1. Earth Prime
    Moves
    05 May '05 01:07
    Most Christians will agree that abortion is wrong. They are against it because you are killing God's creation. Murdering; breaking the sixth commandment. I have recently come up with another idea though:

Most Christians will also agree that God takes mercy on the innocent souls of fetuses, infants, and young children, and takes them to heaven with him if they die before an age of accountability. If we believe that, then all aborted souls go straight to paradise, and isn't that a much better ending?

"No! That person could have converted hundreds of people!"

Well, odds say they will not. Odds say they will not even become Christian and will end up going to hell. I like going with odds, and I'd rather see those souls in heaven than risking them here.

I'm not looking for bashing about "Heaven and hell don't exist" or "fetuses aren't people." Can we have some ideas on the topic at hand?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 May '05 01:12
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Most Christians will agree that abortion is wrong. They are against it because you are killing God's creation. Murdering; breaking the sixth commandment. I have recently come up with another idea though:

Most Christians will also agree that God takes mercy on the innocent souls of fetuses, infants, and young children, and takes them to heaven with him if ...[text shortened]... hell don't exist" or "fetuses aren't people." Can we have some ideas on the topic at hand?
    I was listening to an interview with a man that wrote the book entitled "Feakonomics." He is a statistician. He makes the claim that the declining crime rate in the US is directly related to abortion. He made allowances for other factors and rates in various states and this is the only reason he could account for the decline in crime, that unwanted babies who grew up in homes where they were unloved had not resorted to lives of crime. I have not read the book.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 May '05 02:18
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I was listening to an interview with a man that wrote the book entitled "Feakonomics." He is a statistician. He makes the claim that the declining crime rate in the US is directly related to abortion. He made allowances for other factors and rates in various states and this is the only reason he could account for the decline in crime, that unwanted b ...[text shortened]... in homes where they were unloved had not resorted to lives of crime. I have not read the book.
    I had a hard time understanding what you said. Did the guy claim there was a direct or an inverse relationship between abortion and crime?
  4. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 May '05 05:35

Most Christians will also agree that God takes mercy on the innocent souls of fetuses, infants, and young children, and takes them to heaven with him if ...[text shortened]... hell don't exist" or "fetuses aren't people." Can we have some ideas on the topic at hand?
    so your saying that somone should Nuke the whole earth, so that less people go to hell?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 May '05 05:40

"No! That person could have converted hundreds of people!"

It is God who does the converting.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 May '05 05:52
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It is God who does the converting.
    Why wouldn't God just convert everybody?
  7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    05 May '05 06:52
    This sounds a lot like the logic they used to validate the inquisition.
  8. London
    Moves
    05 May '05 09:19

This argument (in slightly different forms) has been discussed before.

1. Most Christians cannot say with certainty that fetuses and unbaptised infants will be saved. Unlike abortion, the age of accountability theory is a more speculative/philosophical position.

2. Nearly all Christians would agree with Rom 3:8 - evil may not be done so good can come of it.

The whole thing about conversion is irrelevant; it would only apply if Christians were to take a utilitarian position on morality - which they don't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree