1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 10:38
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Seek and find; the Way that finds Itself?

I would like to read any stories you think might go with this thread.
    So you want stories!

According to the rabbis there was first the Torah before the creation of the World -the Torah of the Void, the Invisible Torah. It was not a written book but the Living Spirit (and methinks Christianity used this idea and called it Logos). In the Torah is included all that could be, would be, will be and was, and all these things are mind-only. Some said that the Torah of the Void is the primordial pattern/ the content of the mind (the dreams!) of the Creator -so Plato was talking about archetypes/ ideas and the Eastern theists about “divine dreaming”.
    Actually the Torah of the Void is not a book, it was called “book” because it contained Knowledge -and the most pieces of information regarding this Knowledge you could get the most power you would achieve. So the rabbis knew that Knowledge is Power -Knowledge, not mambo-jumbo.

Today we understand Knowledge solely as a product of science, of philosophy and of the evaluation of the mind -everything else is a delusion. These three tools remain the agent that helps us to recover the language of the Torah of the Void; the language in which the Torah of the Void is written is mind-only, and one acquires facility in this language by means of her/ his pure conceptual and non conceptual awareness
    😵
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 14:16
    And the flip side

At the other hemisphere, many centuries after the concept of the Torah of the Void, the twelfth day of the fifth month of the second year of Shoho, Musashi clarified at his Go Rin No Sho that “…the spirit of the Void is where is nothing. It is not included in mans’ knowledge. The Void is emptiness. By knowing things that exist you can know that which does not exist. This is the Void. People look at things mistakenly and think that what they do not understand must be the Void. This is not the Void. It is confusion.”

Musashi is amongst else the founder of Ni Ten Ichi Ryu and he describes the essence of the meditation required in order to master this technique as following:
    -- “To attain the Way of strategy as a warrior you must study fully other martial arts and not deviate even a little from the Way of the warrior. With your spirit settled, accumulate practice day by day, and hour by hour. Polish the twofold spirit heart and mind, and sharpen the twofold gaze perception and sight. When your spirit is not clouded, when the clouds of confusion clear away, there is the true Void… Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense and, taking the Void as the Way, you will see the Way as Void.
    (...) In the Void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence; Principle has existence; the Way has existence; spirit is emptiness.”
    😵
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 17:58
    Seek and find; the Way that finds Itself?

I would like to read any stories you think might go with this thread.
    Here’s one:

Rabbi Ismael bar Jose visited Rabbi Simeon ben Jose ben Lekonya. The host handed him a cup of wine which he swallowed in a single gulp. Rabbi Simeon smiled and said: “It seems that you do not agree with the opinion that he who drinks a cup in one swallow is a drunkard.”

Rabbi Ishmael answered: “The opinion does not apply to your wine, which is sweet; to your cup, which is small; and to a man like myself, who am stout.”

—Babylonian Talmud, Pesahim, 86 (quoted in Lous I. Newman, The Talmudic Anthology: Tales and teachings of the Rabbis).
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 18:00
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Thanks to our science and our philosophy of our era we are able to understand Ein/ Ein Sof/ Ein Sof Haur as the mind-only field of potentialities that is "unknown" to the observer universe due to the lack of its manifestation to the physical world. Now, since this element of reality is indefinite for any observer, it can take any possible value which is ...[text shortened]... e unable to give this specific shape to their thoughts altough their intuition stroke nine😵
    That’s why the Oral Torah is ongoing and dynamic, and not fixed in the Talmuds and Midrashim…
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 19:18
    Originally posted by vistesd
    That’s why the Oral Torah is ongoing and dynamic, and not fixed in the Talmuds and Midrashim…
    Oh yes😵
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 19:26
    And this story -case nr. 10 in the Mu Mun Kwan- is well known:

Cheong Sae approached master Chosan and said, "Master! This monk is poor and destitute. Please help me!"
    Chosan snapped on the spot:
    -- "Cheong Sae!"
    -- "Yes sir!", replied instantly the monk.
    And Chosan said:
    -- "It is as if you have already drunk three bottles of the best vintage wine in China, and yet act as if you have not even wet your lips"
    😵
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:12
    And this story -case nr. 10 in the Mu Mun Kwan- is well known:

Cheong Sae approached master Chosan and said, "Master! This monk is poor and destitute. Please help me!"
    Chosan snapped on the spot:
    -- "Cheong Sae!"
    -- "Yes sir!", replied instantly the monk.
    And Chosan said:
    -- "It is as if you have already drunk three bottles of the best vintage wine in China, and yet act as if you have not even wet your lips"
    😵
    Yeah: I thought about it when you posted that case elsewhere (I also have it). It hits home: I am Cheong Sae.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:23
    Yeah: I thought about it when you posted that case elsewhere (I also have it). It hits home: I am Cheong Sae.
    Let's enjoy
    This Wine
    To the hilt😵
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:24
    Before the avalanche
    Overcomes our
    power
    😵
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:42
    Before the avalanche
    Overcomes our
    power
    😵
    Absolutely! 🙂
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 06:34
    I am learning to see. Why, I cannot say, but all things enter more deeply into me; nor do the impressions remain at the level where they used to cease. There is a place within me of which I knew nothing. Now all things tend that way. I do not know what happens there. The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge (Rilke).
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 06:49
    I am learning to see. Why, I cannot say, but all things enter more deeply into me; nor do the impressions remain at the level where they used to cease. There is a place within me of which I knew nothing. Now all things tend that way. I do not know what happens there. The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge (Rilke).
    "All things enter more deeply into me whenever the World 1 and my World 2 are melting; then out of the World 3 arises the mind-only synthesis -my aletheia- that sends dualism
    down
    the
    drain"

From "Black Beetle Collapses the Wavefunction" 😵
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 07:35
    Yes. All I can say is that there is a part of me that still resists that. When that part gets the upper hand, I have to (as I said) “retreat and regroup”.

One of these days I’m going to call on you and blackbeetle for another exploration of kabbalah. That, along with talmid torah generally (from a non-dualistic perspective), seems to be what move me toward that Rilkean deep more than any other approach (even Zen). Perhaps (perversely) that is why I have been resisting it for the last year…

Quite frankly, among friends, I’ve been struggling the last year—both spiritually and intellectually. On my last venture on here (RHP), I don’t even know where I was coming from half the time. Maybe I’ve been in San Juan de la Cruz’s “dark night”. Floundering. Hopefully, finding my footing a bit again…

‘Nuff said,,,
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 08:17
    Yes. All I can say is that there is a part of me that still resists that. When that part gets the upper hand, I have to (as I said) “retreat and regroup”.

One of these days I’m going to call on you and blackbeetle for another exploration of kabbalah. That, along with talmid torah generally (from a non-dualistic perspective), seems to be what m ...[text shortened]... ruz’s “dark night”. Floundering. Hopefully, finding my footing a bit again…

‘Nuff said,,,
    Oh Exploration -I here wait😵

The Wave vistesd
    comes from the Lake
    The Wave vistesd
    is determined by mind
    Empty cognizance in grips with vistesds' samsaric maximalist intentionality!
    😵
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 07:46

Quite frankly, among friends, I’ve been struggling the last year—both spiritually and intellectually. On my last venture on here (RHP), I don’t even know where I was coming from half the time. Maybe I’ve been in San Juan de la Cruz’s “dark night”. Floundering. Hopefully, finding my footing a bit again…

‘Nuff said,,,
    no father, no son
    whom to give thanks to?

Don't you find kabbalah and amor fati odd consorts?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree