1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 22:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    Doesn't legitimize the behavior just because it's consensual.
    I was answering the question: "Should [paedophiles, necrophiliacs and those who practice bestiality] also be protected legally? If not, why not?" The answer is that there can be no "consent", so "no". I wasn't talking about whether it "legitimizes the behavior" to a religious, anti-homosexuality way of thinking.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 22:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    A moral code from an objective source as a guide for human development and sexual conduct. Behaviors beyond that code are morally wrong
    But isn't your opinion that such a moral code should be based on certain supernatural beliefs, and that such a source is in and of itself an objective one, simply a subjective opinion on your part?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 22:54
    Originally posted by sonship
    Yester-year homosexuality was classified as a mental illness. Experts then began to move it OUT of the classification of a mental illness. Maybe they were wrong. Maybe some will yet again change their minds. Maybe it should not have been re-classified as not a mental illness in the first place.
    Do you believe homosexuality is a mental illness and that this is a reason why homosexuals should continue to be discriminated against?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 22:58
    Will you accept an excuse from someone, who kicks or throws rocks at a person because they are homosexual - that the rock thrower was just doing what he knows he was BORN to do?
    How do people in a homosexual relationship harm the rock throwers in a way that is comparable to the harm that the rock throwers are seeking to do to the people in a homosexual relationship?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 00:38
    can you understand why people would want legitimacy through legal equality?

Yes. I think I can see why some would want to do as much as possible to get the law to stand behind them.

i mean you dont have to agree with what they do to understand why people would push for these rights.

I would like to look at Mr. ...[text shortened]...

[b]Marriage Anti-Defamation Alliance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5QOVtxFBpY[/b]
    i do not know about the company he works for, but to be devils advocate...

imagine a neo-nazi working in a jewish business who writes a book about auschwitz being a lie......im sure you would understand why they might sack him.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 02:27
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i do not know about the company he works for, but to be devils advocate...

imagine a neo-nazi working in a jewish business who writes a book about auschwitz being a lie......im sure you would understand why they might sack him.
    So you are totally unsympathetic to his experience ?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 13:48
    So you are totally unsympathetic to his experience ?
    i have sympathy for anybody who looses their job. ive had a chance to read up more on the case and id say (if his account is true, there is little evidence) then id say he was hard done to.

i cant see how this case is the fault of people wanting equal rights?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 17:171 edit
    How? I think the attraction for the opposite sex just simply gets stronger and stronger.

Beyond this simple layman's explanation seek the professional writings.
    If you deny this matter, go ahead and say you don't think it is true.

It must be something like the uncontrolled division of body cells can become a cancer. There are legitimate pha ...[text shortened]... ause they are homosexual - that the rock thrower was just doing what he knows he was BORN to do?
    I think a bigger concern might be just the basic intolerance of Christians and their wanting to banish homosexuals from their churches. Jesus did say to "love thy neighbor as thyself", and not "love thy neighbor as thyself, UNLESS they happen to be homosexual".

Don't you feel that a far better place for homosexuals would be WITHIN the church body than without?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '14 22:351 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think a bigger concern might be just the basic intolerance of Christians and their wanting to banish homosexuals from their churches. Jesus did say to "love thy neighbor as thyself", and not "love thy neighbor as thyself, UNLESS they happen to be homosexual".

Don't you feel that a far better place for homosexuals would be WITHIN the church body than without?

Yes if they like everyone else responding to the Gospel, seek Jesus as Lord and Savior and His dynamic salvation.

It is good for all sinners to respond to the Gospel that they may be born of God, justified, sanctified, transformed and conformed to the image of Christ, being built up as the corporate house of God for God's eternal purpose.

If our confidence is on some kind of self improvement or humanistic reform rather than on Christ's dynamic salvation, we may be afraid to let people come meet with the church.

Where I meet it is clear that there is no use to hang around unless you want more of Christ. This how the local church should be. If you want Christ and more of Christ you feel at home. It doesn't matter what your past life was. You come to be conformed to Christ FOR the building up of the church.

Our salvation is useful to God for His accomplishing His purpose to build up the "habitation of God in spirit" .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree