1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 22:42
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Language of accomodation is what is used when describing any human quality to God--- anthropomorphisms, if you will.

Man was gifted with emotions to assist in his approximation and relation to God's happiness (or, better: completeness) with Himself

And gifted with the faculty of reason (including logic) to assist in his approximation and relation to God's exquisitely ordered creation?[/b]
    And gifted with the faculty of reason (including logic) to assist in his approximation and relation to God's exquisitely ordered creation?
    I don't have a problem with that the way you worded it. Just keep in mind, just as emotions can as readily be a source of distraction as they can be a legitimate response to God, a man can reason in his own mind and come up with the absolute wrong conclusion. Like atheism, for instance.
  2. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 23:13
    [b]And gifted with the faculty of reason (including logic) to assist in his approximation and relation to God's exquisitely ordered creation?
    I don't have a problem with that the way you worded it. Just keep in mind, just as emotions can as readily be a source of distraction as they can be a legitimate response to God, a man can reason in his own mind and come up with the absolute wrong conclusion. Like atheism, for instance.[/b]
    Well it is good to be diametrically opposite and yet be able to communicate, since I think we have reached agreement there, (again apart from the atheism thing).
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 13:11
    God follows moral laws?

Angels are made of light.
    1. Sure God is not immoral.

2. Angels are not made of light, they are spiritual creatures otherwise we would be able to see them.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 15:31
    Originally posted by daniel58

2. Angels are not made of light, they are spiritual creatures otherwise we would be able to see them.
    No one said He was.

From the sound of it, I'd say you haven't read too much of that Bible up to this point.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 18:42
    [b]1. Sure God is not immoral.
    No one said He was.

From the sound of it, I'd say you haven't read too much of that Bible up to this point.[/b]
    No I have quoted it many times already you just can't come up with a sensible answer to counter mine.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 18:46
    No I have quoted it many times already you just can't come up with a sensible answer to counter mine.
    In your reading of the Bible, have you ever heard of an angel being seen by a member of the human race? If so, how is that possible?

If not, I stand by my assessment.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 18:50
    In your reading of the Bible, have you ever heard of an angel being seen by a member of the human race? If so, how is that possible?

If not, I stand by my assessment.
    God ALLOWS them to see them on SOME occasions but not at ALL times like when you see things you don't see them all the time, unless you are saying that you both see things and your guardian angel all the time.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 19:16
    God ALLOWS them to see them on SOME occasions but not at ALL times like when you see things you don't see them all the time, unless you are saying that you both see things and your guardian angel all the time.
    http://www.bible-teaching-about.com/angels.html

What could we possibly see, if not a physical manifestation? Anywhere you look in the Bible, they are seen as created beings, thus, right in line with what I said in the first place, i.e., they are part of creation.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 22:36
    http://www.bible-teaching-about.com/angels.html

What could we possibly see, if not a physical manifestation? Anywhere you look in the Bible, they are seen as created beings, thus, right in line with what I said in the first place, i.e., they are part of creation.
    I never said they weren't part of creation, I said they aren't part of PHYSICAL CREATION, but what about the rest of the time? Surely you're not saying you see them right now? They weren't given a body as we were otherwise how could they fly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree