1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 16:51
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    'killing people who dont worship him'

seriously suzianne, havent women put up with enough egotistical, sexist, psychopathic, vain men over the years. yet you are happy to bow down to the king of them all. he who only loves those that are willing to love him.
    Yeah. I have never yet heard anyone give any convincing reason why anybody SHOULD worship
    a god [even if it did exist] other than "they will punish you if you don't".

That's a reason to fear a god certainly, but it's not a good reason to worship them.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 17:06
    'killing people who dont worship him'

seriously suzianne, havent women put up with enough egotistical, sexist, psychopathic, vain men over the years. yet you are happy to bow down to the king of them all. he who only loves those that are willing to love him.
    You haven't seen NOTHING yet, my friend.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 17:09
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Yeah. I have never yet heard anyone give any convincing reason why anybody SHOULD worship

That's a reason to fear a god certainly, but it's not a good reason to worship them.
    What IS a 'good reason'?

This I gotta hear.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 17:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So we can look forward to even more "egotistical, sexist, psychopathic, vain men" in your theology???

How is that any kind of plus point?
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 17:10
    What IS a 'good reason'?

This I gotta hear.
    I don't think there is a good reason.

If you think there is a good reason to worship a being then I am all
    ears to hear what it is.

I have not yet heard anyone come up with one, and have not been
    able to think of one myself.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 17:23
    What IS a 'good reason'?

This I gotta hear.
    worshipping somebody else is demeening. demanding to be worshipped is vile
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 17:37
    after spending a billion years worshipping some ancient, sexist, violent, egotistical maniac day in day out and you look to your left and see robbie and glaveston in their white robes and little white wings on one side and look to your right and see sonship and rjhinds sitting on a cloud. you are going to start missing the uber-cool atheists from the spirituality forum. if only you didnt help your god hack us to death for not thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 19:02
    after spending a billion years worshipping some ancient, sexist, violent, egotistical maniac day in day out and you look to your left and see robbie and glaveston in their white robes and little white wings on one side and look to your right and see sonship and rjhinds sitting on a cloud. you are going to start missing the uber-cool atheists from the sp ...[text shortened]... didnt help your god hack us to death for not thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread.
    Wow, what pathology is behind that 'fantasy world'? First of all, I can't imagine a heaven where *all* 'make the cut'. There are many who call themselves 'Christian' today who will be heartily surprised to find themselves in the 'lake of fire'. And I'm really not sure what this "hacking us to death" is all about.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 19:06
    So we can look forward to even more "egotistical, sexist, psychopathic, vain men" in your theology???

How is that any kind of plus point?
    It's meant to be a warning, not a "plus point". How can you even begin to think it's a "plus point"?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 19:09
    worshipping somebody else is demeening. demanding to be worshipped is vile
    "demeaning"? Really? God is the Creator of the Universe, Our Father Who Art in Heaven! It is actually a privilege to worship Him, the highest function of what it means to be human. You really need to stop letting your ego get in your way.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 19:21
    Wow, what pathology is behind that 'fantasy world'? First of all, I can't imagine a heaven where *all* 'make the cut'. There are many who call themselves 'Christian' today who will be heartily surprised to find themselves in the 'lake of fire'. And I'm really not sure what this "hacking us to death" is all about.
    artistic licence. blasting us with your laser beam eyes didnt seem as powerful as 'hack'.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 19:22

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -- John 3:16

He did this (this amazing gift!) for us (the entire world, not just the important people, but for everyone in the world) because He so loved us (everyone!), giving His only Son (imagine that), so that every person, from the highest down to the lowest, could have eternal life, if *only* we would believe in Him. Yes, this is a God worthy of worship, of endless praise, way, WAY beyond just the 'lip service' most people give Him.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 19:39
    "demeaning"? Really? God is the Creator of the Universe, Our Father Who Art in Heaven! It is actually a privilege to worship Him, the highest function of what it means to be human. You really need to stop letting your ego get in your way.
    no the highest function of being human is being kind, loving and generous. worship achieves nothing for either party and is a complete waste of time and up there with going to strip clubs on the demeaning scale.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 19:47
    "[b]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -- John 3:16

He did this (this amazing gift!) for us (the entire world, not just the important people, but for everyone in the world) because He so loved us (everyone!), giving His only Son ( ...[text shortened]... rthy of worship, of endless praise, way, WAY beyond just the 'lip service' most people give Him.[/b]
    he could have used any method to absolve man of sin. this makes giving his son just ridiculous.

there is a little test to see if people have psychopathic tenancies - a full train is heading down the track towards an unseen brick wall, which will kill everybody on board if the train hits. you are on a bridge going across the track and can see what is going to happen. you notice that there is a man on the bridge above the track. if you push him over he will land in front of the train killing him but forcing the train to stop saving the passengers from certain death.

in your story god is pushing his own son over the bridge to stop the train. if you or i did that it would be an amazing sacrifice, questionable, but probably for the passengers worthy of praise.

only if its god on the bridge he doesnt have to push his son, he can magically stop the train. the sacrifice of his son would seem brutal and pointless. especially considering death is irrelevant to jesus, effectively he was just returning home.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 20:01
    "[b]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -- John 3:16

He did this (this amazing gift!) for us (the entire world, not just the important people, but for everyone in the world) because He so loved us (everyone!), giving His only Son ( ...[text shortened]... rthy of worship, of endless praise, way, WAY beyond just the 'lip service' most people give Him.[/b]
    Nope

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree