05:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is Jesus your favourite political philosopher? How about trying to earn a bit of respect for YOUR belief system by displaying just a modicum of respect for that of others. Sheesh. What a meanspirited, foul-minded little person you are - presumably because of your compensatory fixations. If you are God's messenger, as you incessantly assert, then God is a bumbling fool. Sorry. Had to be said.
    Why are concerned about my 'compensatory fixation'? Are you gay? And, if so, are the Village People your favorite singers/philosophers? Sorry, had to be asked.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 05:481 edit
    Why are concerned about my 'compensatory fixation'? Are you gay? And, if so, are the Village People your favorite singers/philosophers? Sorry, had to be asked.
    "Jesus" appears to have turned you into a rancorous, unfunny misanthrope. With this as the psycho-backdrop, every time you open your mouth about spiritual matters, you alienate people. If Satan were at work on these threads, this would be his mission too.
  11. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 05:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Jesus" appears to have turned you into a rancorous, unfunny misanthrope. With this as the psycho-backdrop, every time you open your mouth about spiritual matters, you alienate people. If Satan were at work on these threads, this would be his mission too.
    Every time you open your mouth.....well, never mind...you become a psycho-backpacker. Go take a hike!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 05:54
    Every time you open your mouth.....well, never mind...you become a psycho-backpacker. Go take a hike!
    See what I mean. You have 1. nastiness, and 2. duckspeak, and 3. a run-away-mentality. I am serious in my accusation. Do you see yourself as 'God's messenger'? If so, is your demeanour representative of the nature of God's contract with us if we choose to enter into it. I think not. If you are posing as His messenger, and yet driving souls away, how does that deviate from Satan's Modus Operandi?
  13. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 06:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    See what I mean. You have 1. nastiness, and 2. duckspeak, and 3. a run-away-mentality. I am serious in my accusation. Do you see yourself as 'God's messenger'? If so, is your demeanour representative of the nature of God's contract with us if we choose to enter into it. I think not. If you are posing as His messenger, and yet driving souls away, how does that deviate from Satan's Modus Operandi?
    I really would like an honest answer: Are you gay?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 06:05
    I really would like an honest answer: Are you gay?
    It seems I have to repeat the question I raised.

If you are posing as His messenger, and yet driving souls away, how does that deviate from Satan's Modus Operandi?

Can you prove that you've got the 'nod' from God and that you're not an infiltrator sent by Satan?
  15. Break-twitching
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 06:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    It seems I have to repeat the question I raised.

If you are posing as His messenger, and yet driving souls away, how does that deviate from Satan's Modus Operandi?

Can you prove that you've got the 'nod' from God and that you're not an infiltrator sent by Satan?
    I know that I am not gay, so God is pleased by that. Now, I am concerned about you. Are you gay? If so, I can help you overcome this malady.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree