This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 21:341 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    A lot of Americans, most of them religious, think abortion is black or white, with no 'grey' area. Like whodey, for example. I'm not one of them.

Disclaimer: Please note that I am not saying that divegeester is American. (Before I get jumped on.) I'm just saying, for what it's worth, that a lot of Americans are like that.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 21:491 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A poke in the eye of the free market, or a stand for common sense and morality?

French dating site taken to court for promoting adultery

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31936498
    This site "Gleeden" isn't even the most popular for this kind of activity.

I first thought this story had to be about the 'Ashley Madison' website.

On the American 'Ashley Madison' website, here is the fine print at the bottom of www.ashleymadison.com:

"Ashley Madison is the most famous name in infidelity and married dating. As seen on Hannity, Howard Stern, TIME, BusinessWeek, Sports Illustrated, Maxim, USA Today. Ashley Madison is the most recognized and reputable married dating company. Our Married Dating Services for Married individuals Work. Ashley Madison is the most successful website for finding an affair and cheating partners. Have an Affair today on Ashley Madison. Thousands of cheating wives and cheating husbands signup everyday looking for an affair. We are the most famous website for discreet encounters between married individuals. Married Dating has never been easier. With Our affair guarantee package we guarantee you will find the perfect affair partner. Sign up for Free today."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, sign up today and guarantee yourself a seat for the Decline of Western Civilization. Anarchists Welcome.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 22:03

5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 22:16
    Would you consider it acceptable if you partner had sex with another person behind your back? Your continued reluctance to address this question is noted.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 22:551 edit

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 23:06

8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 00:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne

On the American 'Ashley Madison' website, here is the fine print at the bottom of www.ashleymadison.com:

"Ashley Madison is the most famous name in infidelity and married dating. As seen on Hannity, How ...[text shortened]... oday and guarantee yourself a seat for the Decline of Western Civilization. Anarchists Welcome.
    I wouldn't blame anarchists for this. As far as they are concerned this is between the couple and the state should not get involved. Most of them, but not all - depending on the variety of anarchist, would look on the website with contempt.

I'm against these sites. People should be able to make, or not make, their own decisions without the propaganda of agencies, whose sole aim is to make a profit out of their behaviour, influencing them.

I think we broadly agree on this.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 05:182 edits
    Divegeester has had a word with himself (in the first person) and reports that he is disappointed with Duchess64's accusations of him embracing rigid morally absolutist precepts and clinging to a moralistic past (and presumably wishing for a more moralistic future) whilst being reactionary and ignorant of the legal background, oh, and of having poor reading comprehension. Divegeester explained to divegeester (with the intent of passing on these comments to duchess64), that duchess64's description of his/her calm and somewhat emotionally detatched behaviour in the scenario of his/her partner secretly having sex behind his/her back, is suggestive that Duchess64 is long out of the relationship saddle and probably needs to get out there a bit more and experience how real people feel and behave in committed relationships. Nevertheless divegeester accepts that there are always exceptional circumstances in relationships but holds that there are no exceptions to deliberate cheating and lying, which despite whatever kitchen sink drama Duchess64 pictures himself/herself in, remain exactly what they are; cheating and lying.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 05:24
    Go commit adultery and find out how many expensive legal teeth get sunk into your ass.
    The answer would be: none whatsoever. I would probably even be congratulated by my spouse.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 05:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne

"Ashley Madison is the most famous name in infidelity and married dating. As seen on Hannity, How ...[text shortened]... oday and guarantee yourself a seat for the Decline of Western Civilization. Anarchists Welcome.
    Certainly it's not the only one but I have no idea which is the most popular or more financially successful. It will be interesting to see how the French case develops. Without having clarity on which law is allegedly being transgressed it is difficult to predict an outcome. Either way I don't see how these sites support a more robust and healthier society.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 05:27
    Who here thinks adultery is morally acceptable?
    It depends on the circumstances. If it would cause pain to your partner, or be deceptive towards them, then I would consider it morally wrong.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 05:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The answer would be: none whatsoever. I would probably even be congratulated by my spouse.
    Sounds like she doesn't care what what you do, or feels you are incapable of it?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 05:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It depends on the circumstances. If it would cause pain to your partner, or be deceptive towards them, then I would consider it morally wrong.
    Does the other partner need to give their consent in your scenario?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 06:071 edit
    Sounds like she doesn't care what what you do, or feels you are incapable of it?
    We have been separated for over 10 years. We are still legally married though. My situation is not all that unusual. Getting a divorce is a lengthy legal process.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree