1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 18:23
    why didnt jesus travel more. if his job was to spread the word of god and christianity why didnt he put more effort into making sure everybody had a chance to hear him. why did he think it was only worth visiting less than 5% or the planet. were aboriginals not worthy of gods message. we are still finding tribes today that have had no outside contact before, is the church or god making sure the word is getting to them before the end of days, give them a fair enough chance to convert.
    with magical powers off his dad i cant see why he didnt pop over to the americas and to asia and africa and australasia and spread the good word,
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    why didnt jesus travel more. if his job was to spread the word of god and christianity why didnt he put more effort into making sure everybody had a chance to hear him. why did he think it was only worth visiting less than 5% or the planet. were aboriginals not worthy of gods message. we are still finding tribes today that have had no outside contact be ...[text shortened]... didnt pop over to the americas and to asia and africa and australasia and spread the good word,
    "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." -jesus

what did jesus think of the non-jews?

"It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." -jesus

apparently jesus didn't know the difference between the house of israel and the house of judea.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 06:26
    why didnt jesus travel more. if his job was to spread the word of god and christianity why didnt he put more effort into making sure everybody had a chance to hear him. why did he think it was only worth visiting less than 5% or the planet. were aboriginals not worthy of gods message. we are still finding tribes today that have had no outside contact be ...[text shortened]... didnt pop over to the americas and to asia and africa and australasia and spread the good word,
    When I was at school the RE teacher (a vicar ) informed us that the timing of the Messiah was no accident; it was at a time when communication throughout the civilised world was made easy thanks to the Roman Empire.

Even at the time I thought radio and tv would have made his job easier!
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 12:16
    I think you make a very good point here.
    This is surely a problem for those that literally believe that he was “ the son of God”.
    I noticed that no one here that literally believes this has yet attempted to explain away this. It would be interesting to see if any will or would this be one of those unsolvable problems they prefer to just ignore and pretend doesn't exist.
    Of course, this isn't a problem for everyone else -he was just a man.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 15:45
    i understand that public transportation was poor back then and it was long before cheap flights, but if you can walk on water then the worlds your oyster.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 16:392 edits
    Actually Christ was sent specifically to Israel,

(Matthew 15:24)  In answer he said: “I was not sent forth to any but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. . .

πŸ™‚
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 19:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

(Matthew 15:24)  In answer he said: “I was not sent forth to any but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. . .

πŸ™‚
    is that the general christian consensus or a jw take on things? why just the house of israel?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 20:09
    is that the general christian consensus or a jw take on things? why just the house of israel?
    They new the torah maybe more then others?
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 20:092 edits

πŸ™‚
    This doesn’t solve the problem; why would he be specifically be sent to send his message to people of Israel only?
    Why not the whole world? After all, wasn't his message supposed to be for everyone ?
    -if not, then surely you can excuse me and most people for ignoring his message as I and most people don't come from Israel. So why are you giving us his message that isn't supposed to be for us?
    -But, if the message is supposed to be for everyone, then, if he was also “the son of God”, he should have had both the clear motive and the power to send his message to everyone -so why didn't he? -that's the problem. If he could preform miracles then why not preform the miracle of making everyone hear his message? -what stopped him? -if you think it is correct to say he had the power of a god ( or IS a god? ) , what barrier would stop a god ( or him ) from talking to everyone?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 20:23
    please note Jehovah's witnesses did not author the Bible.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 20:40
    Originally posted by humy
    This doesn’t solve the problem; why would he be specifically be sent to send his message to people of Israel only?
    Why not the whole world? After all, wasn't his message supposed to be for everyone ?
    -if not, then surely you can excuse me and most people for ignoring his message as I and most people don't come from Israel. So why are you giving us h ...[text shortened]... a god ( or IS a god? ) , what barrier would stop a god ( or him ) from talking to everyone?
    Problem? where's the problem? The fact of the matter is that God had created an
    environment which should have been conducive to the accepting of the Messiah, the
    nation of Israel, after all, they had the Law and the prophets and had practised a
    type of worship which should have alerted them to many validating factors, this is
    simply not true of the pagan nations surrounding them at that time, the Greeks for
    example had no concept of a messiah, the Romans a pantheon of Gods.

You state that his message was universal, and it was, and Christ intimated that his
    followers would carry that message to the 'most distant parts of the earth', which
    they did, in fact it was so dynamic a teaching that Pliny the younger complained that
    it had invaded every village and province in the Roman empire making your
    assertion that it didn't reach everyone rather glaringly erroneous.

(John 14:12) . . ., He that exercises faith in me, that one also will do the works that I
    do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the
    Father. . .

Christ's time was limited, his disciples would carry the burden of the work of taking
    the message to the nations which they did, Christ detailing that the 'good news',
    would go out the the most distant parts of the earth,

(Acts 1:8) . . .but you will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon you, and
    you will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to
    the most distant part of the earth.”

So where's the problem, i dont see any, the teaching just happens to be in the most
    widely translated, widely distributed book in the entire history of humanity. It
    appears to me that Christians have played the flute, its not our fault if others refuse
    to dance, is it.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 20:402 edits
    please note Jehovah's witnesses did not author the Bible.
    Here is my problem with religions: A real god would not have to send one person to 'spread the word'. It could have just lined us up like magnets and said, Ok, here's the deal:

The fact there are about as many religions as there are people tells me no god was involved in ANY of them. They are ALL false, including Judaism, Islam, Christianity (AKA Paulism), Jehovah's witless, Scientology, Hindu's, Buddhists, the whole lot of them. Too many different faith's to be inspired by one god. Killing one another in the name of religion would not be an attribute of a real god.

And don't EVEN pull the 'you can't know the mind of god card'.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 20:471 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Here is my problem with religions: A real god would not have to send one person to 'spread the word'. It could have just lined us up like magnets and said, Ok, here's the deal:

The fact there are about as many religions as there are people tells me no god was involved in ANY of them. They are ALL false, including Judaism, Islam, Christianity (AKA Paulism ibute of a real god.

And don't EVEN pull the 'you can't know the mind of god card'.
    Actually, God could have sent angels, but he didn't, he has given the privilege to
    humans, imperfect humans, and he trusts them with that message, you cannot
    complain, the Bible just happens to be the most widely translated, widely distributed
    and widely available book in the history of humanity. In view of this, these concerns
    that you are voicing have literally no validation, have they? the teaching is there,
    available for anyone that wants to learn and apply it. Id just like to remind you that
    your opinions are a reflection of you, a product of your mind and may have little
    bearing on reality. Its Jehovahs Witnesses by the way, not witlesses πŸ™‚
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 20:57
    Actually, God could have sent angels, but he didn't, he has given the privilege to
    humans, imperfect humans, and he trusts them with that message, you cannot
    complain, the Bible just happens to be the most widely translated, widely distributed
    and widely available book in the history of humanity. In view of this, these concerns
    that you are ...[text shortened]... and may have little
    bearing on reality. Its Jehovahs Witnesses by the way, not witlesses πŸ™‚
    Ah, you caught that oneπŸ™‚ Just a little joke.... Here is my problem with the numbers racket of the bible. NOW it might be the most translated, most sold, etc., but back say 1500 years ago, you can be sure it was not and there is a priesthood just by coincidence as a go between from the illiterates and the "WORD" as given by the priests. Meanwhile there were many many other religions, say, in Australia, who for sure never heard the name of Jesus or any of that stuff till maybe 1600 or so, so a thousand years goes by, many generations live and die never hearing the name of your lord. And you are going to tell me they what, all go to hell because they never heard the WORD? or get some kind of bye because they didn't? You have your nose stuck in the middle of ONE religion and assume that is THE religion when in fact there are thousands, a lot of them totally at odds with one another. A real god would not have set things up like that. MUCH MUCH more likely to have been just the multiple independent inventions of creative men and women trying to hold their tribe together with nada, zip, nothing, in the way of godly inspiration.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 10:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, you caught that oneπŸ™‚ Just a little joke.... Here is my problem with the numbers racket of the bible. NOW it might be the most translated, most sold, etc., but back say 1500 years ago, you can be sure it was not and there is a priesthood just by coincidence as a go between from the illiterates and the "WORD" as given by the priests. Meanwhile there were ...[text shortened]... trying to hold their tribe together with nada, zip, nothing, in the way of godly inspiration.
    No they will be resurrected in the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous,
    and given an opportunity to learn about our God,

(Acts 24:15) . . .and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also
    entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the
    unrighteous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree