1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 May '06 23:01
    Why is it whenever Muslims mention Allah or Muhammed they always add some sort of (peace be unto him) thingy? Is this commanded in the Qu'ran?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '06 02:16
    may peace be with you
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 May '06 01:45
    Peachy where are you?!?!?!
  4. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    08 May '06 08:39
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Why is it whenever Muslims mention Allah or Muhammed they always add some sort of (peace be unto him) thingy? Is this commanded in the Qu'ran?
    It is out of respect.

As far as I know, it is not a divine decree.

It's also not only for Muhammed (PBUH) and Allah (SWT), but also for all the prophets, including Jesus (RA) and Moses (RA) 😉
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    08 May '06 09:39
    Maybe its to be nice sothat we can give them money?
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 May '06 06:50
    Originally posted by ASROMA
    It is out of respect.

As far as I know, it is not a divine decree.

It's also not only for Muhammed (PBUH) and Allah (SWT), but also for all the prophets, including Jesus (RA) and Moses (RA) 😉
    What do those abbreviations mean? PBUH looks like Peace Be Unto Him, but I can't make out the others.
  7. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    11 May '06 08:502 edits
    What do those abbreviations mean? PBUH looks like Peace Be Unto Him, but I can't make out the others.
    Quite right.

PBUH is Peace be Upon Him

The others are Arabic. I should've been consistent and said Muhammed (SAW). I'm struggling to recall the exact English translation for the others.

I'll ask someone and post the English equivalent when I know or alternatively, when Peachy is back from hiatus, he can help.
  8. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 May '06 16:051 edit
    The Iranian president, when recently chastising Bush through a letter, made reference to Christ several times, each time adding "Peace Be Upon Him" so it may be respect for all prophets recognized by Islam.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree