1. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 07:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    To create beings that you know will never sin is, in fact, manipulation.
    Would free will exist in such a scenrio? I think not.
    But never sinning is not the requirement for getting into heaven. Only believing in Jesus is. So why doesn't God only make the people he knows will believe in him and get to heaven? Why make people he knows are destined for hell? Or is it a requirement for you free will that I exist?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 07:00
    Originally posted by telerion
    If an omniscient god did this, then it's worse than "careless." It's "calculated" and "cruel."
    I think we would demand it because it is just and fair, you pay for your
    own crimes. What is calculated or cruel about that?
    Kelly
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 08:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    What is not calculated and cruel about making someone pay for their own crimes? The only reasons why I support such a system within the human context are:
    1. I believe it is useful in behavior modification.
    2. Prison keeps the criminals off the streets.
    3. I can be cruel.

None of the above are good excuses for God.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 13:061 edit
    Kelly
    Because this god could have prevented the infinite suffering of any given sinner. If the choice were made available, any reasonable person would choose non-existence over hell. Of course, no one was given such a choice, nevertheless, your god would know that the sinner would prefer non-existence. Against these wishes, he creates future sinners for his own benefit. Now you can add selfish to cruel and calculated.

BTW holding your supposed perfect deity against a standard humans set for themselves is silly. He should outperform it easily. Oddly, he tends to do much worse than humans.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:14
    Kelly
    Actually, no one pays for their 'crimes' against God. The Lord Jesus Christ paid for all of those, each and every one.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:16
    Because this god could have prevented the infinite suffering of any given sinner. If the choice were made available, any reasonable person would choose non-existence over hell. Of course, no one was given such a choice, nevertheless, your god would know that the sinner would prefer non-existence. Against these wishes, he creates future sinners for his ow ...[text shortened]... selves is silly. He should outperform it easily. Oddly, he tends to do much worse than humans.
    That formula makes no sense whatsoever, as it eventually reveals God to be unfair--- perposterous and blasphemous. Everyone makes their own choice before God: their way or His. Those who make war against God by choosing their own way suffer the inevitable resulting loss.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:17
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Actually, no one pays for their 'crimes' against God. The Lord Jesus Christ paid for all of those, each and every one.
    Why did God make him do such a thing?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:21
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Why did God make him do such a thing?
    The Son chose to be the one who would execute the Father's plan. It might have been any one of them; this was determined in eternity past.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:253 edits
    The Son chose to be the one who would execute the Father's plan. It might have been any one of them; this was determined in eternity past.
    He didn't seem very anxious to in the Garden before His arrest. Why was it necessary for an angel to "strengthen him" according to Luke?

Also, he specifically said it was the will of his Father that he do so, not his. How do you explain this?

EDIT: Luke 22: 41 And he was parted from them about a stone's cast; and he kneeled down and prayed,

42 saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43 And there appeared unto him an angel from heaven, strengthening him.

AND

Matthew 26: 39 And he went forward a little, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass away from me: nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt.

40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

42 Again a second time he went away, and prayed, saying, My Father, if this cannot pass away, except I drink it, thy will be done.

AND

Mark 14: 35 And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass away from him.

36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; remove this cup from me: howbeit not what I will, but what thou wilt.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What is not calculated and cruel about making someone pay for their own crimes? The only reasons why I support such a system within the human context are:
    1. I believe it is useful in behavior modification.
    2. Prison keeps the criminals off the streets.
    3. I can be cruel.

None of the above are good excuses for God.
    What standard would you make God go by?
    Kelly
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:50
    That formula makes no sense whatsoever, as it eventually reveals God to be unfair

I assume this is a bit of your Freaky humor?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:511 edit
    Because this god could have prevented the infinite suffering of any given sinner. If the choice were made available, any reasonable person would choose non-existence over hell. Of course, no one was given such a choice, nevertheless, your god would know that the sinner would prefer non-existence. Against these wishes, he creates future sinners for his ow ...[text shortened]... selves is silly. He should outperform it easily. Oddly, he tends to do much worse than humans.
    Yes, this God could have done that! So could the sinner! This God
    warned the sinner and the sinner acted the way they wanted
    and got what the warning told them was going to happen. I'm still
    looking for the crime by God here. What the sinner wants does not
    come into play, we do not ask what punishment people would be
    willing to take after they commit a crime, we tell them before hand.
    We lay out here are the crimes, you do these this will happen to you,
    you do those that this will happen, the one committing the crime picks
    what they want to do wrong, once they do it, that is that when they are
    caught and convicted.
    Kelly
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:56
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    He didn't seem very anxious to in the Garden before His arrest. Why was it necessary for an angel to "strengthen him" according to Luke?

Also, he specifically said it was the will of his Father that he do so, not his. How do you explain this?

EDIT: Luke 22: 41 And he was parted from them about a stone's cast; and he kneeled down and pray ...[text shortened]... ossible unto thee; remove this cup from me: howbeit not what I will, but what thou wilt.
    [/b]
    The Lord Jesus Christ is the unique person of the universe, in that He is both fully God and fully man. The humanity of Christ is revealed in the Garden; in fact, if anything, the passages containing the Garden scene confirm that He was fully human. Only one fully clothed in flesh and blood would be so opposed to losing the same.

The key word, however, is "nonetheless..." or, as your version puts it "howbeit..."
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:56
    I may disagree with you here, I believe are all forgiven, but that does
    not mean that all will be, because you can reject God and reject the
    grace of God. If you reject such a great salvation what will become
    of you?
    Kelly
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:57
    [b]That formula makes no sense whatsoever, as it eventually reveals God to be unfair

I assume this is a bit of your Freaky humor?[/b]
    You know better than to expect anything humerous from me on this subject.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree