1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 23:21
    Are there no other religious poeple out there except the Christians ? You never hear the Buddhest trying to cram their ideas down your soul, The same thing goes for the Hindus. Now the Muslems can get a little flipped out at times but even they do not try to convert like the Christians do. I understand that the Christians feel a sense on panic because of the Hell problem to save the heathen, but please try to relax about it will ya. The Crusades were a big mistake. It was very bad for public relations.
  2. Forgotten
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 00:39
    i think you are absolutely right.
    christians are very much convinced that they have the one and only way to salvation and that any other god is their satan.
    jesus himself said in his fathers house there are MANY mansions and he goes to prepare ONE for the appostles
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 00:52
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    i think you are absolutely right.
    christians are very much convinced that they have the one and only way to salvation and that any other god is their satan.
    jesus himself said in his fathers house there are MANY mansions and he goes to prepare ONE for the appostles
    ...and He said, "You are allowed to bring your significant other, you apostles, and there shall be room for you AND your apostlq."

Sorry. Buddhist here, ramming bad jokes down your throat - maybe that's even worse than religious dogma. Ta ta.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 00:57
    Originally posted by buckky
    The Crusades were a big mistake. It was very bad for public relations.
    The Crusades exposed Europeans to civilization and civilized peoples, which aided the spread of chess to Europe.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 07:47
    Are there no other religious poeple out there except the Christians ? You never hear the Buddhest trying to cram their ideas down your soul, The same thing goes for the Hindus. Now the Muslems can get a little flipped out at times but even they do not try to convert like the Christians do. I understand that the Christians feel a sense on panic because of the ...[text shortened]... o relax about it will ya. The Crusades were a big mistake. It was very bad for public relations.
    I think it is because that our God gives us the strength to take on everything and anything.

I love Jesus, and I love it loving Him!
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 08:12
    Are there no other religious poeple out there except the Christians ? You never hear the Buddhest trying to cram their ideas down your soul, The same thing goes for the Hindus. Now the Muslems can get a little flipped out at times but even they do not try to convert like the Christians do. I understand that the Christians feel a sense on panic because of the ...[text shortened]... o relax about it will ya. The Crusades were a big mistake. It was very bad for public relations.
    And yet again I have to look on in horror to the shallow, prejudicial, biased and ill-informed perception people have of Christianity. 😴😴😴
  7. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 09:30
    Originally posted by Halitose
    And yet again I have to look on in horror to the shallow, prejudicial, biased and ill-informed perception people have of Christianity. 😴😴😴
    I can't imagine how people could get such a bad idea about christians and christianity.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 09:51
    Originally posted by Redmike
    I can't imagine how people could get such a bad idea about christians and christianity.
    You don't need much imagination for that.

There have been many throughout history who have done lots of bad stuff under a Christian mantle.
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 09:56
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Sarcasm?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 10:00
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    You don't need much imagination for that.

There have been many throughout history who have done lots of bad stuff under a Christian mantle.
    Indeed. But, of course, when it comes to the bad stuff atheists have done, we can safely interpolate, generalize, and subsequently assert with confidence that all atheists are petty heathens.
  11. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 10:08
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Indeed. But, of course, when it comes to the bad stuff atheists have done, we can safely interpolate, generalize, and subsequently assert with confidence that all atheists are petty heathens.
    But Stalin was a bad, bad man. Really bad. Don't you realize that? And despite all evidence to the contrary, Hitler was a godless atheist, too. So, there you have it...indisputable proof of GOD'S existence.

Repent.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 10:12
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Sarcasm?
    You must distinguish between irony & sarcasm. Until you can, your sense of humour will remain insecure.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 10:223 edits
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    To the contrary, you get many good atheists, who have piggybacked some good things from other religions.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 10:31
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    To the contrary, you get many a good atheist, who have piggybacked some good things from other religions.
    Go on, it's a slow day, let's hear more of this "piggy-bagging".
  15. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 10:33
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You must distinguish between irony & sarcasm. Until you can, your sense of humour will remain insecure.
    Sarcasm: A cutting, often ironic remark intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Irony: An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

Six of the one, half dosen of the other IMO. It's very difficult to distinguish intent (of either) on an internet forum (without posting a smiley). 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree