Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. Subscriber badradger
    Namechanger
    09 Sep '18 05:08 / 1 edit
    historic sexual abuse over 50 years at this catholic boarding school in the heart of rural Yorkshire , swept under the carpet for years only investigated after the death or Vatican re-call of the priests involved. fancy paying good money to get your child rodgered by a monk.
  2. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    09 Sep '18 05:12
    Originally posted by @badradger
    historic sexual abuse over 50 years at this catholic boarding school in the heart of rural Yorkshire , swept under the carpet for years only investigated after the death or Vatican re-call of the priests involved. I am disgusted by my own religion and am now faithless.
    You are now faithless? Your faith was in your church organisation and not in Jesus and God?
  3. Subscriber Ragwort
    Ex Duris Gloria
    09 Sep '18 05:28
    Originally posted by @badradger
    historic sexual abuse over 50 years at this catholic boarding school in the heart of rural Yorkshire , swept under the carpet for years only investigated after the death or Vatican re-call of the priests involved. I am disgusted by my own religion and am now faithless.
    One of the reasons that was given for the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII was sexual abuse of minors so this is not a new problem. Don't go over to Buddhism though because in our own time we have the FWBO scandal with their leader resulting in an "apology" and a change of name.
    Apparently the same area of the brain is stimulated by religious experience and sex so it's no surprise that these things happen along with the status and power games that go along with it.
  4. Subscriber badradger
    Namechanger
    09 Sep '18 05:30
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You are now faithless? Your faith was in your church organisation and not in Jesus and God?
    no u misunderstand I AM AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN FAITHLESS
  5. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    09 Sep '18 05:50
    Originally posted by @badradger
    no u misunderstand I AM AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN FAITHLESS
    You said "I am disgusted by my own religion and am now faithless". I understand you just fine.
  6. 09 Sep '18 05:53
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You said "I am disgusted by my own religion and am now faithless". I understand you just fine.
    That bit seems to have been edited out.
  7. Subscriber badradger
    Namechanger
    09 Sep '18 05:54
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You said "I am disgusted by my own religion and am now faithless". I understand you just fine.
    nah u don't, I am disgusted by the catholic church, christend roman catholic only ever been in a church for my parents funeral FAITHLESS.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    09 Sep '18 05:55
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    That bit seems to have been edited out.
    I think he may be a twit who's looking for lulz with a serious topic.
  9. 09 Sep '18 05:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @badradger
    nah u don't, I am disgusted by the catholic church, christend roman catholic only ever been in a church for my parents funeral FAITHLESS.
    Why did you write “my faith” in your OP and then edit it out?
  10. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    09 Sep '18 05:56
    Originally posted by @badradger
    nah u don't, I am disgusted by the catholic church, christend roman catholic only ever been in a church for my parents funeral FAITHLESS.
    You said you are now faithless after the sex abuse atrocity you mentioned in your OP.
  11. Subscriber badradger
    Namechanger
    09 Sep '18 06:05
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Why did you write “my faith” in your OP and then edit it out?
    I tell lies
  12. 09 Sep '18 06:18 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @badradger
    I tell lies
    That is clearly the case, although I suspect you would rather have us believe you a liar than an ex Catholic Christian with faith, which is pretty much the only interesting thing about this thread.
  13. Subscriber badradger
    Namechanger
    09 Sep '18 06:21
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    That is clearly the case, although I suspect you would rather have us believe you a liar than an ex Catholic Christian with faith, which is pretty much the only interesting thing about this thread.
    Waspish. no change there then.