Answered prayer

Answered prayer

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Apr 09

Originally posted by buckky
Hey dim wit. I was being snide. Wake up and stop being the angry man looking for trouble.
Don't be too hard on him, he's done well after an overdose of sherzwitz in other threads and is probalby feeling a little out of breath.

Moves
06 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Scriabin
examine your question.

you assume the existence of God; you assume the intervention of God.

unsupportable assumptions.

Religion and the belief in God is merely a contest among folks who are trying to establish who has the best imaginary friend.

There may be a Creator -- the universe itself may be "God."

The fact is we don't know and we have n hat is the referrant to that word? Does the answer to that question in turn answer yours?
I'm not saying Bucky does because he doesn't as far as i can tell; but if someone chooses to believe in god and is doing you or no one else any harm, what is it to you?

w

Moves
06 Apr 09
2 edits

I think we all have prayed for help in a time of extreme need. I've had trouble with my job or trouble with my wife or what ever nightmare mess might appear , and I have felt that God did intervene in some mysterious way. I do wonder why God would choose to help me and not help some kid that is being tortured by some pervert. I bet the Jews in the concentrati killed without God offering to stop the madness. Explain why God helps some, and not other's.
I suggest you read the book of Job. In fact, the entire Bible is chalk full of stories of righteous people being killed/persectued. According to Christ, the blood of the prophets were on the hands of Israel as they often would kill them. Even all 12 of the d\isciples of Jesus were martyred for their faith save one. While we are on the subject, consider the prayer of Jesus before he went to the cross as he sweated great drops of blood pleading for the Father for a way out. Of course, he got no response. That's right, the prayer of the Son of God went unanswsered!!! 😉

So why do I say this? I say this because these men in the Bible represent the best of the best in terms of righteousness and men of prayer. Of course, I do not mean to imply that prayer is pointless because these men of prayer accomplished great things for the kingdom of God. I merely say this to show that things often don't make sense even though there seems to be a method to the madness.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
07 Apr 09

And you, you sick, malevolent lying psycho, are feeding off the misery of people with whom you have absolutely no real connection.

You carry a US passport -- remember?
I really don't know what on Earth you're talking about, and even if I did, I would say that this is the wrong forum for that. I'm Palestinian. I went to Palestine, fairly recently. I identify as Palestinian. I struggle for Palestine.

That part of the debate is over.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
07 Apr 09

Hey dim wit. I was being snide. Wake up and stop being the angry man looking for trouble.
No one can stop him; he's a US politician, and an angry one too. Don't worry about it; he does it to everybody that he disagrees with.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
07 Apr 09

Originally posted by divegeester
Don't be too hard on him, he's done well after an overdose of sherzwitz in other threads and is probalby feeling a little out of breath.
Not sure what a "sherzwitz" is, but it would be better for all of us if he ignored me, as he has promised to do on multiple occasions.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
07 Apr 09

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm not saying Bucky does because he doesn't as far as i can tell; but if someone chooses to believe in god and is doing you or no one else any harm, what is it to you?
therein lies the rub: those who insist on my paying tribute to their "beliefs" do me harm. They invade my space, my privacy, ring my doorbell with their nonsense, clutter the airwaves and subvert politics in an attempt to enforce their bull=-t on everyone.

folks criticize Muslim extremists, and rightly so. To me, any over enthusiastic evangelical religionist, Christian or otherwise, are equally objectionable.

if folks want to believe this or that and keep it to themselves and refrain from polluting the public discourse or infringing on my political and civil rights, fine, do it, enjoy it.

but they don't act that way.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
07 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by scherzo
I really don't know what on Earth you're talking about, and even if I did, I would say that this is the wrong forum for that. I'm Palestinian. I went to Palestine, fairly recently. I identify as Palestinian. I struggle for Palestine.

That part of the debate is over.
Nothing personal against you, but if you identify yourself as a Palastinian, then why don't you change your profile by taking off the "American" part of Palistinian-Amarican and simply move to Palastine and be a Palastinian. We don't need "Palastinian-Americans", or "anything-American", who identify themselves with another country more than they do America. This is one of the main reasons America is becoming F'ed-up in the first place. 😲

S

Moves
07 Apr 09

I prayed to the lord to allow gay marriage in Vermont.

Moves
07 Apr 09

therein lies the rub: those who insist on my paying tribute to their "beliefs" do me harm. They invade my space, my privacy, ring my doorbell with their nonsense, clutter the airwaves and subvert politics in an attempt to enforce their bull=-t on everyone.

folks criticize Muslim extremists, and rightly so. To me, any over enthusiastic evangelical religi ...[text shortened]... ging on my political and civil rights, fine, do it, enjoy it.

but they don't act that way.
What type of world do you want? One where there is no freedom of speech? Grow up my friend, I had you down as an intelligent protestor not some left wing student philosopher whining over the big bad inherently evil god who is going to send everyone to hell......err....but actually doesn't exist.

I’ve never heard such pathetic whinging, and over what -- The idiot religious people preaching their beliefs? Good grief.

Try these tactics:
A) If someone calls at your door selling something – say no thanks and please don’t call again. If they do call again have them arrested or better still - shot at your feet
B) If someone is on a radio station talking about something you don’t like – have them shut down and their family imprisoned
C) If someone posts something you don’t like in this forum, have them banned
Oh, one other tactic you could try is – naff off to the debates forum matey!

Byeeeee

s

At the Revolution

Moves
07 Apr 09

Originally posted by dystoniac
Nothing personal against you, but if you identify yourself as a Palastinian, then why don't you change your profile by taking off the "American" part of Palistinian-Amarican and simply move to Palastine and be a Palastinian. We don't need "Palastinian-Americans", or "anything-American", who identify themselves with another country more than they do America. This is one of the main reasons America is becoming F'ed-up in the first place. 😲
Because you expect me to drop my own culture in the face of globalization and McDonalds? No way, Jose!

d

Break-twitching

Moves
08 Apr 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Because you expect me to drop my own culture in the face of globalization and McDonalds? No way, Jose!
I didn't say to drop your culture. By all means, embrace your culture but as an American. If you don't want to do that, go live in Gaza! They got McDonalds there, too, you know, or at least they should have as tossing rocks at Israeli tanks and blowing one's self up works up quite an appetite for a super-sized Happy Meal, don't cha think?