Then try harder
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 20:58
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    When someone doesnt know, they enquire submissively to find out, but Bettle is the most dangerous pseudo spiritualist, because he glamorizes atheism to sound actually spiritual, but for one that knows, I can see through his tactics.

Even when I have set him straight on some matters, he quickly rejects on the basis of his all knowing mind, which he cons ...[text shortened]... talking (so called spirituality) is misdirecting any would be seeker, down the path to atheism.
    You say we are all part of God but when someone professes their spiritual leanings as evaluated by themselves (inpedendent of Vedanta), then you automatically say they are wrong.
    Doesn't make sense. Either you are like the christians and say that your scource of knowledge is your holy book alone, or you say that you can experience this for yourself and hence give some commentary on it. Which is it?
  4. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 01:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont know about you, but I see drugs, drinking,sex and all desirous things as coming from the one scouce. And the base of that scource is the sexual centre.
    I see people giving up all sorts of things like drinking and smoking (with mixed results) but I see that as "trimming the branches" . I believe if one is serious one should "attack the root" of ...[text shortened]... nd it very important to keep those precious juices inside me. Can you relate to any of that?
    My take on it is that most of our problems arise from our mind rather than our genitals. I don't see sexual expression a problem in itself. Some Taoists follow the practice you espouse but not from a sense of "vice", but rather from conservation of chi. It is probably valid but also sexual frustration can sap energy.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 04:28
    Originally posted by Taoman
    My take on it is that most of our problems arise from our mind rather than our genitals. I don't see sexual expression a problem in itself. Some Taoists follow the practice you espouse but not from a sense of "vice", but rather from conservation of chi. It is probably valid but also sexual frustration can sap energy.
    Ok, now notice I said masterbate, not make love. Of course making love entails a whole bunch of other potential complications which are best avoided with a good lover๐Ÿ˜‰
    Of course all problems arise in the mind, but I strive to nullify that base desire, that origonal "false thought" that seems to have lead me to this predicament.
  6. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 06:53
    Ok, now notice I said masterbate, not make love. Of course making love entails a whole bunch of other potential complications which are best avoided with a good lover๐Ÿ˜‰
    Of course all problems arise in the mind, but I strive to nullify that base desire, that origonal "false thought" that seems to have lead me to this predicament.
    And I said sexual expression, not "make love". Of course that is included.
    The only predicament I can see is excessiveness. Self-pleasuring is common human behavior, and for not a few it is the only sexual expression they have or enjoy.
    But if it is helpful to you to abstain that is fine.
    I personally do not equate it with something base or "dirty" or see it as a vice. It is simply part of the spectrum of human sexual behavior. It has some equation to me in our eating appetite. Gorge yourself and be a glutton and there are consequences. Be moderate while watching the mind base thought tendencies and its probably over in a few minutes. Big deal.

I really do think people can be too hard on themselves about it. Been there, done that and for me it was all about inappropriate guilt inculcated by a sex hung-up church, one that traded on my innocent adolescent sexual feelings.

The following is not referring to you but I would like to sound off...

So much yahoo goes on in various religions about sex and hardly anything is heard about the things that really matter in this troubled world;
    the obscene disparity of the wealth and resources of the world;
    many thousands of kids dying everyday because of malnutrition;
    rampant greedy materialism to obscene degree.
    Not to mention wars and overpopulation and serious threats from climate change - no, rather lets split and carry on so self-righteously over universal human sexual behaviors and what people prefer to do with their privates in their personal lives.

Bah!
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 22:56
    You say we are all part of God but when someone professes their spiritual leanings as evaluated by themselves (inpedendent of Vedanta), then you automatically say they are wrong.
    Doesn't make sense. Either you are like the christians and say that your scource of knowledge is your holy book alone, or you say that you can experience this for yourself and hence give some commentary on it. Which is it?
    I dont automatically say something is wrong, but i know when a teaching is in error, and i say something about that, because teaching error misdirects people.

Not all holy books are holy, and most (actually all) have error, because their is only One God, One religion, and One process.......and that One religion is the original and eternal religion, given to mankind at the beginning of creation by the Lord.....and Vedanta Sutra presents that religion of devotional service to the Lord, through Bhati Yoga. (its sanatan dharm, eternal)

How could any substitute teaching, compete with the original teaching, given by the Lord himself?

How could Bhakti Yoga be replaced....or how could the Original teachings from the Lord, be replaced by a recent substitute relgion, that has been created to satisfy materialism, and mans desires.

You only have to study these substitute religions, and very quickly you can see so much error.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 00:38
    I dont automatically say something is wrong, but i know when a teaching is in error, and i say something about that, because teaching error misdirects people.

Not all holy books are holy, and most (actually all) have error, because their is only One God, One religion, and One process.......and that One religion is the original and eternal religion, giv ...[text shortened]...
    You only have to study these substitute religions, and very quickly you can see so much error.
    Well I say these "substitute religons" only ADD to our understanding of spirituality. Of course the vedas are important as any serious student should at least know the basics. But really its not necessary when you have "inner understanding".
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 02:27
    Originally posted by duecer
    the dali llama eats meat...FACT!
    Heretic!!! We all know that the dali llama is the god-man incarnate who has all wisdom and all knowledge so he can smile and tell us that there is no God.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 02:37
    Originally posted by mikelom
    The words, fool.

By a theist, not a red-neck. Thnx

On your way, exit stage left! ๐Ÿ˜
    You sound awefully angry. No offense, but for someone who claims to have such wisdom you seem to be awefully empty.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 07:22
    Well I say these "substitute religons" only ADD to our understanding of spirituality. Of course the vedas are important as any serious student should at least know the basics. But really its not necessary when you have "inner understanding".
    Yes inner correct understanding is worth 100 books, but the thing about studying the spiritual is, that it satisfies the heart every time you connect with it, even if you have read it before.........its like when you eat, your stomache becomes satisfied everytime, over and over again.

And because realization is never stagnent, every time you read the spiritual, your already existing realization increases, and this is never ending.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 04:30
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I have posted twice the same thing, and yet none of you have argued or ripped it appart. Why not?

So I will prompt you;

Do Buddhists believe in god?

No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, believed that religious ideas and especially the god idea have their origin in fear.

The ...[text shortened]... argue? If they did, then, their adventure was fundamentally flawed in the first place!

-m.
    "I have posted twice the same thing, and yet none of you have argued or ripped it appart. Why not?"

Because it's boring?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 04:40
    Yes inner correct understanding is worth 100 books, but the thing about studying the spiritual is, that it satisfies the heart every time you connect with it, even if you have read it before.........its like when you eat, your stomache becomes satisfied everytime, over and over again.

And because realization is never stagnent, every time you read the spiritual, your already existing realization increases, and this is never ending.
    Indeed, I see where you are coming from and I concur...on one point at least... that , as we go through life, and a myriad of things are "thrown" our way, its sometimes good to stick to the scouces of information that you know to be true, (that inner resonance ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) , that will always be there, as is implied in the term "universal truth".
  14. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 15:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"I have posted twice the same thing, and yet none of you have argued or ripped it appart. Why not?"

Because it's boring?[/b]
    What you post is more than boring drivel, it is, indeed, unjustified!

As for the rec'd post of my having a ' claim to.... '... I "claimed" nothing!
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 16:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    You sound awefully angry. No offense, but for someone who claims to have such wisdom you seem to be awefully empty.
    Empty as a barrel. I am!

Thank you for the compliment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree