and the point is...???

and the point is...???

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Mar 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
Read Revelation 21. How big is a cube 12,000 furlongs x 12,000 furlongs x 12,000 furlongs?
Clearly science fiction. Lets wait till the movie comes out🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Clearly science fiction. Lets wait till the movie comes out🙂
Im sure that a man living 50 years ago would not believe the technology we take for granted today. A man living 500 years ago would laugh you to scorn if you were to tell him that you can see and talk to someone on the other side of the planet for free. Primitive man 5000 years ago would think you were a god if he saw inside your house. Can you imagine what technology God and his angels, who probably has been around for millions of years, is capable of creating?

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
01 Mar 12

Im sure that a man living 50 years ago would not believe the technology we take for granted today. A man living 500 years ago would laugh you to scorn if you were to tell him that you can see and talk to someone on the other side of the planet for free. Primitive man 5000 years ago would think you were a god if he saw inside your house. Can you imagine what ...[text shortened]... God and his angels, who probably has been around for millions of years, is capable of creating?
What is clear is that the people living when the Bible was put down in writing had no idea at all about the stuff we have been discovering about this planet and our universe since then.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 12

Originally posted by finnegan
What is clear is that the people living when the Bible was put down in writing had no idea at all about the stuff we have been discovering about this planet and our universe since then.
No they did not. Are you saying that God did not either?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
02 Mar 12

Im sure that a man living 50 years ago would not believe the technology we take for granted today. A man living 500 years ago would laugh you to scorn if you were to tell him that you can see and talk to someone on the other side of the planet for free. Primitive man 5000 years ago would think you were a god if he saw inside your house. Can you imagine what ...[text shortened]... God and his angels, who probably has been around for millions of years, is capable of creating?
we frame our reality based on our experiences and culture.

if primitive people saw extra terrestrials, they might call them divine beings.
if modern people saw divine beings, they might call them extra terrestrials.

did ancient people see extra terrestrials? some researchers would claim it was so. they can even present some compelling evidence. but the jury is still out.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
we frame our reality based on our experiences and culture.

if primitive people saw extra terrestrials, they might call them divine beings.
if modern people saw divine beings, they might call them extra terrestrials.

did ancient people see extra terrestrials? some researchers would claim it was so. they can even present some compelling evidence. but the jury is still out.
I just used those analogies because sonhouse seemed to think certain things were impossible. What man has accomplished in the last 50 years were thought to be impossible at some point in history. Imagine what scientific advances will take place in the next 1000 years.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
02 Mar 12

I just used those analogies because sonhouse seemed to think certain things were impossible. What man has accomplished in the last 50 years were thought to be impossible at some point in history. Imagine what scientific advances will take place in the next 1000 years.
i wasn't disagreeing with you, i just added my own thoughts.

it is a very compelling thought process. humanities perception of the universe 10000 years ago was vastly different from our perception of the universe today.

it is likely that humans living 10000 years in the future will have a perception of the universe that differs from ours as vastly as ours differs from those of primitive humans.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 12

i wasn't disagreeing with you, i just added my own thoughts.

it is a very compelling thought process. humanities perception of the universe 10000 years ago was vastly different from our perception of the universe today.

it is likely that humans living 10000 years in the future will have a perception of the universe that differs from ours as vastly as ours differs from those of primitive humans.
Suppose there is a God and angels - in the hundreds of millions - according to the Bible, it would be hard to imagine what their thought processes are like, if they have been in existence for millions of years.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Mar 12
2 edits

Are you saying you believe that clap trap? Surely you can't be THAT deluded?

I'm talking about the 1500 cubic miles.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
02 Mar 12

Suppose there is a God and angels - in the hundreds of millions - according to the Bible, it would be hard to imagine what their thought processes are like, if they have been in existence for millions of years.
that is true. it would be hard to imagine what the thought processes of any alien intelligence would be like.

we tend to think of other intelligence in terms of a biological mind. but it does not necessarily have to be so. intelligence can theoretically form of any type of nodes in sufficient quantities (we don't know the critical mass of necessary nodes) with a means of information exchange between nodes.

looking at a large scale model of a mind, we have the observable universe. consider each sun as a 'node' and information being sent among them in the form of light. we have a brain with hundreds of trillions of neurons with potential analog thought process.

is it conceivable that the universe is self conscious? if it is, it would be a mind completely alien to ours, functioning on a completely different time perception scale.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
02 Mar 12

I'm talking about the 1500 square miles.
there is a precedent. have you heard of cargo cults? some are still waiting for the return of their messiah, john frum.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 12

I'm talking about the 1500 cubic miles.
I just informed you of what the Bible has in it. I dont discuss what I believe and why with atheists. I think this is the 3rd time Im telling you that.

I just provide some info. The Bible has 12,000 furlongs = 1500 miles. What I believe or otherwise is irrelevant.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 12

.. is it conceivable that the universe is self conscious? ...
Interesting concept. God could very well be some central core which is in control. We dont know.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Mar 12

I just informed you of what the Bible has in it. I dont discuss what I believe and why with atheists. I think this is the 3rd time Im telling you that.

I just provide some info. The Bible has 12,000 furlongs = 1500 miles. What I believe or otherwise is irrelevant.
If 12,000 furlongs is 1500 odd miles, its a lot bigger than you assumed. That would be 1500^2 X 6 (thinking cube) gives 13.5 million square miles. It's still clap trap.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 12

If 12,000 furlongs is 1500 odd miles, its a lot bigger than you assumed. That would be 1500^2 X 6 (thinking cube) gives 13.5 million square miles. It's still clap trap.
You are working out the surface area of a cube. I did not do that. I gave the 1500 miles cubed, or a cube with each side 12,000 furlongs.

What you consider claptrap is your business. But remember that you started analysing the size of the new earth and claimed it would not hold all the Christians.