1. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    19 May '11 16:45
    seems some guy in new york is predicting the end on saturday. just thought i would say goodbye to all our players, though i am ok to play on sunday either here or in the eternal light..
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91547
    19 May '11 22:54
    Originally posted by stoker
    seems some guy in new york is predicting the end on saturday. just thought i would say goodbye to all our players, though i am ok to play on sunday either here or in the eternal light..
    I'm starting to think that this restlessnestness in the world will not result in its doom,(in most of mankinds doom)...well in my physical doom anyway.
    We have to start seriously considering that there will be some major upheavals (already plenty of natural disatesrs out there educating people), but as far as equating "change" with the "end" is becoming less convincing.

    I too will be here to m make my moves on Sunday.

    As I have said before, even if the world was ending and you knew it, what would you do differently that you are not already doing?
  3. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    20 May '11 08:49
    good question.. what would you do differently if you knew for certain that the end was nigh.. say a months time??
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    20 May '11 15:07
    Originally posted by stoker
    good question.. what would you do differently if you knew for certain that the end was nigh.. say a months time??
    Build a fast rocket even faster....Lol.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91547
    20 May '11 18:58
    Originally posted by stoker
    good question.. what would you do differently if you knew for certain that the end was nigh.. say a months time??
    I've been through this internally a few years ago. I made my peace with my demons, resigned myself to a certain "groove" in life and know in my heart if the bomb was coming down on top of me that I really wouldn't do much else than I would normally be doing. Maybe I might put the kettle on 🙂
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    20 May '11 19:042 edits
    Originally posted by stoker
    good question.. what would you do differently if you knew for certain that the end was nigh.. say a months time??
    Wake up, and then chide myself for allowing myself to be *that* immersed in such an extraordinarily fecked up dream.
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    21 May '11 12:28
    Originally posted by stoker
    seems some guy in new york is predicting the end on saturday. just thought i would say goodbye to all our players, though i am ok to play on sunday either here or in the eternal light..
    Well, it's Saturday now. Any minute now the end will come.

    🙄
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    21 May '11 15:01
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, it's Saturday now. Any minute now the end will come.

    🙄
    Actually, not "any minute".

    This clown in question, Harold Camping, has indeed set the hour. 6pm Eastern Daylight Time. This would equate to 10pm in the UK. 3pm where I am.

    He expects the rapture to be today, and the "end of the world", whatever that means, in October.

    This guy has foretold the end of days before, in 1994. As far as I know, it didn't happen then. This alone puts his credibility at risk.

    He has a national radio show that focuses on this type of thing, and he can't even get the details right. He totally forgets about the seven years of the Tribulation, the rise of the AntiChrist, the Mark of the Beast, the martyring of Christians, the Battle of Armageddon, and the Second Coming. He only gives 5 months for everything between the rapture and the "end of the world", calling the 21st "Judgment Day" and calling everyone left on earth after today "doomed" to feel the wrath of God and sent to hell for eternity.

    I am heartened by how many times in the last few days I have heard someone say "no man knows the hour or the day". At least the typical American gets at least this much of it right.

    My concern is what these whackjob followers of his are going to do once the hour comes and they find themselves still here, that they obviously did not get "taken up to meet Jesus in the sky". According to what Harold Camping is teaching, those left behind will be "doomed". I wonder how many of them, not wishing to be tormented and "doomed", will decide to kill themselves and their families to spare them that "fate". Most of them have already quit their jobs and given away all their worldly possessions to be ready when they are "called". How many of these unhinged people will assume that they must somehow be deficient in their faith and therefore "doomed", rather than believe this nutjob they followed got it all wrong, again.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    21 May '11 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    He only gives 5 months for everything between the rapture and the "end of the world", calling the 21st "Judgment Day" and calling everyone left on earth after today "doomed" to feel the wrath of God and sent to hell for eternity.
    This just in...

    After writing this, I have discovered that Harold Camping in fact does not believe in sinners being sent to hell for eternity, but rather, he believes in annihilationism. I happen to have this view also.

    Just thought I'd make the correction before someone else did.
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    22 May '11 12:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This just in...

    After writing this, I have discovered that Harold Camping in fact does not believe in sinners being sent to hell for eternity, but rather, he believes in annihilationism. I happen to have this view also.

    Just thought I'd make the correction before someone else did.
    Yes Suzianne. I've been following Camping's "ministry" pontifications for about 2 years. He has some really wild ideas about what the Word of God means by what it says.

    I believe Camping is evil through and through. For him to develop a world wide radio ministry, (he doesn't believe in a local assembly because the church is corrupt) and raise the hopes of so many, claiming he has some knowledge about dates and times, and then fail, makes him a false teacher.

    2 Pet. 2:18,19
    For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

    Maybe now the man will shut his mouth. But I doubt it. He'll just use the same excuse he used back in 98. Miscalculated.
  11. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    22 May '11 14:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yes Suzianne. I've been following Camping's "ministry" pontifications for about 2 years. He has some really wild ideas about what the Word of God means by what it says.

    I believe Camping is evil through and through. For him to develop a world wide radio ministry, (he doesn't believe in a local assembly because the church is corrupt) and raise the hopes of ...[text shortened]... s mouth. But I doubt it. He'll just use the same excuse he used back in 98. Miscalculated.
    I'm sure his bank account is nice and full as we speak.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140156
    22 May '11 16:12
    A friend and I were trying to figure out the reasons why Harold Camping is doing this.
    Is it for the fame? Wealth? Pride? Dude is 89 years old so it can't be for the money. Well maybe it could be but we kinda doubt it. If nothing else he got Family Radio a few moments in the spotlight. However I was watching a clip and a caller asked Camping if the 22nd rolled around would he refund peoples money? Camping became agitated with the caller.



    Manny
  13. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    22 May '11 16:19
    Originally posted by menace71
    A friend and I were trying to figure out the reasons why Harold Camping is doing this.
    Is it for the fame? Wealth? Pride? Dude is 89 years old so it can't be for the money. Well maybe it could be but we kinda doubt it. If nothing else he got Family Radio a few moments in the spotlight. However I was watching a clip and a caller asked Camping if the 22nd ro ...[text shortened]... ed around would he refund peoples money? Camping became agitated with the caller.



    Manny
    It seems with most of these guys there usually is $$$$$ involved or if not just the power they have over people.
  14. Joined
    28 Jul '04
    Moves
    69617
    23 May '11 09:05
    It appears like he really does believe his BS. I get the impression he is genuinely puzzled that nothing happened.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13489641
  15. Joined
    28 Jul '04
    Moves
    69617
    23 May '11 09:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This just in...

    After writing this, I have discovered that Harold Camping in fact does not believe in sinners being sent to hell for eternity, but rather, he believes in annihilationism. I happen to have this view also.

    Just thought I'd make the correction before someone else did.
    I partially agree with annihilationism as well. Although I will say annihilation applies to everyone, not just "sinners".
Back to Top