1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:472 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Please define 'spiritual life'.

As for the impact on me, obviously it would be enormous. I would probably only be able to spend a tiny fraction of it on myself, and I would keep some for my descendants, but the majority of it would probably be spent on either charitable projects or research projects that I am interested in. I am a big believer in educatio ...[text shortened]... te different. It is the sort of thing where it is really hard to accurately predict what I would do.
    twhitehead, the sole intent of this conversational [as opposed to argumentative debate] thread is to generate maximum light rather than heat with respect to the challenges involved in converting the universal human experience of pressure, adversity and prosperity into sustained human happiness. All beliefs known to man along with any personalized definitions of "spiritual life" are warmly welcome. Our collective honesty index will matter most in determining the success of the eventual outcome of this conversation. I'm quite pleased with the fact that this topic seems to have already struck a responsive chord with seasoned regulars on this spirituality forum.

By the way, paragraph two of the original post will focus on examples of pressure which may hold potential for becoming adversity; paragraph three will focus on meeting the many unanticipated challenges of unanticipated prosperity; and the final paragraph will focus on our individual insights and conclusions. Thanks for your request.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:52
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    twhitehead, the sole intent of this conversational [as opposed to argumentative debate] thread is to generate maximum light rather than the darkness of heat with respect to the challenges involved in converting the universal human experience of pressure, adversity and prosperity into sustained human happiness. All beliefs known to man along with any per ...[text shortened]... final paragraph will focus on our individual insights and conclusions. Thanks for your request.
    And the question remains unanswered. How many questions posed to you do you actually answer properly ?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 14:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    And the question remains unanswered. How many questions posed to you do you actually answer properly ?
    This thread provides an online vehicle for an open ended conversation; paragraph four will provide a format for insights and conclusions. Though I've provided the vehicle, all who contribute to this conversation are its drivers. Nobody sits on some real or imagined throne as self appointed answer guru and/or judge of questions asked. Hope this footnote clarifies the thread's format and purpose. Thanks.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 14:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 15:23
    [b]Adversity and Prosperity

Let's face facts. Unanticipated pressures are exerted on all of us by everyday events and people; it's what life does to us all. Adversity is what we allow those pressures to do to ourselves. Prosperity may or may not pose a similar challenge. Question: If you were to inherit one billion dollars from an anonymous source with no strings attached, in what ways would this windfall impact you and your spiritual life?[/b]
    My spiritual life is affected and impacted by the Word of God. Money, I suppose, can be a useful tool for impacting the spiritual lives of others by helping to publish the truth of God's Word the Bible. For example; right now Cuba needs a million Bibles. Five million dollars. If I spent five million dollars a day I could be rid of it in less than a year.

Other than that, if I had a billion dollars, I'd give it away as fast as I could before I spent too much of it on myself! 😉
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 15:291 edit
    Originally posted by josephw

Other than that, if I had a billion dollars, I'd give it away as fast as I could before I spent too much of it on myself! 😉[/b]
    You have my bank details right?

🙂
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 15:40
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually there were two questions.
    And what is 'spiritual life'?
    "...what is 'spiritual life'?"

Great question!

I believe that spiritual life is the life of Jesus Christ. His life is life, and without Him there is no life.

It's so simple.

2 Corinthians 11:3
    But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Believe and be saved to the only life there is.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 15:41
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

🙂
    Sure Ghost. Just send them over. I fix you right up! 😉
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 15:45
    Sure Ghost. Just send them over. I fix you right up! 😉
    Correction: '$ure Ghost. Just send them over. I fix you right up!'
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 16:02

Let's face facts. Unanticipated pressures are exerted on all of us by everyday events and people; it's what life does to us all. Adversity is what we allow those pressures to do to ourselves. Prosperity may or may not pose a similar challenge. Question: If you were to inherit one billion dollars from an anonymous source with no strings attached, in what ways would this windfall impact you and your spiritual life?[/b]
    In what ways would a windfall of one billion dollars impact you and your spiritual life?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 16:04
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

🙂
    You must be from Nigeria
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 17:161 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    In what ways would a windfall of one billion dollars impact you and your spiritual life?
    "... and the final paragraph will focus on our individual insights and conclusions." Thanks for respecting the thread's format integrity.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 17:17
    "... and the final paragraph will focus on our individual insights and conclusions." Thanks for respecting the thread's integrity.
    No, actually, I would like to know your answer to your own question.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 17:20

In my opinion, it depends on how strong your spiritual foundation is at the time you receive the money. If you have a strong faith, it would likely get stronger from all of the good deeds you would probably accomplish. However, if your faith is suffering, or if you are ignoring God....or worse, angry at God, you could end up in Vegas living on booze, drugs and hookers until it either kills you, or you are lucky enough to have some 'spiritual intervention' to give you the desire to regain some sort of spiritual life once again. At that point, if there is any money left, you would most likely start spending it in a much different way.

Just saying.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 18:57
    I believe that spiritual life is the life of Jesus Christ.
    So can we take it that anything that happens to you has virtually no impact on Jesus or 'spiritual life'? Or am I misunderstanding?
    Also, can we take it that the question is meaningless when addressed to anyone other than a Christian?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree