1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 21:522 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    So you send me off to read this article. Well, I gave it a quick read through. And some things are there I will comment on.

The tone is the usual YEC accusation of guilt by association. If you don't see it their way you are siding with atheists.

This sentence -

[quote] The Bible tells us very clearly that there was no death before sin from many These departed spirits are not angels and they probably DIED before Adam was created.
    I believe I have already went over this with you before. The demons are fallen angels like Satan, who is their leader. Satan possessed the physical body of a serpent to tempt Eve to sin and was the first angel ever to do such a thing. However, there is no record in the Holy Bible and no justification for any of these other speculations you are making. It does not matter how much sin there was before Adam's sin. According to scripture, it was because of Adam's sin, not Satan's, that death came into the world.

The Instructor
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 07:50
    Evidence for a young earth

YouTube

The Instructor
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 09:554 edits
    I believe I have already went over this with you before. The demons are fallen angels like Satan, who is their leader.

Yes. we already debated about this and I stand by demons being demons and fallen angels being fallen angels.

Satan possessed the physical body of a serpent to tempt Eve to sin and was the first angel ever to do such a thing.

That does not prove that demons are not a distinctly different class of being from a fallen angel. It may prove that what one being did is what other beings can do also.

However, there is no record in the Holy Bible and no justification for any of these other speculations you are making.

Yes there are. You were given some. And it is strange that you don't have a similar skepticism about a host of speculations you swallow wholesale about dinosaurs on the ark.

You have selective skepticism about people's speculation.

It does not matter how much sin there was before Adam's sin. According to scripture, it was because of Adam's sin, not Satan's, that death came into the world.

And "the world" must have some parameters on it because Adam was not the first created being to sin.

Before Adam sinned we have the sin of the Anointed Cherub in Ezekiel 28 -

"You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you." (Ezek. 28:15)

IF unrighteousness was found in this being that became Satan, then sin, sinning, and unrighteousness was somewhere. That somewhere must lie outside or previous to what Paul called "the world" in Romans 5:12.

You will respond that that sinning was in heaven. That is probably true, but the sphere and enfluence this deputy authority extended to realms beyond heaven. And some of the beings that followed him were probably on the earth and included in God's judging the earth to become waste and emptiness.

I don't think God exacted judgment on the earth for sins restricted to heaven. The SOURCE of the sinning may have been in heaven. The following rebellion caused judgment to fall upon the earth, the pre-adamic earth.

Anyway, the angels and the spirits were considered by the scribes and Pharisees as in two different classes -

" ... and some of the scribes and Pharisees party rose up and contended, saying, We find nothing evil in this man. And what if a spirit has spoken to him, or an angel ?" (Acts 23:9)

" a spirit, OR ... an angel"

And the Sadducees, the ancient modernists did not believe in angels or spirits -

"For the Sadducees say there is no resurrection, neither angel nor spirit; but the Pharisees confess both." (v. 8)

" angel, NOR ... spirit " And the Pharisees confess "both".

Whatever else we fault the scribes and Pharisees for, they understood from the Scriptures they had that there were angels and spirits.

We argued about it over a year ago, I know. I write this for the sake of other readers who may want make up their own minds about this.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 11:25
    The Young Age of the Earth

YouTube

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree