1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 18:06
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Darfius,

I'm not a Catholic myself and I struggle with my own spiritual identity daily. However, my wife is Catholic, as is her family and I must tell you that they are among some of the most faithful God fearing people you could possibly meet. My wife's father in particular has led an extraordinarly good and admirable life. His faith and unwa ...[text shortened]... ind it unfortunate that you would sweepingly condemn such a man simply because he is Catholic.
    Did you not see where I said there are Christians within the church? I'm not judging anyone's salvation, I'm saying the doctrines of the Catholic Church harm more than help.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 18:44
    Originally posted by telerion
    Hey Dar, you're about 488 years too late. Martin Luther already cleared it up. Thanks though.

Kletsmajoor.
  3. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 03:34
    I don't remember the source, but this aphorism is thought-provoking for all but the most brainwashed of people...

"A God who cannot be trusted to enforce justice in this world cannot be trusted to enforce justice in an afterlife."
  4. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 03:49
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Its not specifically anti-christian, but a good one all the same:
    "Those who toil and live in want all their lives are taught by religion to be submissive and patient while here on earth, and to take comfort in the hope of a heavenly reward. But those who live by the labour of others are taught by religion to practise charity while on earth, thus offering ...[text shortened]... e as exploiters and selling them at a moderate price tickets to well-being in heaven." VI Lenin
    Who's Lenin...or do you mean John Lennon?....what song are you quoting?...was it off the White Album?...I don't think they had a red album....🙄 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree