1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:27
    I've been praying for years and have yet to have one answered while my creepy neighbor says God answers his all the time
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:31
    @lemondrop said
    I've been praying for years and have yet to have one answered while my creepy neighbor says God answers his all the time
    Maybe you neighbour is lying, or maybe he is praying for sunshine, rain, fresh air, food and clothes.

So if its not too personal, what exactly are you praying for?
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:40
    @rajk999 said
    Maybe you neighbour is lying, or maybe he is praying for sunshine, rain, fresh air, food and clothes.

So if its not too personal, what exactly are you praying for?
    I'm praying for a replacement for an amputated arm
    has god ever helped an amputee?
    he's made the blind see
    the crippled walk
    but what about us amputees?
    does he hate us?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:451 edit
    @lemondrop

Suggested prayer for One frustrated about his prayer life:

"Lord Jesus, I praise and thank You for Your death for me and Your rising again for me. Thankyou Lord for this act on my behalf.

Lord Jesus, I get right to the point. I am frustrated and doubting. Why don't You answer my prayers Lord.? Lord Jesus, I would give you two weeks. In this two weeks DO make it clear to me WHY my prayers go unanswered. Lord Jesus, make this clear to me. Make it plain in Your own timing so that I know.

Thankyou Lord for hearing me.
    Amen."

Try something very HONEST like that, accompanied with thanksgiving. I bet when you perhaps are not expecting it it will become clear to you what the problem is.

Give it a try and come back in a couple of weeks and tell me if you understand then what the problem is.

"No temptation has taken you except that which is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow that you be tempted beyond what you are able, but will, with the temptation, also make the way out, that you may be able to endure it." (1 Cor. 10:13)

Further comments I might make below, if your immediate response is more encouraging then frivolous or discouraging. So please take care how you want to respond.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:461 edit
    @lemondrop said
    I'm praying for a replacement for an amputated arm
    has god ever helped an amputee?
    he's made the blind see
    the crippled walk
    but what about us amputees?
    does he hate us?
    Let me tell you how God sees things. 70 yrs is a fleeting moment for God. A chunk of time for God is in the hundreds of millions of years. So all God asks for is for a man to live out his tiny lifespan and in the next life there would be the rewards [or the punishment if God is not pleased]. Although an arm regrowing would be an amazing miracle.

Also the bible says that God answers the prayers of the righteous, so keep praying.
  6. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:49
    @sonship said
    @lemondrop

Suggested prayer for One frustrated about his prayer life:

"Lord Jesus, I praise and thank You for Your death for me and Your rising again for me. Thankyou Lord for this act on my behalf.

[i] Lord Jesus, ...[text shortened]... se is more encouraging then frivolous or discouraging. So please take care how you want to respond.
    has he ever helped an amputee?
    surely there must be at least one worthy of God's mercy
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:52
    One of the things I noticed when reading the Psalms in my early spiritual life was how much the Psalmists poured out their hearts to God.

When they were perplexed at God's treatment or seeming inaction they honestly poured out their complaint before God. There are quite a few Psalms like that.

Many times I noticed that the Psalmist was in trouble because of his OWN mistakes and faults. Still he came with his complaint to God.
    Such honest prayers are not rejected by God.

It is ALWAYS appropriate to come into His presence with thanksgiving. Come with thanksgiving and make your request known to God. Come with gratefulness and pour out your problem before the heavenly Father.

This is effective.

One entire BOOK of the Bible is devoted to a man suffering and arguing with God. It is the first book written chronologically of the 66 Bible books. It is the book of Job.
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:56
    @sonship said
    One of the things I noticed when reading the Psalms in my early spiritual life was how much the Psalmists poured out their hearts to God.

When they were perplexed at God's treatment or seeming inaction they honestly poured out their complaint before God. There are quite a few Psalms like that.

Many times I noticed that the Psalmist was in trouble because of his ...[text shortened]... d. It is the first book written chronologically of the 66 Bible books. It is the book of Job.
    but why has god not ever helped an amputee?
    that's all I'm asking
    has he not healed the blind and crippled?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:57
    @lemondrop

If He were only the God of people who have never lost a limb, He would not be that great of a God, would He ?

Joni Eareckson Tada Shares Her Story

YouTube&ab_channel=JoniandFriends
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 17:03
    @sonship said
    @lemondrop

If He were only the God of people who have never lost a limb, He would not be that great of a God, would He ?

Joni Eareckson Tada Shares Her Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVXJ8GyLgt0&ab_channel=JoniandFriends
    hardly a story of an amputee
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 17:183 edits
    @lemondrop

that's all I'm asking

Okay. Thankyou for your honest testimonial.

I was born with a partially blind right eye. It turns out. I looked cock-eyed to my displeasure and cannot help it. I endured some ridicule from school kids who noticed my eyes were not straight.

I was among charismatic Christians who insisted that God is always wanting to physically heal a body. But I received no healing of my blind eye in spite of prayers.

One day I learned that I had more real EYES in my HEART which were even more important to be seeing properly. And I realized that as long as my inner eyes were straight and saw clearly, I can wait until the age when I receive a glorified body in resurrection as the New Testament assures.

I changed my prayer Lord Jesus, my inner eyes of my heart ... Lord may they be single and straight. Lord make my real inner eyes able to see you without any blindness.

I also know of people who did receive some healings physically.
    Sometimes His answer is "No - Christ, more of Christ in your soul is what I want."

I know God is able to make all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose. His purpose is to wrought Christ into our being. His purpose is to work Jesus Himself into our being. His purpose is to conform us to the image of Christ His Firstborn Son among many brothers.

You may have to wait for new limbs in that age to come. What about your walking in the way of God's eternal purpose? How straight is it? Is it impeded? Have you stumbled any? Are you able to control your path directly to Him?

There is the physical body which sometimes God is willing to heal.
    But there is the spiritual and psychological being which is in much need of healing, transformation, saturation with the holy nature of Christ and the perfect humanity of the Son of Man.

Fanny Crosby lost her sight because of medical mal-practice. She did not curse God or complain. Fanny Crosby's over 9000 poems turned into hymns will probably be remembered more than a thousand sermons from preachers.

She turned her misfortune into something that was an inspiration to maybe millions of God seeking human beings.

Grasp that we ALL without exception have SOMETHING that we wish had turned out some OTHER way. We would have never had chosen it for ourselves. Yet we find ourselves with that thing. The God of resurrection overcomes EVERY adverse situation and turns it into something for His glory, His faithfulness, and our being conformed to the image of the One who DIED naked, bleeding, undeserved, cursed even of God for our sins and rose to be our Savior, our Lord for eternity.

Consecrate your misfortune to God.
    Consecrate your unhappy misfortune to God's sovereign will in His eternal purpose. Trusting in the Lord you will never be put to shame.

"For our momentary lightness of affliction works out for us, more and more surpassingly, an eternal weight of glory.

Because we do not regard the things which are seen but the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are seen are eternal." (2 Cor. 4:17,18)
  12. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 17:27
    @sonship said
    @lemondrop

that's all I'm asking

Okay. Thankyou for your honest testimonial.

I was born with a partially blind right eye. It turns out. I looked cock-eyed to my displeasure and cannot help it. I endured some ridicule from school kids who noticed my eyes ...[text shortened]... ings which are seen are temporary, but the things which are seen are eternal." (2 Cor. 4:17,18) [/b]
    you talk around my simple question
    why has there not been a single amputee given gods mercy?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 18:48
    @lemondrop

I may have misunderstood your question.

The premise of your question I do not accept.
    That is that no amputee has received mercy from God.

So I cannot answer your question WHY when I do not accept the premise of the question.

Perhaps you wish to ask me why no miraculous restoral of a person's missing limb is recorded. Is that what you meant?
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 18:56
    I'm just screwing around
    have a blessed day
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 19:261 edit
    @lemondrop
    I'm just screwing around
    have a blessed day

Screwing around and starting a whole discussion thread about it?
    Okay.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree