1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 06:47
    Well, I will pick all three religions all at once. I just want to see how all faiths are all alike. I am currently a freethinker but well I am not sure what I am.๐Ÿ˜›
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 09:36
    Originally posted by Vernon Falls
    Well, I will pick all three religions all at once. I just want to see how all faiths are all alike. I am currently a freethinker but well I am not sure what I am.๐Ÿ˜›
    You are an atheist. Its a label commonly applied to people who do not believe in the existence of a God. You clearly fit the description.

To be honestly considered a member of any of the three major monotheistic religions, you have to believe in the God described. Since each of the three Gods would accuse you of blasphemy and other quite serious sins for joining one of the other religions, you almost certainly do not in fact believe in the existence of the Gods.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 09:47
    what religions? because there are more than just three.
    will you believe in Manitou, Zeus and Satan?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 22:51
    "...I am not sure what I am."

You're lost is what you are. In the Biblical sense that is.

If you really want to be a free thinker, then what you need is Jesus.

"If the son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed,"
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '08 09:401 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"...I am not sure what I am."

"If the son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed,"[/b]
    Of course Achmed might say it a bit differently.
    Moshe might have something to say about that too.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '08 09:50

Even god didn't know who he was, according to the black book with thin pages.
    He said "I am who I am", didn't he? That would I say too, if I didn't know who I was. That's the only thing I would be sure of: I am what I am...
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 21:26
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    what religions? because there are more than just three.
    will you believe in Manitou, Zeus and Satan?
    I believe he is referring to the three "Abrahamic faiths," which are followed by about half of the world's population: Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.

Of course, there are Vedic faiths (Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.), other faiths (Taoism, Shintoism, indigenous religions in Asia and Africa, etc.), cults (Scientology, Satanism, etc.) and dead faiths (i.e. what we would consider mythology, or ancient Greek, Egyptian, Roman, Anglo-Saxon, Celtic, or Norse gods). But I don't think he's referring to them.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 22:40
    Originally posted by scherzo
    dead faiths (i.e. what we would consider mythology, or ancient Greek, Egyptian, Roman, Anglo-Saxon, Celtic, or Norse gods). But I don't think he's referring to them.
    You get quite a lot of modern versions of those, eg. Wicca.
  9. Joined
    14 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 20:14
    You are really thinking very well.Why?Because u need to know the truth.And that is good.
    If u really want it, u must raise ur head to the sky and ask urself who created it?And who created all this world(sun,moon,land,water and planets?
    Thimk in it deeply.And u will find that nobody ,no animal and even no creature on this land created all of that.
    Who created that has the character of superiority and no one can get him.
    U will find that who created that is our God.And he is only one as no-one on land or in the sky can create that with him.
    Tell me:Can a ship afford 2 leaders.Extreamly no.Or it will sink.
    So he is only one God.And he ordered us only to have faith in him.

Who want to answer me, he can send me a private message as I don't enter forums.
  10. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 20:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Even god didn't know who he was, according to the black book with thin pages.
    He said "I am who I am", didn't he? That would I say too, if I didn't know who I was. That's the only thing I would be sure of: I am what I am...
    He said I am who am not I am who I am. And Jesus said Before Abraham ever was I am. The I am is a reference to the divine in Exodus and then Jesus uses it to refer to the divine in the New Testament also. He knew exactly who he was.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 20:34
    Originally posted by chappy1
    He said I am who am not I am who I am. And Jesus said Before Abraham ever was I am. The I am is a reference to the divine in Exodus and then Jesus uses it to refer to the divine in the New Testament also. He knew exactly who he was.
    Firstly a detail: He didn't say it in English so we have to interprete it as good as we can. And many interpretations has been done, of which none of them is the Truth, not even my interpretation. I have asked Him, and he didn't answer. So it's up to us mortals to guess. You have your guess, I have mine.

A book of Karen Armstrong: "A History of God", the first chapter, is my source.
  12. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 20:531 edit

… If you really want to be a FREE thinker, then what you need is Jesus.
    ..…
    (my emphasis)

A “FREE” thinker? -you mean you don’t mind if we all use our freedom of thought to use reason rather than blind faith to determine our own beliefs if all we want is just to know the truth? -no, what you mean is that we all should restrict our thoughts to form beliefs using blind faith and specifically restrict our thoughts to believing the Bible -that is not being a “free thinker”.
  13. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 21:30
    Firstly a detail: He didn't say it in English so we have to interprete it as good as we can. And many interpretations has been done, of which none of them is the Truth, not even my interpretation. I have asked Him, and he didn't answer. So it's up to us mortals to guess. You have your guess, I have mine.

A book of Karen Armstrong: "A History of God", the first chapter, is my source.
    Not interpret, translate. It was translated from Aramaic to Greek and then of course to English. It's not an interpretation of what was said it is a translation of what was said. And yes one of them is the truth- the Bible. .........And no, what I wrote isn't a guess.

Why do you necessarily believe what Karen Armstrong has written?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 22:501 edit
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Not interpret, translate. It was translated from Aramaic to Greek and then of course to English. It's not an interpretation of what was said it is a translation of what was said. And yes one of them is the truth- the Bible. .........And no, what I wrote isn't a guess.

Why do you necessarily believe what Karen Armstrong has written?
    Hebrew, my friend, hebrew.

And even if you translate, word by word, they must be interpreted. If you translate without interpret, then you don't understand anything of *why* god said "I am what I am".

And the other question: Because what she writes makes sense.
  15. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 15:58
    Hebrew, my friend, hebrew.

And even if you translate, word by word, they must be interpreted. If you translate without interpret, then you don't understand anything of *why* god said "I am what I am".

And the other question: Because what she writes makes sense.
    Jesus spoke Aramaic. Maybe you're referring to Exodus, in which case you're right about Hebrew. The New Testament was written in Greek mostly.

The Bible doesn't make sense?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree