ALL MEN, Not some, Not Christians Only ... ALL

ALL MEN, Not some, Not Christians Only ... ALL

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Dec 21
2 edits

Contrary to what many Christians post here, the bible states that the free gift of eternal life came upon ALL, the whole world, all are justified and saved by the death of Christ,

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. (Romans 5:18 KJV)

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (Hebrews 2:9 KJV)

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:22 KJV)

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.(1 John 2:2 KJV)

The faith of the Christian does not nullify the work of Christ in saving the nonChristians and the rest of the world. The Christian, if and only if, he lives righteously, has a hope of eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Christians only are in the privileged position of reigning with Christ as kings of priests.

The good works of the nonChristian is not going to go unnoticed either. Jesus saves and gives eternal life to all who keep the commandments, and live righteously - Jews or Gentiles, Christian or non Christian, makes no difference. They are all saved, justified and offered the free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

" . . . shepherd the church of God, which He obtained with His own blood." (Acts 20:28)

So Rajk999 holds that the entire human race throughout all time is the church - the assembly.

It is no wonder that he so dislikes the word "church" because to him there is no distinction between the whole world and the church.

This is a Universalism that seeks to overthrow that out from all people Christ died for an assembly of called out saved people. To be sure the multitude of the saved Revelation 7 says was of a number no one could number.

"After these things I saw, and behold, there was a great multitude which no one could number out of every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes and palm branches in their hands." (Rev. 7:9)

Granted, the number saved "OUT OF" every culture is a huge number no one could number. But is it all the human race? You may hope so. But in the scene of eternity we see OUTSIDE of the city are those in the lake of fire.

"Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter by the gate into the city.

OUTSIDE . . . are the dogs and the sorcerers and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and makes a lie." (Rev. 22:14,15)

These are only some representative sins. The list is not exhaustive but representative. They must be those whose names were not found written in the Lamb's book of life.

"And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:14,15)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21
3 edits

I think Rajk999 would believe that there is no being outside the holy city because all human race that has ever lived is within her.

"Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter by the gate into the city.

Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and makes a lie." (Rev. 22:14,15)

But if there is no one excluded from the holy city then there is no one to be outside. They would not exist.

But Revelation closes with a warning that a point of no return is reached. What you are is where you will continue to be.
So we need God's salvation to conform us to the image of Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

And those refusing salvation continue as the damaged sin filled and condemned lost. The choice to remain has been their choice.

"Let him who does unrighteousness do unrighteousness still; and let him who is filthy be filthy still; and let him who is righteous do righteousness still; and let him who is holy be holy still." (Rev. 22:11)

Perhaps I misunderstand this verse. Yet I don't misunderstand that the glimpse into the eternal age does not show that there is no one outside of the realm of God's full salvation. And the glimpse into the age following the great white throne judgment is that only those whose names were written in the Lamb's book of life are the partakers of the eternal blessings.

"But the cowardly and the unbelieving and the abominable and murderers and fornicators and sorcerers and idolaters and all the false, their part will be in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." (Rev. 21:8)

The list of sins is only representative and not exhaustive.
We all need salvation in Jesus Christ for every sin - from its guilt and from its power.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21
2 edits

@Rajk999

The faith of the Christian does not nullify the work of Christ in saving the nonChristians and the rest of the world.

This still does not show Universal salvation such that none have their names not written in the book of life.

The Christian, if and only if, he lives righteously, has a hope of eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Christians only are in the privileged position of reigning with Christ as kings of priests.

I see what you are saying. But it is not enough to portray that there is NO ONE whose names are not written in the book of life (Rev. 20:15). That is unless Rev. 20:15 is just God faking it, bluffing mankind.

"And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:15)

Unless you think God KNOWS good and well that no one will partake of that fate, we should believe it is not fake. But it is a real warning.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

The good works of the nonChristian is not going to go unnoticed either. Jesus saves and gives eternal life to all who keep the commandments, and live righteously - Jews or Gentiles, Christian or non Christian, makes no difference. They are all saved, justified and offered the free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.

Do you think this is enough to believe that there is NO ONE for whom Rev. 20:15 will not be the case?

"And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire."

There is making the way too narrow as one error.
There is making the way have no restriction as another error.

"For this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins." (Matt. 26:28)

Jesus said in the Last Supper that this was His blood of the covenant poured out for "many". Not all will receive the new covenant. They cannot be forced to be where they do not want to be.

Given that, surely, there are expected to be some surprises because God is omniscient and knows all the details. We cannot possibly know all as God knows.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Dec 21

@sonship

Why do you try to destroy threads with multiple posting. (5 in a row here).

Why are you physically unable to control yourself and debate responsibly?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

Spirituality
Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

Sometimes I debate and sometimes I do "general discussion."

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Dec 21

@sonship said
Spirituality
Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

Witness Lee called those outside the Local Church "wandering stars." And the destiny of these "wandering stars" is "the blackness of darkness forever."

Do you agree with Witness Lee that only his followers will be saved?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Dec 21

@sonship said
Posting 5+ times in a row isn't discussion. It's an arrogant and self indulgent monologue.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I don't normally seek the advice and coaching of the village atheist on how I should talk about God. Sorry.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Dec 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I don't normally seek the advice and coaching of the village atheist on how I should talk about God. Sorry.
Sure. But Witness Lee called those outside the Local Church "wandering stars." And the destiny of these "wandering stars" is "the blackness of darkness forever."

Do you agree with Witness Lee that only his followers will be saved?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Did you read what I said?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21
1 edit

Taken from www.spherdingwords.org.
For more reading on our attitude towards Christians not meeting as local churches, here are some highlights of articles. [my bolding]

Our Attitude Toward Other Christians and Their Work Part 1: Maintaining the Oneness With Fellow Believers
Published on October 26, 2020 by admin
This three-part article will address the relationship between those who meet in the local churches and fellow believers, the denominations and free groups to which they may belong, and their work. If we are not clear in these matters, we may be influenced by accusations that those in the recovery divide themselves from other Christians. […]

Our Attitude Toward Other Christians and Their Work Part 2: The Vision of the Lord’s Recovery Being Contrary to Today’s Christianity
In the first article of this series we saw the imperative of preserving the oneness of the Body of Christ and avoiding divisiveness on our part at all costs. Our attitude toward other believers, including those who do not meet with us in the local churches, should be one of acceptance and inclusion. For the […]

Our Attitude Toward Other Christians and Their Work Part 3: Not Entangling the Work of the Lord’s Recovery with Others’ Work

See https://shepherdingwords.com/tag/christianity/

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Dec 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Did you read what I said?

No. You consult with a charlatan and copy and paste his words here, often without citing your source.