1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 20:14
    I think we all have prayed for help in a time of extreme need. I've had trouble with my job or trouble with my wife or what ever nightmare mess might appear , and I have felt that God did intervene in some mysterious way. I do wonder why God would choose to help me and not help some kid that is being tortured by some pervert. I bet the Jews in the concentration camp's prayed like crazy for help, and nothing happened but millions killed without God offering to stop the madness. Explain why God helps some, and not other's.
  2. Break-twitching
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 20:44
    Originally posted by buckky
    I think we all have prayed for help in a time of extreme need. I've had trouble with my job or trouble with my wife or what ever nightmare mess might appear , and I have felt that God did intervene in some mysterious way. I do wonder why God would choose to help me and not help some kid that is being tortured by some pervert. I bet the Jews in the concentrati ...[text shortened]... killed without God offering to stop the madness. Explain why God helps some, and not other's.
    There is no explanation that will satisfy the finite mind of man. Man does not know God. We do not have the capacity to know God's reasons. In short, man cannot handle the truth, but we must seek the truth through Jesus Christ in order to become one with God, as He had originall intended in the beginning.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 20:58
    I think we all have prayed for help in a time of extreme need. I've had trouble with my job or trouble with my wife or what ever nightmare mess might appear , and I have felt that God did intervene in some mysterious way. I do wonder why God would choose to help me and not help some kid that is being tortured by some pervert. I bet the Jews in the concentrati ...[text shortened]... killed without God offering to stop the madness. Explain why God helps some, and not other's.
    Don't know either. There are times when evil things play out and there
    are times evil things are stopped, there are times when good things
    play out and there are times when good things are stopped.

I know that bad things happen to good people and good things do
    happen to bad. I don't know why, I only know that we share a common
    life, we all get wet when it rains, we live basically the same life as the
    next guy. Our lives as we go through these things are in my opinion
    much more important than the things we go through in this life if that
    makes sense. We either maintain our "goodness" or "core truths" in
    both the good and the bad or we don't. What is real about us? Is it
    we are good as long as we get our own way, are we tollerant as long as
    everyone agrees with us? I'm not sure why life shakes out the way it
    does, but I do believe that truth will, win out in the end, God will be
    able to answer our questions, and right all the wrongs.
    Kelly
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:00
    You're about sixty years behind the times ... many Holocaust survivors are making huge amounts of money because they supposedly survived the Nazi holocaust.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:31
    Originally posted by scherzo
    You're about sixty years behind the times ... many Holocaust survivors are making huge amounts of money because they supposedly survived the Nazi holocaust.
    Yeah so the other millions who didn't survive or make any money shouldn't have had thier prayers answered anyway.....good grief man!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:34
    Bucky, did you really pray about those situations and do you really believe that God helped you?
  7. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Bucky, did you really pray about those situations and do you really believe that God helped you?
    Yes I really prayed, but I can't say for sure it was God helping me. It could have been things would have changed even if I did not pray. The more I look at the world, and all the suffering that some go through my problems seem tame in comparison. It seems petty of me to even ask for help with my small problems when others are in hell of some kind. When children are beaten to death at the hands of some nut, and God does not reach out and offer to stop the outrage it makes me think we might just be on our own in every way. Mother Teresa seemed to have lost a lot of her faith after witnessing the horror that some go through without God intervening.
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:51
    I guess they came out smelling like a rose on the deal. Money can smooth out all the kinks. Even spending time in a concentration camp can work out great if you have money waiting on you. God works in mysterious ways.
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 23:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yeah so the other millions who didn't survive or make any money shouldn't have had thier prayers answered anyway.....good grief man!
    It's sad ... Elie Wiesel and the like are feeding off the souls of their dead relatives.
  10. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 02:52
    examine your question.

you assume the existence of God; you assume the intervention of God.

unsupportable assumptions.

Religion and the belief in God is merely a contest among folks who are trying to establish who has the best imaginary friend.

There may be a Creator -- the universe itself may be "God."

The fact is we don't know and we have no way presently to know.

All those who claim otherwise are either unwitting or malevolently knowing liars.

No one professing a belief in "God" has been able to define what they mean by that word.

I'd start there -- question what folks mean when they say the word -- what is the referrant to that word? Does the answer to that question in turn answer yours?
  11. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 02:53
    It's sad ... Elie Wiesel and the like are feeding off the souls of their dead relatives.
    And you, you sick, malevolent lying psycho, are feeding off the misery of people with whom you have absolutely no real connection.

You carry a US passport -- remember?
  12. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 02:55
    I guess they came out smelling like a rose on the deal. Money can smooth out all the kinks. Even spending time in a concentration camp can work out great if you have money waiting on you. God works in mysterious ways.
    can you be any more stupid or less of a human being as to say such a thing?

what do you even know about it?

where are your facts?

or are you merely another fiercely ignorant bigot or, worse, a psycho with a histrionic personality disorder like scherzo?
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 03:33
    Yes I really prayed, but I can't say for sure it was God helping me. It could have been things would have changed even if I did not pray. The more I look at the world, and all the suffering that some go through my problems seem tame in comparison. It seems petty of me to even ask for help with my small problems when others are in hell of some kind. When child ...[text shortened]... st a lot of her faith after witnessing the horror that some go through without God intervening.
    If there is a god, it is clear he is not very benevolent, or he lacks the power to stop evil, or he lacks the ability to foresee evil.

I find the defense of "God has his reasons, even if we do not know them" very unsatisfying. The worst part is that some theists believe that many people will end up in heaven, living in paradise, with no sin or suffering, yet they think these people retain their individuality and free will.

Given all that, you've got to wonder why God didn't just start everything off right at that point. No failed humans; no sinners. Just people living in paradise, free of pain and suffering, retaining their individuality and free will.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 06:06
    Next time try praying to a different God and see if your results differ (over the next 10 - 20 tries). Also consider trying other options like astrologers or fortune tellers. You will probably find there is little statistical difference between gods or even when you don't pray, but the human minds pattern matching software is so sophisticated that it sees patterns in randomness (yes the patterns are really there) and incorrectly interprets them as being non-random.
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 11:09
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    can you be any more stupid or less of a human being as to say such a thing?

what do you even know about it?

where are your facts?

or are you merely another fiercely ignorant bigot or, worse, a psycho with a histrionic personality disorder like scherzo?
    Hey dim wit. I was being snide. Wake up and stop being the angry man looking for trouble.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree