1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 07:14
    If you can can't trust the entire Bible how can you trust any of it?

DIve, Rajk, TOO...
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 07:201 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker

DIve, Rajk, TOO...
    Great question.

There are “red letter Christians” who don’t trust anything in the Bible but the words Jesus Christ said, apparently not realizing that the Apostles and their associates who wrote the Gospels have to be trusted as well to have recorded what He said accurately.

They’ll not trust Gospel writers’ Resurrection accounts but will trust those same Gospel writers to have accurately written down what Jesus said.

🙄
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 07:22
    When we find ourselves out of balance and under stress, we humans tend to exhibit 'All or nothing' behavior. This behavior exacerbates any feelings of anxiety and heightens our belief that this is a pressing situation, if not an emergency. When events are going well we have the ability to stabilize and stay in our Adult self. This is the part of us that can assess and respond to situations calmly and reasonably. Our Adult self is also able to self-sooth and to assess what is a priority, what can wait and what doesn’t matter in the least.

However, when we allow ourselves to become unbalanced, stressed or threatened, either by a situation, by other people or, indeed, by the stories we tell ourselves about what is happening, then we can flip into our Parent self or Child self. None of these parts are unwelcome, it is just that in times of stress or emergency we need to be wholly in Adult. When we use Child thinking to tackle problems we often exacerbate their importance and cause ourselves anxiety. The same happens when we use Parent behaviors which can be rule-bound and over-anxious, causing us to become unfocused or to use inappropriate strategies to tackle a situation.

These inappropriate behaviors and beliefs are fueled by what are known as Drivers in Transactional Analysis. There are five drivers and depending on your upbringing you will tend to favor one or two that either helped you defend yourself as a child or that were exhibited to you by adults as the preferred behaviors to use.'

www.psychologytoday.com
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 07:24
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    When we find ourselves out of balance and under stress, we humans tend to exhibit 'All or nothing' behavior. This behavior exacerbates any feelings of anxiety and heightens our belief that this is a pressing situation, if not an emergency. When events are going well we have the ability to stabilize and stay in our Adult self. This is the part of us ...[text shortened]... were exhibited to you by adults as the preferred behaviors to use.'

www.psychologytoday.com
    Sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo psychobabble to me.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 07:28
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    It's interesting that the 3 stooges aren't allowed to respond to any of our posts directly. Did miss A forbid them and tape their mouths closed I wonder?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 07:41
    It's interesting that the 3 stooges aren't allowed to respond to any of our posts directly. Did miss A forbid them and tape their mouths closed I wonder?
    Heartpence has an intense dislike of Miss Alawat ever since he overheard her call him “that crazy nutjob” as he walked by the teachers’ lounge.

tiger may be in trouble with Miss A for inappropriate staring. You know Miss A’s his first crush.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 09:28
    I was about to respond ... then i saw your post. If you are interested in serious discussion be serious.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 11:39
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Maybe that's because it is like a lot of mumbo jumbo psychobabble to you..
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 11:41
    Originally posted by @js357
    Maybe that's because it is like a lot of mumbo jumbo psychobabble to you..
    I must admit, I do have a quiet chuckle to myself when a theist accuses others of mumbo jumbo.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 11:43

DIve, Rajk, TOO...
    If you can't trust the entirety of the writings of Einstein, how can you trust any of it?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 11:46
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    If you can't trust the entirety of the writings of Einstein, how can you trust any of it?
    You’re comparing the Bible to Einstein? Can one assume you don’t believe the Bible is the Word of God and that the men who wrote it were under the guidance and inspiration of God’s Holy Spirit?
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 12:29

DIve, Rajk, TOO...
    "If you can can't trust the entire Bible how can you trust any of it."

That fifn't work. Let's try again.

You can check parts of it for credibility?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 13:26
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Einstien himself didn't trust all of his writings. He said the invention of a cosmological constant was the biggest mistake of his life.

What Einstein called his worst mistake, scientists are now depending on to help explain the universe. In 1917, Albert Einstein inserted a term called the cosmological constant into his theory of general relativity to force the equations to predict a stationary universe in keeping with physicists' thinking at the time.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 13:291 edit
    Learning to trust the Bible fully can be a gradual process.
    In my case it did not occur in one initial moment.

That trust accumulated gradually.
    Possibly it is still an on going matter.

Personally then, I don't demand that full trust be instantaneous and complete from the onset to others.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 13:46
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I was about to respond ... then i saw your post. If you are interested in serious discussion be serious.
    If you are interested in a serious discussion feel free to respond.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree