1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 03:16
    I debated about which forum to post this in, but felt it was ultimately a spiritual issue and may be a point of lively debate. I listened to the Howard Stern Show this week in which there was a roast of Daniel Carver, a grand dragon in the Ku Klux Klan. He was roasted by Jews, lesbians, blacks, Jewish lesbians, and a white woman that will only have sex with black men. Some of the roasters were Gilbert Godfried, Lisa Lamponelli, and Artie Lang.

My gut reaction was that it had great potential to overcome prejudice because 1) everyone got to say whatever they wanted without censorship, 2) no punches were thrown, 3) most everyone goofed on their own ethnic group, and 4) humor is humor.

Did anyone else hear the roast?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 03:311 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I debated about which forum to post this in, but felt it was ultimately a spiritual issue and may be a point of lively debate. I listened to the Howard Stern Show this week in which there was a roast of Daniel Carver, a grand dragon in the Ku Klux Klan. He was roasted by Jews, lesbians, blacks, Jewish lesbians, and a white woman that will only have sex ...[text shortened]... ne goofed on their own ethnic group, and 4) humor is humor.

Did anyone else hear the roast?
    missed it, my wife is hogging the sirius! She is in Pittsburg right now
    making a ton of money over the weekend so I forgive her🙂
    I got a lot of respect for Howard after 9-11, he stuck in the studio and tried to calm people down. I was 24 hours in the red cross headquarters trying to keep communications radios going and we listened to him off and on. He was kind of inspiring to us.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 03:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I got a lot of respect for Howard after 9-11, he stuck in the studio and tried to calm people down. I was 24 hours in the red cross headquarters trying to keep communications radios going and we listened to him off and on. He was kind of inspiring to us.
    That was indeed one of his shining moments that even Guiliani recognized. As a follow up to the original post it was quite touching to hear Daniel Carver talk a few days after 9/11 that he was worried that Howard might have been killed in the attacks. Howard asked if it was difficult for him to admit that he cared for a Jew.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 03:59
    I have to admit I felt the same way when it happened. However, I lost respect for him later. I remember when he used to rant and rave about how we should bomb the Middle East into oblivion for the attack on the twin towers. He said he was behind Bush for his attack on Afganistan and Iraq at first and constantly goaded him to do more. Then the Bush administration began cracking down on censorship over the public airways and Howard took a lot of flack as a result. It did not take Howard long to turn on Bush and actually helped campaign against him during the last election. It was not difficult bashing Bush for his Mesopatamia. It just seemed very hypocritical of him to do so is all.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 04:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have to admit I felt the same way when it happened. However, I lost respect for him later. I remember when he used to rant and rave about how we should bomb the Middle East into oblivion for the attack on the twin towers. He said he was behind Bush for his attack on Afganistan and Iraq at first and constantly goaded him to do more. Then the Bush adminis ...[text shortened]... cult bashing Bush for his Mesopatamia. It just seemed very hypocritical of him to do so is all.
    My thinking is he, Stern, is one of those in the moment now kind of guy and says what he is thinking at that moment which may change from minute to minute depending on what goes on around him. So when he called for bombing, he was knee jerk reacting, and later went with bush then against, thats just the kind of dude he is, you have to take him with a grain of salt. Big Grain.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 04:57
    My thinking is he, Stern, is one of those in the moment now kind of guy and says what he is thinking at that moment which may change from minute to minute depending on what goes on around him. So when he called for bombing, he was knee jerk reacting, and later went with bush then against, thats just the kind of dude he is, you have to take him with a grain of salt. Big Grain.
    Its a bigger grain than I can swallow. I'm just glad he is not president of something.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 16:22
    Here is another large grain of salt to swallow. It seems Howard is throwing a temper tantrum.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060331/114386928000.html

Apparently he is mad at the millions of fans he once had that did not make the switch to satellite radio. I predicted as much and he should be smart enough to have forseen this happening. So he is calling his former fans ignorant for not paying money to listen to him any more. I say just the opposite. I say that his fans that are paying to hear his dribble are the ones who are not the sharpest tacks in the world. It seems he may be on his way out. What a dope.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 17:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Here is another large grain of salt to swallow. It seems Howard is throwing a temper tantrum.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060331/114386928000.html

Apparently he is mad at the millions of fans he once had that did not make the switch to satellite radio. I predicted as much and he should be smart enough to have forseen this happening. ...[text shortened]... s who are not the sharpest tacks in the world. It seems he may be on his way out. What a dope.
    nice post
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 17:06
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    nice post
    Thank you as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree