1. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 23:49
    Originally posted by lioyank
    "It is the absence of belief in any gods."

Which is in itself a belief.

"EVERYONE is either a theist or an atheist."

That's the dumbest thing I've read from you on this forum.
    How is the absence of belief a belief?
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 23:50
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    How is the absence of belief a belief?
    Because you hold the proposition "There is insufficient evidence to accept that God exists" as being more likely true than false. To hold that a proposition is more likely true than false is to believe it.
  3. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 00:19
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Because you hold the proposition "There is insufficient evidence to accept that God exists" as being more likely true than false. To hold that a proposition is more likely true than false is to believe it.
    "There is insufficient evidence to accept that God exists"

I dont think you have to belief this to be an atheist.

Lets say there was evidence of gods existance. Then I could still be an atheist by not believing in his existence. this would not be any more absurd then a theist claiming god exists without having proof
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 02:50
    Originally posted by lioyank
    "It is the absence of belief in any gods."

Which is in itself a belief.

"EVERYONE is either a theist or an atheist."

That's the dumbest thing I've read from you on this forum.
    Were you born stupid, lioyank, or were you dropped on your friggin' head as a child? Let me go through this again, slowly, for retards like you:

1. Absence of belief is not a belief. It is the ABSENCE of belief. I think you can understand that distinction, but that you're being willfully stupid.

2. You are a theist or not a theist. If you are not a theist, then you are an atheist. It's that simple. Even an idiot like yourself should be able to understand. You don't have to agree with it, but you should be able to understand the concept.

If you can't add anything more intelligent than your previous post, then stick to the general forum why don't you?
  5. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 03:37
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Were you born stupid, lioyank, or were you dropped on your friggin' head as a child? Let me go through this again, slowly, for retards like you:

1. Absence of belief is not a belief. It is the ABSENCE of belief. I think you can understand that distinction, but that you're being willfully stupid.

2. You are a theist or not a theist. If you are not a ...[text shortened]... ything more intelligent than your previous post, then stick to the general forum why don't you?
    Derrr... I 'ont have ta stik to any forum f i dont want to. u 0's cant call us retaaarded. we not morons, we "mentally disabled". my speical docter told me that. get it strate, dummy.
  6. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 03:44
    Originally posted by rwingett

2. You are a theist or not a theist. If you are not a ...[text shortened]... ything more intelligent than your previous post, then stick to the general forum why don't you?
    i c that u like our president BUSH also. just like he says "ur either with us or aggaaainst us". i'm either a 0 or a believer in god. and i aint no 0, so i know there muuust be a god. theres no room in the middle. and anyone in the middle is a terrorist. persident BUSH and god knows i aint no terrorist. and god, he loves me. he loves u to. he waaants u to follow him. support BUSH and follow god to figght agaaainst them terrorists towel heads. cause yall gotta be with us. otherwiz, ur a terrorist. and i no BUSH 'll blow u up, yes he will.
  7. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    A weak atheist does not necessarily belief that he has had insufficient evidence but he KNOWS he has had insufficient evidence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree