1. halifax
    Moves
    03 May '08 19:11
    Did God drive a flying saucer?

Another civilization advanced only 1000 or 10,000 years ahead of us may appear 'magical'. Even 100 years ago no one could imagine cell phones communicating thousands of miles in an instant, computer networks, jumbo jets travelling 500 miles an hour etc.

Maybe ancient peoples thought there were several 'Gods'. makes you wonder...
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 May '08 07:48
    Originally posted by rlbatez
    Did God drive a flying saucer?

Another civilization advanced only 1000 or 10,000 years ahead of us may appear 'magical'. Even 100 years ago no one could imagine cell phones communicating thousands of miles in an instant, computer networks, jumbo jets travelling 500 miles an hour etc.

Maybe ancient peoples thought there were several 'Gods'. makes you wonder...
    According to the Book of Ezekiel, God indeed flies in a spaceship.
    Wagonwheels spinning with lights on the side.
    And an altar inside.
    And of course Ezekiel arose into the heavens in a fiery chariot with the face of a lion.
    The most important thing to remember is to carefully avoid letting facts interfere with archaic religious beliefs.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 May '08 06:36
    Originally posted by rlbatez
    Even 100 years ago no one could imagine cell phones communicating thousands of miles in an instant, computer networks, jumbo jets travelling 500 miles an hour etc.
    But they could and did imagine us doing a whole lot of wonderful things which we have not managed to do. In fact I suspect an forward thinking person from 100 years ago would be very disappointed if he saw us today. And no, I doubt he would think anything we do is magic.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 May '08 07:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But they could and did imagine us doing a whole lot of wonderful things which we have not managed to do. In fact I suspect an forward thinking person from 100 years ago would be very disappointed if he saw us today. And no, I doubt he would think anything we do is magic.
    i still don't have a flying car. and don't get me started on clean reusable energy

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree