1. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 19:32
    did you know that gods best angel was satan before he rebelled against the lord
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 19:56
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    According to - who?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 20:05
    I'll do some research for you later but the Bible indicates he was a very beautiful angel and may have stood out even in appearance. It could be what went to his head later and thought too much about himself.

From the Insight Book:

"The Scriptures indicate that the creature known as Satan did not always have that name. Rather, this descriptive name was given to him because of his taking a course of opposition and resistance to God. The name he had before this is not given. God is the only Creator, and ‘his activity is perfect,’ with no injustice or unrighteousness. (De 32:4) Therefore, the one becoming Satan was, when created, a perfect, righteous creature of God. He is a spirit person, for he appeared in heaven in the presence of God. (Job chaps 1, 2; Re 12:9)"
  4. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 20:221 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'll do some research for you later but the Bible indicates he was a very beautiful angel and may have stood out even in appearance. It could be what went to his head later and thought too much about himself.

From the Insight Book:

"The Scriptures indicate that the creature known as Satan did not always have that name. Rather, this descriptive na ...[text shortened]... a spirit person, for he appeared in heaven in the presence of God. (Job chaps 1, 2; Re 12:9)"
    I've googled for the right bible passage, I'll copy it here for you reference:
    EDIT: everything below is copied, not just the references.

Ezekiel 28:12 (KJV)

"Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty."
    13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire."

This is not an earthly king, as the word "cherub" is only used in references to angels.

15 "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

The word "covering" is from the Hebrew word cakak, and means: to entwine, to fence in, cover over, protect, defend, hedge in, (source "The complete word study Old Testament"😉

Was Lucifer’s job to protect the very earth he corrupted? Was this one of his duties that gave him so much pride?

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 20:27
    The Morning Star was named Lucifer. Brilliant beyond compare, beautiful to inspire examination, most charming of all God's creation.

Kind of blew it, huh.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 20:54
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    I've googled for the right bible passage, I'll copy it here for you reference:
    EDIT: everything below is copied, not just the references.

Ezekiel 28:12 (KJV)

"Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty."
    13 Thou hast been in E ...[text shortened]... will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
    Thanks..That is what I was looking for.... 🙂
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 22:172 edits
    I remember reading in the bible (although I can't remember where) that he was an archangel the same as Gabriel and Michael. He was certainly powerful and creative. Furthermore there was war in heaven and a third of the heavenly host took his side, so he is also persuasive.

Creative, powerful and persuasive. He is also described as the father of lies and the accuser of the brethren.

Thank God there is now "no condemnation for them that are in Christ" (somewhere in the NT - sorry it's been a difficult week).
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 23:541 edit
    Er...um....the archangel Michael kicked his arse according to scripture and threw him out of heaven. So the question begs, best at what?
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 01:01
    I once belonged to a cult which held that the Great Lord Lucifer and the Great Lord Satan were two different entities, neither bad.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 01:06
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I once belonged to a cult which held that the Great Lord Lucifer and the Great Lord Satan were two different entities, neither bad.
    Sounds scary to me....
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 05:38
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Sounds scary to me....
    Belonging in a cult? Such as JW? Yes, sounds scary. Very scary.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 05:401 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The Morning Star was named Lucifer. Brilliant beyond compare, beautiful to inspire examination, most charming of all God's creation.

Kind of blew it, huh.
    Lucifer is latin (lucem ferre) and means bearer of light.
  13. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 10:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    Er...um....the archangel Michael kicked his arse according to scripture and threw him out of heaven. So the question begs, best at what?
    Read my previous post.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 16:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Lucifer is latin (lucem ferre) and means bearer of light.
    That he was. Now, not only does he stand accused, he's become the finger-pointing accuser. Thank God for our advocate, for our Exhibit A... the Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen and amen.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 16:22
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    That he was. Now, not only does he stand accused, he's become the finger-pointing accuser. Thank God for our advocate, for our Exhibit A... the Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen and amen.
    So he calls himself something in latin, millennia before the language was spoken. Doesn't that strike you as something invented?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree