1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 19:221 edit
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Jesus spoke Aramaic. Maybe you're referring to Exodus, in which case you're right about Hebrew. The New Testament was written in Greek mostly.

The Bible doesn't make sense?
    Who says anything about Jesus here? Wasn't it god himself who answered who said "I am who I am" to answer Mose on his question "Who are you?". Jeses didn't live this time. Go read Exocus 3:14 and you will see for yourself.

What god said was "ehje asher ahje", according to the bible, and that's hebrew. Most likely it wasn't even god who said it, in reality, but some unknown wonderer...

In this case, from your viewpoint, I can surely see that the bible didn't make sense to you. Jeses, contemporary to Mose? 🙂

And no, the bible doesn't make sense, neither does Nostradamus scriptures, but they are as much intrerpretable.
  2. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 23:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Who says anything about Jesus here? Wasn't it god himself who answered who said "I am who I am" to answer Mose on his question "Who are you?". Jeses didn't live this time. Go read Exocus 3:14 and you will see for yourself.

What god said was "ehje asher ahje", according to the bible, and that's hebrew. Most likely it wasn't even god who said it, in real ...[text shortened]... ake sense, neither does Nostradamus scriptures, but they are as much intrerpretable.
    Yes I understand that that line is in Exodus spoken by God in a burning bush to Moses! I knew that. I think I said that you were referring to Exodus in my last post! Yes I know Jesus didn't live during this time! But Jesus did say the line "before Abraham ever was I am" Look it up! That's the line I'm referring to! Yes the Bible makes perfect sense to me and for you to say otherwise is insulting.
  3. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 23:51
    Jesus spoke Aramaic. Maybe you're referring to Exodus, in which case you're right about Hebrew. The New Testament was written in Greek mostly.

The Bible doesn't make sense?
    Not to the spiritually dead.
  4. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 03:061 edit
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Not to the spiritually dead.
    Apparently not. I cannot understand those people.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 05:20
    Yes the Bible makes perfect sense to me and for you to say otherwise is insulting.
    You can have that opinion, that's allright. We have freedom of religion.
    How can my opinion, of the bible not making sense, be insulting to you?
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 05:441 edit
    You can have that opinion, that's allright. We have freedom of religion.
    How can my opinion, of the bible not making sense, be insulting to you?
    Because in your last post (see below) you said that clearly the Bible doesn't make sense to me! ...which is insulting because it does make sense to me.

"In this case, from your viewpoint, I can surely see that the bible didn't make sense to you. Jesus, contemporary to Mose?"
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 05:47
    Because in your last post (see below) you said that clearly the Bible doesn't make sense to me! ...which is insulting because it does make sense to me.

"In this case, from your viewpoint, I can surely see that the bible didn't make sense to you. Jesus, contemporary to Mose?"
    I'm insulted because logic doesn't make sense to you.

Nemesio
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 09:33
    Dear chappy1 and Nemesio, you react in a similar way, having the same feeling of being inulted by me saying that the bible doesn't make any sense.

Have you in any time in your life sensed that your beliefs are making other people feel insulted by your views? How about your view of the holy quaran are insulting by muslems? Or your opinion that unchristian people are going to hell? Isn't that insulting?

My thoughts of the bible is making no sense, like the genisis, and other passages, does insult you? But this is religion! I cannot share all beliefs of every religion of the world, like you cannot do. So if you feel insulted by my remarks of the senseless bible, then your faith or self esteem must be low. Sorry, you have to work with this.

The bible make sense to you? That's alright with me. We have freedom of religion. You can believe whatever you want to. And I hope you let me believe whatever I chose to believe in, agreed?

And, btw, I know you know that Mose and Jesus never lived in the same time. This was a misunderstanding from your side. Not important, I won't hold this against you.
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 15:18
    Dear chappy1 and Nemesio, you react in a similar way, having the same feeling of being inulted by me saying that the bible doesn't make any sense.

Have you in any time in your life sensed that your beliefs are making other people feel insulted by your views? How about your view of the holy quaran are insulting by muslems? Or your opinion that unchristi ...[text shortened]... e. This was a misunderstanding from your side. Not important, I won't hold this against you.
    Er, I was not the slightest bit serious. I was using parody to illustrate how stupid it is to be insulted
    if someone merely disagrees with you. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

Nemesio
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 15:23
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Er, I was not the slightest bit serious. I was using parody to illustrate how stupid it is to be insulted
    if someone merely disagrees with you. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

Nemesio
    Sorry, I didn't catch the parody. Perhaps even chappy1 was using parody... Sorry.

But still, christian people feel often insulted by others commenting their bible, but they, without hesitation, comment of other peoples holy Quaran. And vice versa. To me they send a message: "Treat our belifs with respect - not as we treat other beliefs." And this without any parody at all.
  11. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 15:23
    I'm insulted because logic doesn't make sense to you.

Nemesio
    Logic makes perfect sense to me.
  12. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 15:25
    Sorry, I didn't catch the parody. Perhaps even chappy1 was using parody... Sorry.

But still, christian people feel often insulted by others commenting their bible, but they, without hesitation, comment of other peoples holy Quaran. And vice versa. To me they send a message: "Treat our belifs with respect - not as we treat other beliefs." And this without any parody at all.
    Just out of curiosity, how much of the Bible have you read?
  13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 15:25
    Logic makes perfect sense to me.
    I'm insulted that you would say that.

Nemesio
  14. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 15:26
    I'm insulted that you would say that.

Nemesio
    Why?
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 15:32
    Why?
    Because you believe it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree