1. Jubilee
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:54
    Well, from a Christian ideology you have forever after you die. One=this life, infinity= the life to come. What fraction of infinity is one?

An Atheist, like yourself, does not believe in the infinity therefore the one is greater.

Different calculators=different results.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:56
    Is there a sense of duration in infinity?
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 20:10
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Is there a sense of duration in infinity?
    Yeah: it lasts forever.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 20:191 edit
    Originally posted by Rutherford7Mar1911
    Well, from a Christian ideology you have forever after you die. One=this life, infinity= the life to come. What fraction of infinity is one?
    Odd then that sonship in the other thread claimed that time could not be infinite. Seems you don't all agree on the theology.
    I have also found it impossible to get any straight answer from a theist as to what they mean by 'life to come' ie what is the soul.

An Atheist, like yourself, does not believe in the infinity therefore the one is greater.
    I don't get your logic here. Are you saying that to me, an ant is greater than God because I don't believe God exists? Greater in what sense?

Different calculators=different results.
    The word 'greater' is somewhat ambiguous as to what it is measuring, so yes, different measuring scales different results, I am less sure about calculators.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 21:001 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Odd then that sonship in the other thread claimed that time could not be infinite. Seems you don't all agree on the theology.
    I have also found it impossible to get any straight answer from a theist as to what they mean by 'life to come' ie what is the soul.

An Atheist, like yourself, does not believe in the infinity therefore the one is greater.[/ , so yes, different measuring scales different results, I am less sure about calculators.
    Here's your straight answer on the 'life that is to come.'

Technically, that life will be either life eternal or death eternal.
    For the believer, it is the former whereas for the unbeliever, it is the latter.
    One is communing with God forever.
    The other is allegorically gnashing his teeth at the knowledge of his own recalcitrance, the realization that he closed the door forever with him on the outside.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 21:41
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Alert: "God Needs Your Help!"

He Needs Your Help Finding Trees for the Spotted Owls to Hoot and Perch; Coaxing Young Trees to Take Root in Safe Habitats on Planet Earth; Your Money in Locating Sources of Energy to Burn; Keeping the Atmosphere Fit to Breathe, Ad Infinitium, Ad Nauseam, et al. Please do your part...[/b]
    Uh, I think this is backwards. We need God's help. ๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 01:52
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Uh, I think this is backwards. We need God's help. ๐Ÿ™‚
    If true, then why have many intelligent men and women since time began felt that God's needed their help?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 02:01
    If true, then why have many intelligent men and women since time began felt that God's needed their help?
    Arrogance. Vanity. Just to start.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 01:02
    Like who?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 02:38

Like who?
    Those with an IQ Above Room Temperature, CB, and of sound body and mind who have taken the decision to believe that Christianity falls short of their belief system expectations. Two family members and seven longtime friends (all who have listened thoughtfully to the Claims of Christ and yet have remained entrenched in that decision). God, Himself, is/always has been too much of a gentlemen to ever coerce their volitional free will; how could I possibly do less and still reflect the Mind of Christ in my contact with these people whom I continue to love dearly?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 16:31
    Those with an IQ Above Room Temperature, CB, and of sound body and mind who have taken the decision to believe that Christianity falls short of their belief system expectations. Two family members and seven longtime friends (all who have listened thoughtfully to the Claims of Christ and yet have remained entrenched in that decision). God, Himself, is/al ...[text shortened]... ll reflect the Mind of Christ in my contact with these people whom I continue to love dearly?
    Continue to pray for them and be an example as you are already doing, Love them.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 02:05
    Continue to pray for them and be an example as you are already doing, Love them.
    ^This.

And for their sake, leave the lines of communication open.

Assure them that they can always come talk with you about it.
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 05:13
    Those with an IQ Above Room Temperature,...
    Celsius or Fahrenheit?

We certainly aren't a Kelvin crowd. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 05:21
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Celsius or Fahrenheit?

We certainly aren't a Kelvin crowd. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    "We Report, You Decide."
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 22:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    ^This.

And for their sake, leave the lines of communication open.

Assure them that they can always come talk with you about it.
    Agreed, Jesus was friendly with Publicans and sinners, BTW, I don't think it means Re"Publicans...LOL....But seriously, my wife and I have an estranged daughter that we continued to pray for over the years. She is finally, in the last year begun to open up. We recently had dinner with her and her husband, but she would not speak to us for the last 20 or so years. I won't get in to specifics but we always kept the lines of communication open. At least from our end. She was young and strong willed at the time, and I think she is beginning to wise up to that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree