Another right gays are denied

Another right gays are denied

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
30 May 13

I recently posted a thread listing all the rights i could think of that gays are being denied.

this is a story that reveals another aspect that people not having to deal with this crap, people who take their rights for granted, do not notice:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/14/doma-project-missing-husband_n_3268825.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices

two people love each other, but they cannot be together because one was born in england and even though they got married in NY, he cannot stay for more than 90 days on a tourist visa. two people in love have been separated for more than 17 times in a 6 year relationship and their marriage is not seen as legit.

the story above is unfair. it is sad. how does it become less so if i mention that those two people's names are jason and david? why does it matter?

rc

Moves
30 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
I recently posted a thread listing all the rights i could think of that gays are being denied.

this is a story that reveals another aspect that people not having to deal with this crap, people who take their rights for granted, do not notice:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/14/doma-project-missing-husband_n_3268825.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices
...[text shortened]... me less so if i mention that those two people's names are jason and david? why does it matter?
get a t shirt printed if you care that much.

Infidel

Moves
30 May 13
1 edit

But certainly people who are against gay marriage because of religious reasons aren't going to be swayed by listing rights that were clearly thought of by humans for humans. As much as I disagree with those people, but if you believe that God is against "gayness", then what humans think isn't really important, is it?

The only way these peoples' minds could be changed is by showing that God does not care about ones sexual preference.

e

Moves
30 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
get a t shirt printed if you care that much.
i will get you a cliff richard t shirt if your not careful 🙂

rc

Moves
30 May 13

Originally posted by e4chris
i will get you a cliff richard t shirt if your not careful 🙂
Lol, his sister and nieces are witnesses, i met them when i as in Pakistan, i think Clifford was born in India.

Z

Moves
30 May 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
But certainly people who are against gay marriage because of religious reasons aren't going to be swayed by listing rights that were clearly thought of by humans for humans. As much as I disagree with those people, but if you believe that God is against "gayness", then what humans think isn't really important, is it?

The only way these peoples' minds could be changed is by showing that God does not care about ones sexual preference.
people against gay marriage for religious reasons should understand they don't want a religious marriage. they want the civil kind. the kind all citizens are required to do if they want the marriage benefits.

no government cares that a catholic priest wed you in some chapel in mexico or the pope himself declared you and your wife married before god. they won't give you tax breaks and benefits until you do the civil marriage.

so basically, religious people protesting against gay marriage is like muslims protesting that the falafel guy sells humus to non muslims.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
30 May 13

people against gay marriage for religious reasons should understand they don't want a religious marriage. they want the civil kind. the kind all citizens are required to do if they want the marriage benefits.

no government cares that a catholic priest wed you in some chapel in mexico or the pope himself declared you and your wife married before god. th ...[text shortened]... ainst gay marriage is like muslims protesting that the falafel guy sells humus to non muslims.
Would it not occur to you that such a relationship is unnatural?

Just askin'.......live and let live and all that but having said that.....

I would prefer a pretty brunette about five feet three
slim and athletic with an ass you could spank all night long. 😛😛😲😲

Infidel

Moves
30 May 13

no government cares that a catholic priest wed you in some chapel in mexico or the pope himself declared you and your wife married before god. th ...[text shortened]... ainst gay marriage is like muslims protesting that the falafel guy sells humus to non muslims.
100% agree, it's just that this kind of logic flies straight over the heads over the people we're talking about for the reason I mentioned above. They're not just against gay marriage, they're usually against "gayness" in general. I'd say them opposing gay marriage is just one of their ways of showing their disapproval of gay people. The fact that gays are discriminated because of this, not only doesn't bother them but quite possibly pleases them.

Therefore, it makes more sense to show them that their God approves of gay people (or at least doesn't disapprove it). Which is not easy.

Do you think that people who use the bible to show that God disapproves being gay have a point? Is it mentioned in the bible?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 13

Exactly, unless they can change the mind of God. Homosexuality may be fine in some people's minds. But they have no clue on what is right or wrong.
God, who by the way, invented life, should know if homosexuality is right or wrong, and the bible says it is wrong. He created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

Z

Moves
30 May 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Would it not occur to you that such a relationship is unnatural?

Just askin'.......live and let live and all that but having said that.....

I would prefer a pretty brunette about five feet three
slim and athletic with an ass you could spank all night long. 😛😛😲😲
jason prefers david. and neil pattrick harris prefers that dark haired dude.

Z

Moves
30 May 13

100% agree, it's just that this kind of logic flies straight over the heads over the people we're talking about for the reason I mentioned above. They're not just against gay marriage, they're usually against "gayness" in general. I'd say them opposing gay marriage is just one of their ways of showing their disapproval of gay people. The fact that gay ...[text shortened]... ible to show that God disapproves being gay have a point? Is it mentioned in the bible?
Therefore, it makes more sense to show them that their God approves of gay people

won't work, not fast enough that gays benefit of the change of heart today and not in a couple generations or so. how easy was it to change the robbie's view on blood transfusion? it is a trick question, you didn't change his mind. even that spineless maggot from rbhill's story had to have his little girl in mortal danger and the jw elders acting like evil asholes to start questioning his jw beliefs

no, i consider utterly pointless to try and change the fundie's minds. what we can do, is appeal to the open minded people that don't care much. the ones with "live and let live" attitude. while that is ok, and doesn't hurt anyone, it doesn't help anyone either. we need to let go of the apathy, and realize when things are wrong, not just when it concerns us

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
30 May 13

jason prefers david. and neil pattrick harris prefers that dark haired dude.
I heard a joke that went like this,

2 guys having a conversation about gays.
1 says to the other, did you know that hundreds
of years ago you could be killed for being gay?
100 years ago you could be put in prison.
50 years ago the penalty was a fine for lewd conduct.
20 years ago it was decriminalized and now it's tolerated.
Today they allow gay marriage.

The other guy gets up to leave.

Where are you going the first guy asks?

The second guy says, I'm outa here, before they make it compulsory.

P

Moves
30 May 13

Religion and God should have nothing to do with laws in a non-sectarian, democartic country. Two consenting adults of the same gender who want to marry should be allowed to do so and then receive all of the legal benefits a married heterosexual couple receive. Imposing Christian law is no different than imposing Sharia law. The GOP will never have my vote as long as they insist on forcing their beliefs on the most intimate aspects of a citizen,s personal life.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 May 13
1 edit

Forum debates rarely change anyone's mind. However, there is still the rest of the audience. Some of them may appreciate that good arguments aren't really being countered by the opponent. I have also seen acknowledgement from the opponent even though he wasn't convinced.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 May 13

If gaining tax breaks is all this is about, then there are other ways to get tax breaks with desecrating the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman.

The instructor