1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '19 20:58
    https://www.space.com/four-fundamental-forces.html

So this stuff just happened? Right. lol.
    So much for man to learn and some we may never know.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '19 21:081 edit
    @galveston75 said

What stuff? (Lol)

Edit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Oct '19 00:35
    @divegeester

The 4 fundamental forces....
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '19 02:12
    @galveston75 said
    Simply calling people ~ i.e. those who don't ascribe the "forces" you mention to a supernatural being ~ calling them "foolish" is not a very strong debating point.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '19 08:32
    @galveston75 said
    @divegeester

I see, so your point here is that scientists are foolish because they have identified four fundamental forces, but you, a member of the Jehovah’s Witness cult, are wise.

Is that it?
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    03 Oct '19 20:11
    @galveston75 said
    So this stuff just happened?
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 00:55
    @galveston75 said

What has the link got to do with your thesis?
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 02:04
    @galveston75 said

It's not entirely clear what your point is, as the other posters have noted, so I'll take a guess. I suspect your argument is something along the lines of: "Because these forces do everything we need for life to exist and this requires fine tuning of parameters there must be a God.". You do realize that this argument has been presented on this forum about a trillion times? You must also realize that it's another rehash of the God of the Gaps argument. Atheists are not convinced by it, and most theists aren't happy with the idea either.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 09:04
    @handyandy said
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (((((((((((((!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))))))))))))
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 09:20
    @deepthought said
    It's not entirely clear what your point is, as the other posters have noted, so I'll take a guess. I suspect your argument is something along the lines of: "Because these forces do everything we need for life to exist and this requires fine tuning of parameters there must be a God.". You do realize that this argument has been presented on this forum about a trillion tim ...[text shortened]... aps argument. Atheists are not convinced by it, and most theists aren't happy with the idea either.
    You think saying things are set up just right for life shows an argument from the perspective of God of the gaps? Actually, it is an argument from the standpoint of knowledge, not lack thereof. Humans who really have gaps are the ones that when someone is asked how did it all begin, offer nothing. If there can be nothing offered in justifying anything yet denouncing a first cause, that is a real gap, one without knowledge or justification.
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 15:54
    @deepthought said
    It's not entirely clear what your point is, as the other posters have noted, so I'll take a guess. I suspect your argument is something along the lines of: "Because these forces do everything we need for life to exist and this requires fine tuning of parameters there must be a God.". You do realize that this argument has been presented on this forum about a trillion tim ...[text shortened]... aps argument. Atheists are not convinced by it, and most theists aren't happy with the idea either.
    This forum is chock full of self deluded people .
    Creation fairy tales , flood fairy tales , and talking donkeys and snakes are real to them .
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 16:03
    @kellyjay said
    You think saying things are set up just right for life shows an argument from the perspective of God of the gaps? Actually, it is an argument from the standpoint of knowledge, not lack thereof. Humans who really have gaps are the ones that when someone is asked how did it all begin, offer nothing. If there can be nothing offered in justifying anything yet denouncing a first cause, that is a real gap, one without knowledge or justification.
    And you , who has no proof , pontificates that it is YOUR god rather than any of the 3000 other gods who has done this .
    How quaint .
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 16:05
    @caissad4 said
    This forum is chock full of self deluded people .
    Creation fairy tales , flood fairy tales , and talking donkeys and snakes are real to them .
    You don't give them enough credit.

It works the other way as well. For example, the moon landing was fake.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 16:35
    @caissad4 said
    And you , who has no proof , pontificates that it is YOUR god rather than any of the 3000 other gods who has done this .
    How quaint .
    For someone who says you don’t know how anything got here, you make a lot of claims with nothing to backup your accretions.
  15. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 16:53
    @kellyjay said
    For someone who says you don’t know how anything got here, you make a lot of claims with nothing to backup your accretions.
    I make no claims .
    You make unsubstantiated claims .
    Wait, wait , I DO claim to not know .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree